testtest

For those with more money....

Yikes, what highway robbery. When I bought my RPR 338 Lapua Magnum rifle, I bought ammo that came out to about $3.50+ per round (I'm seriously thinking about getting into reloading). I just looked at CTD 338 Lapua ammo and it's going for over $6.76+ per round. I don't think there's a run on 338 Lapua rifles going on right now, so why the high price for that caliber at CTD? :unsure: Thievery, plain and simple.

My LGSs are holding pre-covid prices on ammo until they run out of the old stock, but new stock prices have gone up substantially.

One LGS then gets yelled at by some when they have no alternative because new ammo prices are raised.

I've been picking up a bit of old stock stuff while its still available, and have cut down handgun ammo usage to "skill maintenance" levels.

BTW - BVAC is a local MT ammo manufacturer, and they aren't inflating their prices above their regular mark-up so this gouging example is squarely on CTD head.

Needless to say CTD won't get any business from me due to their business policy on ammo prices.

My LGSs are holding pre-covid prices on ammo until they run out of the old stock, but new stock prices have gone up substantially.

One LGS then gets yelled at by some when they have no alternative because new ammo prices are raised.

I've been picking up a bit of old stock stuff while its still available, and have cut down handgun ammo usage to "skill maintenance" levels.

BTW - BVAC is a local MT ammo manufacturer, and they aren't inflating their prices above their regular mark-up so this gouging example is squarely on CTD head.

Needless to say CTD won't get any business from me due to their business policy on ammo prices.
Yeah, I use to shop them for parts, etc. Seeing what they're charging for ammo, and hearing (if true), that they have cancelled lower priced orders and forcing customer to reorder at a higher price, will cause me to take by business elsewhere.

Wow that is just wrong. Earlier in the year I used to buy from ammotogo, ammunition store, as well as bulk ammo. I bought some fed and Speer at 13.99, 15.99, then 17.99. I saw it go to 21, then 27, and now sitting at 31-32 a box. Let’s not even talk about defense ammo which I am seeing at 60-65 a box.

Thankfully I was taking a class at my LGS and they had received an order in and was able to get 500 rounds of fed ( at 16 a box.

Free market and all but wow.

Piles and piles of 30-06, , 7mm, .308, and .270 win at Academy’s in N Tx .... hunting rounds are aplenty. Everything else... zip.

Has not been an Academy in 5 cities in N Tx that have not had gobs of deer hunting ammo
Same down Abilene way. Even .380 is in supply. 9mm? High priced Sig HP $1.50 a ROUND for 20.

Back