testtest

Flash Hider VS Compensator

I run a muzzle brake on all my MSR’s now after getting the Saint victor with one. I like the recoil as well as wild game doesn't shoot back, so why do a flash hider

My Ruger MPR 556 came with a muzzle brake and I really like it. Definitely softens the recoil.
My paw-in-law has a Ruger 18” AR with their brake and I will say as obnoxious as it is, actually it is them most obnoxious brake I have been around with electronic muffs and foam plugs shooting outdoors it is more noticeable than all other devices I have and my shooting companions have. With that being said it works. I know .223/5.56 recoil is minimal, but this brake is awesome.

Having tried brakes and comps on everything from 8" 9mm subgun/pcc's to my FN Scar 17, I moved away from comps for a few reasons. Training in close quarters in buildings and around cars will definitely wake you up real quick with a comp.

The other issue I have personally seen training newer shooters as well as taking the ladies in my life, the tend to dislike anything with a comp as the concussion and noise distracts them. If a comp suits your needs I would say go for it, but with proper training and technique is what you gain from a comp really worth the trade off in the noise?

Back