testtest

For all you newbies about gun(s) availability

Yeah, plenty of Caniks around. ;) :D:ROFLMAO:

Just a joke buddy. I usually can find what I want. Not always when I want it. At least twice now in the last 3 years I was ready to pull the trigger on an M4 model 11714 and couldn't find one. Benelli only ships twice a year so it's definitely a matter of timing because they don't sit on the shelves for long.
Is Canik a joke? I had an sfx that was awesome, until my son decided he had to have it. It went bang just as well as my Ed Brown and Dan Wesson 1911s.

Is Canik a joke? I had an sfx that was awesome, until my son decided he had to have it. It went bang just as well as my Ed Brown and Dan Wesson 1911s.
It is the butt of many around here. If your skin is thin about it that's a you thing not a me thing. I could spend the rest of the day writing out a list of mediocre, sterile, subpar products that there is no shortage of people ( especially on the internet) who claim they are just as good or better than ( insert name brand product here). I'll start:

Hi Points
Every Turkish made M4 clone
Anything made by Behringer
Taurus semi auto handguns
Ruger LCP

Blah, blah, blah.

News to me. Caniks are great guns that are NATO approved and respected in the firearm community overall. I'll assume it's an inside joke or something. I would not take it too seriously even if it's not. There are naysayers to every manufacturer. There are even more who think Springfield's offerings are crap and subpar vs Caniks.

It is the butt of many around here. If your skin is thin about it that's a you thing not a me thing. I could spend the rest of the day writing out a list of mediocre, sterile, subpar products that there is no shortage of people ( especially on the internet) who claim they are just as good or better than ( insert name brand product here). I'll start:

Hi Points
Every Turkish made M4 clone
Anything made by Behringer
Taurus semi auto handguns
Ruger LCP

Blah, blah, blah.
Forum needs a thumbs down option. My skin isn't thin about it and my intention was only to say that mine worked as well as any of my higher priced guns. That hardly communicates a message that my skin is thin about it. I'm not emotionally tied to it.

Sometimes it's beneficial the manufacturer can't keep up with demand. When I first saw the SA 35 there was a pretty big desire to get one. But it took so long for supply to catch up with demand, the interest has waned. If I stumbled into a used one at the right price I'd probably still get it, but not really in the 'must have' category anymore.

That said, I usually try to wait a bit anyway. Gives the manufacturer time to catch and fix any kinks that might pop up.

Sometimes it's beneficial the manufacturer can't keep up with demand. When I first saw the SA 35 there was a pretty big desire to get one. But it took so long for supply to catch up with demand, the interest has waned. If I stumbled into a used one at the right price I'd probably still get it, but not really in the 'must have' category anymore.

That said, I usually try to wait a bit anyway. Gives the manufacturer time to catch and fix any kinks that might pop up.
if you do decide to get one..??

make sure you check the serial number, and get the highest number above at least 10,000......

we semi "long time" gun owners, and VERY LONG time gun owners know this, but for those of you itching to get your hands on the newest, latest, super-duperiest deluxe gun(s), here's something you need to know...as to why you CAN'T find what you want RIGHT NOW...!!!

so be patient, we all have to be
I and a whole lot of others on this forum have probably had this conversation multiple times. I'm waiting on a high demand pistol, hopefully I'll get good news this week.

we semi "long time" gun owners, and VERY LONG time gun owners know this, but for those of you itching to get your hands on the newest, latest, super-duperiest deluxe gun(s), here's something you need to know...as to why you CAN'T find what you want RIGHT NOW...!!!

so be patient, we all have to be
For those looking to new hardware to correct chronic shooting problems (unable to hit the side of the barn from inside, for example) a new firearm will only succeed in lowering your account balance.

If it’s something I really wanted and the lgs didn’t have it, I’d (1) check with a big “National” dealer or two (Bud’s), or failing that go to gunbroker or similar sight and have a local FFL order it. That said, a wise monkey will usually wait a bit to see how the latest/greatest actually works in the real world before plunking down the long green.

Back