testtest

For all you newbies about gun(s) availability

Old_Me

Ronin
we semi "long time" gun owners, and VERY LONG time gun owners know this, but for those of you itching to get your hands on the newest, latest, super-duperiest deluxe gun(s), here's something you need to know...as to why you CAN'T find what you want RIGHT NOW...!!!

so be patient, we all have to be

In general I agree however There’s a couple differences.

Are you a Technical Shooter aka competition wanting a warp split time and go fast where you know each target gets 2 shots etc

Or are you a Application Shooter Real world assessment target ID etc

There are some incredible products however for most they spend more money than performance they will get. If you are needing tighter groups spending $&$ for a 1/10” better might be worth it for a competition guy but will that 1/10” make a difference in a self defense or hunting shot?? I’ll wager NO!

Then what most overlook the majority of guns I see choke in a match or class has aftermarket parts YouTube trigger job or crappy reloads.

But companies and people want to convince you, you just gotta have it because they want to sell you stuff!

66 years old, been hunting/shooting since I was 10 way back in the good ol'days. I'm not a collector, not a competition shooter, and by all means not a tactical dooms day prepper. So my words of wisdom to new shooters. Maintain a 1 of inventory (sometimes more) of every tool to make a well rounded tool box. If I had a ton of money, or had not raised 3 kids with a wife of over 45 years things might be different.

All said....There's no better security than a happy life and the right screwdriver, should the need arise.

In general I agree however There’s a couple differences.

Are you a Technical Shooter aka competition wanting a warp split time and go fast where you know each target gets 2 shots etc

Or are you a Application Shooter Real world assessment target ID etc

There are some incredible products however for most they spend more money than performance they will get. If you are needing tighter groups spending $&$ for a 1/10” better might be worth it for a competition guy but will that 1/10” make a difference in a self defense or hunting shot?? I’ll wager NO!

Then what most overlook the majority of guns I see choke in a match or class has aftermarket parts YouTube trigger job or crappy reloads.

But companies and people want to convince you, you just gotta have it because they want to sell you stuff!
66 years old, been hunting/shooting since I was 10 way back in the good ol'days. I'm not a collector, not a competition shooter, and by all means not a tactical dooms day prepper. So my words of wisdom to new shooters. Maintain a 1 of inventory (sometimes more) of every tool to make a well rounded tool box. If I had a ton of money, or had not raised 3 kids with a wife of over 45 years things might be different.

All said....There's no better security than a happy life and the right screwdriver, should the need arise.
what do either of these do, to explain to a newbie, why he (or she), has to wait for a gun that he (or she) wants right now.??

the point of the video, is to EXPLAIN why there are LOOOONG wait times for some guns, nothing more than that.

in so doing, when a newbie comes HERE and asks us the question, "why can't i get the gun i want at ANY local gun store"..

then someone simply links THIS thread to that person, which then EXPLAINS the reason(s)...???

not about tools, not about tactical.......

its all about explaining the LOOOONG wait times...........

it was really a quite simple video...........

what do either of these do, to explain to a newbie, why he (or she), has to wait for a gun that he (or she) wants right now.??

the point of the video, is to EXPLAIN why there are LOOOONG wait times for some guns, nothing more than that.

in so doing, when a newbie comes HERE and asks us the question, "why can't i get the gun i want at ANY local gun store"..

then someone simply links THIS thread to that person, which then EXPLAINS the reason(s)...???

not about tools, not about tactical.......

its all about explaining the LOOOONG wait times...........

it was really a quite simple video...........
I’ll bet you’re a fun one to have a conversation with …..

We live in a world where instant gratification is expected by many. When I want a high quality, in-demand item, I'm willing to wait for it to be available. In some cases, the wait time allows for the "bugs" in the "newest and greatest" items to be worked out. Once you've done your diligent research and made your decision, relax! Patience has its rewards.

Last edited:
There have been firearms I wanted right away and I purchased right away, there have been some I waited on by choice because the new to market price was too high (Colt Python), and others that I wanted but had no other choice other than to wait.

I don't see anything wrong with either route people choose to take. It's their money and happiness. I purchased a XD Mod 2 as soon as it was released, and I even paid a premium which was okay because I wanted it. I still have it to this day. When HK releases their new micro 9mm, I'll probably will buy that immediately too. These are reputable companies with good customer service, so I will be taken care of if any issues arise. I'll send it back no problem. Not a huge deal for me.

