testtest

Flitz polish

I use it as a final polish on knives I make, then wax them for protection.. Flitz is a very fine abrasive polish, but it is abrasive.

Your ronin has a painted finish do they not and blued upper? I would not use flitz on either.

I use Birchwood Casey gun stock wax on blued and stainless firearms.

Last edited:
Ok just looked and the 5 inch is stainless, the Commander is aluminum and is duracoated.

So definitely not on the Commander, and you could on the stainless, however you will eventually end up with a highly polished lower, rather like a chromed pistol. Unless you want that I would recommend personally a wax, auto or other.

Last edited:
I used it in the military and policing to polish brass. It shines but it is an abrasive as mentioned above. Would not use it on a gun. I have lived in humid Florida for more than 40 years and have found that an occasional spray of Remoil and daily wipedown with a silicone cloth protects the finish on all my guns. My EDC gets a wipe down with a silicone cloth every day when I put it in the lock box.

It will do a great job on your feed ramp and chamber, but I’d keep it away from the surface of your Ronin. Use a silicon cloth to polish it up. If you get a scratch on the frame (assuming you have the stainless frame) a maroon Scothbrite pad and some restraint will remove it.

I forgot to mention that one thing Flitz is particularly good for - removing haze from headlights. There’s a lot of products that will supposedly do this, but Flitz is the real deal. I’ve actually used it on my Porsche headlights.
But the haze will come back. I’ve used Flitz on headlights before I started wet sanding, buffing and clear coating headlight lenses. That’s permanent, just polishing them wears away in the elements and the haze eventually comes back unless it’s a garage queen.

But the haze will come back. I’ve used Flitz on headlights before I started wet sanding, buffing and clear coating headlight lenses. That’s permanent, just polishing them wears away in the elements and the haze eventually comes back unless it’s a garage queen.
Definitely a garage queen. If it was a daily I’d get them cleared as well.

Been using Renaissance Wax for over 20 years on everything. Works great on guns leaves no fingerprints. Great on rifle stocks makes them look like new. My wife use's it on her jewelry.

Back