testtest

Ford, the "Better Idea" company, has a recall, that will NOT fix your vehicle..!!

what happens when you use a 1.5L 4 cylinder engine when the size vehicle should have a nice V6 ;):rolleyes::cautious:
i was at the mom/pop bait store, and a BEAUTIFUL, GMC 4 door, full size pick up stopped in. sorta a light tan color,

i asked "what's under the hood, a 350? a 400?, 454..???"

guy says, "no, the turbo 4 cyl"....

i said right out, i could care less if he was offended....

"i'd never buy a large car and have a dinky 4 banger in it"...

My father probably rolled over in his grave when I purchased my first Toyota pickup. He was a dyed in the wool Ford guy, but I don't think he would like the direction Ford is now taking.
I drive a ‘77 F250 and a ‘15 Tacoma. Both 4x4
The new 2024 Tacoma with a 4 cyl turbo does not interest me at all.
These high spun small engines will wear out soon and have more issues in the long haul on a truck. Especially if you tow like I do

I drive a ‘77 F250 and a ‘15 Tacoma. Both 4x4
The new 2024 Tacoma with a 4 cyl turbo does not interest me at all.
These high spun small engines will wear out soon and have more issues in the long haul on a truck. Especially if you tow like I do
My 2022 Tacoma has the V-6, really like it. Like you I don't care for the small turbo 4 cyl engines, can't imagine they have much torque. Towing capability probably has been reduced a lot.

I have a 2022 Tacoma.
My dad had a 78 Toyota 4wd ,4 cylinder that he put over 400k miles on before rebuilding the engine then put another 280kish on it before it was totaled out in accident.
We loved that old truck. It was a mule. That truck was the reason, when I bought my first new truck in my life just a few years ago, that I too chose a Toyota.

ford doesn't have better ideas, they just try to hide facts that can save your life!

remember when they blamed firestone (I believe it was them) for all of the blowouts/tire failures that caused deaths and trips to the er. well it wasn't the tire mfgr, it was ford lowering tire pressure AND putting a sticker on the door post way lower pressure wise than the mfgr.

dodge at least (usually takes awhile) will fix all of the front suspension recall that have had ball joint, upper/lower ball and all else related to steering.

true all brands do/will have recalls, but some handle it badly of flat out state "it's not the mfgr's fault".

my recalls on the 4 latest gm's I've owned come down to non-safety issues and that will and keeps me buying more from gm. of course it all has to do with certain models and year(s) of production from all mfgrs. I don't own any cars, only p/u's and suv's of full size.

some makes and models are just lemons (yes, that includes gm's).

small turbo's diesels do have more towing capacity/ability than gasoline powered of the same ci and some even bigger. diesels generate more torque flat out! w/o turbos they are useless. ask me how I know! still I can't stand diesels in anything under 2 ton vehicles including my 1 ton. the engine has been good, but i'm not a diesel wanta buyer, but couldn't say no to the amount of money that I saved (reduced by almost 11k on a near 60k $ new '15 3500hd).

small turbo's diesels do have more towing capacity/ability than gasoline powered of the same ci and some even bigger. diesels generate more torque flat out! w/o turbos they are useless. ask me how I know! still I can't stand diesels in anything under 2 ton vehicles including my 1 ton. the engine has been good, but i'm not a diesel wanta buyer, but couldn't say no to the amount of money that I saved (reduced by almost 11k on a near 60k $ new '15 3500hd).
the 2024 Tacoma is a gas 4 cyl, not diesel

Talking about the turbo 4's wearing quicker , Ford had a 3.0L V-6 in 2012 that put out 240 horsepower. In 2013 they came out with the eco-boost engines in 1.6 L @ 178 horsepower and the 2.0L @ 240 horsepower.

Ford themselves said the 3.0 V-6 could be expected to give 300,000 miles but with the eco-boost engines , you could only expect 200,000 miles. Common sense will tell any hot rodder , the more power you pull from the same size engine , the less length of time it will hold together. I don't care if we are talking 4 Cyls. or mega size V-8's.

Wife's 2015 Equinox with the 2.4L just came of 9yrs old so we decided it was time to start looking for an upgrade for her. Now I'm a committed GM/Chevy man and won't even consider any other brand and have only owned 3 other than Chevy (mine and hers) in the past 56 yrs. 2 were gifted to me (inherited) and I traded them for Chevy at first opportunity.

Anyway, the point of this post is that when at the Chevy dealership, all that was offered in the Equinox was the 1.5L 4 cyl, Turbo. Once I was convinced I could not get anything else in the Equinox, I told the salesman 'Thanks, but no thanks'. We did take it for a drive but that little engine was screaming in comparison to her current 2.4L. So, until someone comes out with something more sensible, and hopefully a GM model, we'll live with her 2015 with 34k miles. Yep, that's 34K ... just about 101K miles less than the avg for a 9 yr old vehicle. I've kept the car up in all cases since we bought it in 2015. In fact just finished replacing the TPS sending units inside the tires. They're supposed to last 10 yrs, but these in the rears didn't quite make it, but changed all 4 while at it. Also changed and flushed most fluids while I was at it. It's a cream puff and been well taken care of (much like the wife), so I'm thinking we'll make it (and her) last another year or two.

And BTW, my 2014 Silverado with less than 28k miles is also good for another year or two. We drove it the dealership when we were looking at the Eqinox's and the dealer offered me more for my truck than I paid for it 10 yrs ago!!! Wow, price of used retail has gone crazy.

I will say that foreign small engines will outlast us made's. Whether it be ford, gm or chrysler ALL aren't made that well and with limited exclusions. As far as transmissions go, the 727 torqueflight is 1 stout transmission compared to torbo400 (except the 1's in a caddy w/500ci) and c6's in which I've rebuild and seen the inside of. The amount of clutches and stought 1-way rollers is insane!

It's all fun and games until a turbo goes out. I'm glad I bought my Ram before they killed the Hemi and started putting in these inline 6's w/ turbos.
that's (i think) the main object a person should consider but doesn't know any better to, consider the fact the engine has a turbo.

in diesels, as in 18 wheelers that i drove for decades, the turbo is always spinning.

a "cool down" or "wind down" period is needed before a trucker shuts down the engine, so the turbo gets oil on the bearings.. if not, then the oil on the bearings, will "coke" and ruin those bearings, as well as slowly plug up the oil passages.

it is not as important on the family car, as the turbo is only needed on acceleration, to overcome the anemic tiny 4, and sometimes 6 cylinder engines.

the turbo slows down/cools down, as the driver continues to drive.

however, oil changes and filter changes are even MORE important than ever on a turbo'd engine, and adhering to the owners manual is paramount to long life. as well as CORRECT oil to use.

if there was ever a time, i'd highly recommend the "factory extended warranty"...THIS IS IT...!!!!!!!!

should the turbo explode, and they will, total engine destruction is going to happen.

NOW comes in regular oil changes with filter(s), for that all important approval or DENIAL of repairs under the original warranty or the extended warranty.

Back