Honestly, in the past three years I have never not been able to get my hands on a gun I wanted. And I may, or may not have, bought a lot of guns in that time.
Yeah, plenty of Caniks around. ;) :D:ROFLMAO:

Just a joke buddy. I usually can find what I want. Not always when I want it. At least twice now in the last 3 years I was ready to pull the trigger on an M4 model 11714 and couldn't find one. Benelli only ships twice a year so it's definitely a matter of timing because they don't sit on the shelves for long.

Get to know a private, but serious FFL dealer. The best ones will get a small allocation of limited guns and call customers who they know will be interested in particular ones.

Also a practice is (especially with new guns like Ruger Marlins or when the Springfield SA 35!came out) some stores will put them in Gunbrowker.

The legit ones will start them at or 100 dollars under MSRP and let the market (or how ban people want it) to decide the price.

The Iess legit ones or some folks will start way over the MSRP. And while some would disagree with me to me that is the difference between letting the free market decide vs gouging

Also a practice is (especially with new guns like Ruger Marlins or when the Springfield SA 35!came out) some stores will put them in Gunbrowker.

The legit ones will start them at or 100 dollars under MSRP and let the market (or how ban people want it) to decide the price.

The Iess legit ones or some folks will start way over the MSRP. And while some would disagree with me to me that is the difference between letting the free market decide vs gouging

I've found that for the most part when you do on-line searches for specific, newer models the prices at all the legitimate places are the same. For example the price of a VP9SK/SCS at all the usual retailers is $1089.00. I went to my LGS the other day and their price was $1089.00. They did however talk me into ordering the distributor exclusive, which came with a soft case and a few extra magazines for $1139.00.

I've found that for the most part when you do on-line searches for specific, newer models the prices at all the legitimate places are the same. For example the price of a VP9SK/SCS at all the usual retailers is $1089.00. I went to my LGS the other day and their price was $1089.00. They did however talk me into ordering the distributor exclusive, which came with a soft case and a few extra magazines for $1139.00.

Pretty much.

As an example I use to help out the range store with Gunbrowker listings. The store has around 4,500 showroom inventory alone then a separate internet side. Some of his customers got mad because they’d see stuff on the gunbrowker site and not understand the store couldn’t sell them the Gunbrowker gun when thre were pending offers on an ongoing auction on the if they were out of the same one on the showroom as those samples went quick

They starte at or slightly below MSRP depending on what each manufacturer allowed some could only be so much under MSRP if new (Sig was funny about it and if the listings weren’t just right the store got a call from Ms Penny from SIG)

Anywho when the SA 35 came out we listed for like 679 and saw them go for 1,400-1,500 or more at some places

And the Ruger Marlins were starting at 1099 and going for at 2 grand with a couple at over 2,400.

When the Shield first came out I saw an ad for Sportsman's Warehouse announcing them on sale. They must have had 15 or 20 of them come in within a few days of the ad going out. I went in and maybe a dozen people were waiting for their background checks to clear. I produced my CCW permit, filled out ppwk and within minutes walked past those angry folks looking at me.
Fast forward to the announcement of the SA 35. Boy did I want one bad. I waited a long time and ended up buying a Girsan clone. Probably a good thing since the early ones had issues. Another time I wanted the CSX when it came out. I did see a few examples at a gun show. Later, the reset issue was widely known and fixed by the factory, but at least models were shipped far and wide.
It may pay to wait and see how they work out and it also might pay for a company to get their production ramped up at the beginning. Just saying.

Honestly, in the past three years I have never not been able to get my hands on a gun I wanted. And I may, or may not have, bought a lot of guns in that time.

Me either, unless I was intent on tracking down something obscure and generally higher-end. Both of my LGS seem to have ample stock, if not overstock, these days. For the majority of types of guns that newbies would be buying, I'm not seeing any shortages.

I have found that often times the new expensive hotness shows up at the LGS quicker than online, while something more common like a VP9 Match is easy to find online but not in the store

I have found that often times the new expensive hotness shows up at the LGS quicker than online, while something more common like a VP9 Match is easy to find online but not in the store
I found that it shows up online first, but those that show up for a decent retail price sell quality and those that are left are usually overpriced above MSRP.

With the Colt Pythons for example. No LGS had them in stock that I know of when they first came out, but GunBroker and a few online retailers had them for sale $600-$800 above MSRP.

Back