testtest

Fords colorful new Raptor.

Honestly I’ve seen worse on all makes and models here in Kentucky.
There are definitely people who have to much time and money here in the commonwealth and spend both bastardizing their vehicles. Sad.
Yes sir. It happens down here near the Mexican border in South Texas. A $3000 car with $10,000 or more worth of accessories. For a time the favorite mod vehicle was a Chevrolet pickup truck with $4000 tires and rims and an interior custom made and installed in Mexico. They used to call those trucks "Choo Choo" trucks. There's sometimes a 1911 in 38 Super for sale down here with a gold slide and Pancho Villa emblems...:) Not my cup of tea, but "Cada Cabeza es un mundo."(Each head is a world.)

Whatever the reason for that marketing commercial, what I have seen is most people that buy four wheel drive trucks and modern SUV's or as I call them urban shopping carts will never see any off road work unless they run it off the driveway.

Whatever the reason for that marketing commercial, what I have seen is most people that buy four wheel drive trucks and modern SUV's or as I call them urban shopping carts will never see any off road work unless they run it off the driveway.
same as the RUB's

Rich Urban Bikers

that buy expensive Hardly-Dependables, and trailer them everywhere with clothing trunks full of all the expensive leather riding gear, cuz they either don't know how to ride, or dare not get them dusty.

i been to a "few" biker gatherings, and those RUB's are quite entertaining, trying to unload those expensive bikes to the ground.

Can guarantee you that that gay pride flag painted Raptor won't ever be found parked in my driveway. Ask the owners in a year or 2 why they bought that particular one and you'll probably get the same response as all those in the 60's and 70's that got the Zig Zag man or Marijuana leaf tatoo. "It seemed like a good idea at the time"

The Ford TDE - Technicolor Dream coat Edition

IMG_2682.jpeg

I worked in a body shop in the 70s, I have seen rainbow painted vehicles, I have seen almost every neon color painted vehicles, and I have seen flat black primer painted vehicles, not sure if that is still the in thing in the cruiser culture group or not. I saw a man in his 70s driving a large creme Chrysler with a massive amount of flat hunter orange highlights. By the time he died that car was about 60 percent flat orange It started with a pinstripe and Every year he added more. Orange windshield wipers, orange chrome, orange wheels, big oranfe stripes He did a great job, taping things off and spraying things. That car was his treasure and masterpiece. And he drove it in every cruise night and entered car shows. I thought it looked hideous but I sure admired his dedication to it.

I personally knew a guy in the 70s who drove a very pale pink, almost white Challenger with a red Starsky and Hutch stripe down one side over the roof and back down the other. In that stripe were pink roses. He loved it and so did his wife. It was his car, he did the work, and he drove it every day. She drove a black pickup.

Point being, Everyone enjoys what they enjoy. The world is too cruel and sad, life is too short, to judge others, and not do what you like as long as it harms no one, no harm no foul.

He'll I love orange faced divers, they may be gaudy to some people, but nonetheless l wear them all the time, i am now 64 years old and way past worrying what others think. Wore this one out for my birthday dinner last night, and its not just a cheap toy, this is a $600 watch, you gotta make be darn sure when you drop that kind of money on a watch you are going to like it.

Some guy wants to drive a, what are they now, 100k gay pride flag sports truck more power to him, its his money. And guys, someone said the people who drive those gaudy things never take them off road, well I would bet about 65% percent of those expensive Raptors regardless of color, never go off roading. They are more status symbols than work trucks.

20230504_090221.jpg

Last edited:
So gay people shouldn't be allowed to buy a truck they like ? What is the problem with Ford marketing a truck to gay people ? They market them to farmers and ranchers and all kinds of people.
i suppose a bed load of Bud Lite went along with it..???

in any event....."resale value" comes to mind.
'
over the years, i had seen many "big rigs" with fancy stainless steel, chrome, fancy paint jobs, that the owner loved.

however, come to sell that hunk of iron, he had better hope someone else has the very same tastes, and that is very few and far between.

otherwise, he's either gonna spring for a new paint job, or be buried in it, cuz no one's gonna touch it

one persons "gem", to another person is a POS........

also, fads come and go, as it stands right now, many colors that are "in" today, will not be in short time.

that POS is gonna be sitting on the used car lot a very long time, the dealers know that, so also, say good bye to a good trade in deal......he's gonna lose money

as a young man, i worked at 2 car dealerships (both GM), and many "strange" colored cars sat, until they got sent to the auctions. dealers lost money on'em

If I was still working at the Ford dealership I think that color would be a hard sell. Can't keep that secret if driving that!
many times too, the salesmen (not too many sales ladies in my day) would take home cars/trucks if they needed a ride..

can't imagine too many wanting to drive that truck home...and park it in the driveway.....:ROFLMAO:

Back