testtest

Ford CEO: ...

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member

Fine With Being ‘Only One on the Planet Making a V8 Affordable Sports Car’.

1705861877264.png

I had Mustangs for years and drifted away. Gotta admit I really like the Dark Horse Mustang. And I admire the Ford CEO's plans to continue with internal combustion engines in spite of what the government says or competitors do.
I've had a few. A pair of Mach 1s, a Mustang II ( surprisingly great little car) and a 35th anniversary GT. Finally gave up the Mustangs when the 35th kept getting me and the wife in lots of trouble. I got nailed at 135 and she got nailed at 151. Very impossible not to let that car do what it likes to do. Go fast.

Fine With Being ‘Only One on the Planet Making a V8 Affordable Sports Car’.

View attachment 51073
I was at my ford dealer getting the oil changed in my truck on Saturday and they had a beautiful black pony car in the showroom, V8 similar to the white one pictured, MSRP $39,000

Well, wasn’t really a Ford guy, but mustangs always had a place in my heart, glad Ford stood up and decided to keep the V8 gasoline powered muscle car instead of giving into to the false climate change agenda and all EV’s are going to save us all, kudos to Ford!

Insurance cost and fuel economy are things I have to consider more than looks or performance. I'm hoping my current ride is my last or I'll be riding a 3 wheel bicycle.

I've had a few. A pair of Mach 1s, a Mustang II ( surprisingly great little car) and a 35th anniversary GT. Finally gave up the Mustangs when the 35th kept getting me and the wife in lots of trouble. I got nailed at 135 and she got nailed at 151. Very impossible not to let that car do what it likes to do. Go fast.
I remember when Texas DPS(Texas Department of Public Safety aka Texas State Troopers) got the smaller Mustangs and patrolled the highways with them with only the DPS logo on the doors and lights in the windows. I was hauling butt on a motorcycle from Dallas toward San Antonio near Austin. I passed one of those Mustangs and had an "Oh sh*t" moment.

I slowed down to try to get past the Trooper. Suddenly a Toyota Celica Supra blinked his high beams for me to get out of his way. So I moved over to the right lane and the Trooper chased down the Supra. It was a lesson about Police Mustangs I never forgot...:)

I really like the new Mustangs. If my budget allowed I would consider buying one, especially the GT model....:)

I remember when Texas DPS(Texas Department of Public Safety aka Texas State Troopers) got the smaller Mustangs and patrolled the highways with them with only the DPS logo on the doors and lights in the windows. I was hauling butt on a motorcycle from Dallas toward San Antonio near Austin. I passed one of those Mustangs and had an "Oh sh*t" moment.

I slowed down to try to get past the Trooper. Suddenly a Toyota Celica Supra blinked his high beams for me to get out of his way. So I moved over to the right lane and the Trooper chased down the Supra. It was a lesson about Police Mustangs I never forgot...:)

I really like the new Mustangs. If my budget allowed I would consider buying one, especially the GT model....:)
Yep . Late ‘80s - early ‘90s black Mustang LX 5.0 coupe. True dual exhaust on those cars. Manual Tranny.
State troopers loved them.

Dad owned one. It would trounce my IROC Z . Those mustangs were fun as hell. Beat the snot out of a mustang GT as well

IMG_5044.jpeg

AZ DPS had 5.0L Mustangs, there wasn't much that could get away from them. Violators and arrestees were fascinated in the cars. Ford used CO and AZ as test centers for the heat and cold conditions, providing them for free initially then sold them at a very affordable price. Ford also provided a Lincoln Town Car, Taurus and Taurus SHO for testing, no cost to taxpayers. Eventually Toyota tried to get into the LE market, but their Camry failed miserably. GM provided the B4C Camaro for testing.

The 5.0L Mustangs were so much fun, I personally owned three of them.

Last edited:
Yep . Late ‘80s - early ‘90s black Mustang LX 5.0 coupe. True dual exhaust on those cars. Manual Tranny.

Dad owned one. It would trounce my IROC Z . Those mustangs were fun as hell. Beat the snot out of a mustang GT as well

View attachment 51097

The old 5 point slow. :) I smoked all comers with the turbo charged 4.6 in the 35th ann. GT. And they would never have stood a chance in a quarter against the Mach 1s.

View attachment 51097
This thread brought back a memory of watching a 6' 4" trooper getting into one of the mustangs. Kinda looked like a monkey flocking a football.

Back