testtest

FN Rebate Incentivized me...

Yeah, I called FN and they said the flat trigger was the training wheels trigger and that the curved trigger was for advanced shooters who like to be challenged. I thought it might be something like that. What a relief.

ZOOM footage of me having the conversation with FN.

View attachment 48516
Well i can't argue with that, i seen your targets and them one ragged holes. and i can't even hit the target.

Well i can't argue with that, i seen your targets and them one ragged holes. and i can't even hit the target.
Its all in his technique ..
1702427768409.gif

Dry firing I was really questioning this trigger (so much so I was googling "Apex trigger for 509") - but actual firing it was fine to good for me. I thought I would be getting the trigger you have in the pic. I was actually surprised mine came with a flat trigger -

View attachment 48503

Other than the trigger, how do you like the 510? I'm always curious to hear more about a new 10mm on the market.

Other than the trigger, how do you like the 510? I'm always curious to hear more about a new 10mm on the market.
I really like the 510. 1st 10mm I've shot and owned. (I own and shoot .357 though.) Grip was the best fit for my hands - vs. M&P, Sig Xten, Springfield, Glock. Definitely different than shooting 9mm - but shooting 10mm puts a smile on my face every time. Great firearm. I've probably only got 200 rounds thru it - but not a hiccup. I'd recommend the 510 without hesitation. Actually the trigger is not bad for me.

1702439172087.png

Very 1st 15 rounds I put thru it at 7 yards - iron sights - still have work to do, though -
1702439413845.png

I really like the 510. 1st 10mm I've shot and owned. (I own and shoot .357 though.) Grip was the best fit for my hands - vs. M&P, Sig Xten, Springfield, Glock. Definitely different than shooting 9mm - but shooting 10mm puts a smile on my face every time. Great firearm. I've probably only got 200 rounds thru it - but not a hiccup. I'd recommend the 510 without hesitation. Actually the trigger is not bad for me.

View attachment 48536

Very 1st 15 rounds I put thru it at 7 yards - iron sights - still have work to do, though - View attachment 48537

Thanks! There's a FN dealer not too far from where I live - I'll have to check one out next time I'm there. 👍

View attachment 48536

Very 1st 15 rounds I put thru it at 7 yards - iron sights - still have work to do, though - View attachment 48537
What is it about the trigger you don’t like? The trigger was the reason I bought my 545T. It is very Sig-like, which I know is not everybody’s cup of tea. I’ve found it to be such a good shooter that I haven’t bothered to put a red dot on it. The big front sight is almost as good as a red dot and in .45acp it is an amazingly soft shooter.

What is it about the trigger you don’t like? The trigger was the reason I bought my 545T. It is very Sig-like, which I know is not everybody’s cup of tea. I’ve found it to be such a good shooter that I haven’t bothered to put a red dot on it. The big front sight is almost as good as a red dot and in .45acp it is an amazingly soft shooter.
The trigger is ok for me. I have never changed out a stock trigger on any of my handguns. The PDP trigger is better. But......the Staccato and P 226 Legion triggers I own have me spoiled. Nothing really wrong with either my 509 or 510 triggers. No plan or need to change them out. I think the other features of the FNs are better than their competitors... where their triggers are not as far above. Again - nothing really wrong with either 509/510 triggers for me. In my 510 reply above - I said "The trigger is not bad for me."

The trigger is ok for me. I have never changed out a stock trigger on any of my handguns. The PDP trigger is better. But......the Staccato and P 226 Legion triggers I own have me spoiled. Nothing really wrong with either my 509 or 510 triggers. No plan or need to change them out. I think the other features of the FNs are better than their competitors... where their triggers are not as far above. Again - nothing really wrong with either 509/510 triggers for me. In my 510 reply above - I said "The trigger is not bad for me."
My 229 and 226 SAO Legions live in another neighborhood. Comparing just about anything to their triggers is definitely a losing proposition! I was just surprised by your “not bad’ comment re the 510 because when I tested the 545 - which has the same trigger - I bought it because I thought it was really good, particularly for a striker fired .45 and I am an admitted trigger snob. The 509T for what it costs has one of the roughest feeling triggers I’ve come across. I had read all the comments about how gritty it was and I was still surprised. As I mentioned earlier when I dry fire it it makes me cringe, but at the range I don’t even notice.

....to add the 509 Tactical to the collection.

Paid $849 - rebate brings it down to $725 -
Includes mounting plates (I do not have to buy $70 - as with some others - Sig)
Includes threaded barrel (I do not have to buy - $150 - 200? -to use the Obsidian 9)
Suppressor height sights (I do not have to buy - as with all? others)
Includes 3 additional 24 round mags (I did not have to buy - $65? each)

I think that is a great deal.
Grip fits my hands extremely well.
Nice shooter.
FDE color looks excellent.
Trigger is just ok for me - only neutral on this firearm.

Holosun 507 ACSS Vulcan green dot added (have not shot it yet with dot)

Link to FN rebate details - a few models thru 12/31/23 -

View attachment 48480

View attachment 48482
View attachment 48483
Congrats Dadoser, great deal there. I have several FNs (FNS 9c, 509c MRD, FNX 45t and their new 510), and I like them all. I'm sure you'll be pleased with your purchase.

Dry firing I was really questioning this trigger (so much so I was googling "Apex trigger for 509") - but actual firing it was fine to good for me. I thought I would be getting the trigger you have in the pic. I was actually surprised mine came with a flat trigger -

View attachment 48503
Important to remember the FN 500 series do not have removable triggers like a Glock/others.
Trigger is not the culprit of the trigger feeling like gravel it’s the machining inside the slide channel. Shooting sight makes a better striker with larger bearing surface than the FN striker makes them feel smoother but more prone to light strikes if too much lube is in the striker Chanel.

Its all in his technique ..
View attachment 48519

On the North Carolina police qualification course, the "in close" part, that is the 3 and 5 yard portions, the latter is shot weak hand, just like you see in the GIF, the five yard is strong hand the same way.
Your bodies natural arm orientation is back of the hand facing up, not facing outboard.
Funny the things you pick up when you have a truly varied professional career LOL

I have been thinking about a 509 medium, why I don't know. It will be only used at the range. Guess I better make up my mind before the rebate ends!

Back