testtest

For .44 Mag/Smith M29 and/or Warren Zevon Fans

Snake45

Professional
All y'all .44 Mag/Smith M29 fans might enjoy this:

In the liner notes of Warren Zevon's album Excitable Boy, there's a famous photograph (well, famous to Warren Zevon fans, anyway) of Zevon's own Model 29 called, for some reason, “Willie on the Plate.” You can google that and find it. For those who have never seen it, it looks like this.

1699067406390.png

In 2000, Zevon released a new album titled Life'll Kill Ya which contained a new song called “I Was in the House When the House Burned Down.” The first line of this song is:

“I had the s*** till it all got smoked...”

He had been performing this new song at his live concerts all during 1999 (I saw him do it at the Birchmere in Alexandra, VA, on Feb 10, 1999), and some of his devoted fans were trading “bootleg” tapes and CDs of these concerts. I managed to accumulate four of five of these prized bootlegs. Some of the bootleg collectors/traders liked to put out a really quality product, with artwork for the CD jewel cases. I had an idea I thought would be fun for such artwork, and shot the photograph, which I call “Willie on the Pot.” (“I had the s***s...." --get it?). And here it is:

1699067564841.png

Back in the day my best friend had a Pitbull named Roland after the headless Thompson gunner song. I have the "Excitable Boy" cd still. Thanks for bringing back the memories.
You should like this one too, then. It's another piece of CD cover art I created, apparently for some kind of "Best Of" CD, or something (I never got around to actually creating the CD).

1699101409343.png

Back