testtest

Form letter from Mark Warner

Recusant

Hellcat
Here's the response from one of Virginia's U.S. Senators. Both are liberal Democrats who are dead set on infringing on our 2nd Amendment rights. Of interest is what's on his to do list.

Dear Mr. Recusant,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the epidemic of gun violence in our nation. I appreciate your views on this important issue.

As a gun owner and long-time supporter of the right of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms, I recognize that this issue is sensitive to many Virginians. But, after decades of violence and mass shootings, we owe it to the victims and their families to work together and make our communities safer. This need could not be more urgent.

That’s why I was proud to vote for the passage of the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act, which was signed into law by President Biden on June 25, 2022. This marks the first time in nearly 30 years that Congress has passed substantive and commonsense bipartisan gun safety legislation -- a meaningful step forward that will save lives.

Among many provisions, the new law will close the “boyfriend loophole” by strengthening safeguards for victims of domestic violence, expand background checks for those under 21, boost mental health resources, and incentivize states to implement their own Extreme Risk Protection Orders to remove firearms from individuals who pose a high risk of harming themselves and others.

But the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act is just a start. More needs to be done. That’s why, on April 15, 2021, I joined Senator Kaine in introducing the Virginia Plan to Reduce Gun Violence Act. The bill would enact a series of commonsense gun violence prevention measures, like those adopted by the Commonwealth in 2020, including measures to close background check loopholes, mandate reporting of lost and stolen firearms, prevent children from accessing firearms, and implement a one-handgun-a-month policy.

I am also a cosponsor of the Assault Weapons Ban, which would ban the sale, transfer, manufacture, and importation of military-style assault weapons and high capacity ammunition magazines. I wrote about my decision to support this policy in a Washington Post op-ed. To read the op-ed visit: https://beta.washingtonpost.com/opinions/i-voted-against-an-assault-weapons-ban-heres-why-i-changed-my-mind/2018/10/01/3bfa76a0-c594-11e8-9b1c-a90f1daae309_story.html?noredirect=on.

We must also strengthen our background check system. That is why I am cosponsoring the Background Check Expansion Act. The bill would expand federal background checks to include the sale or transfer of all firearms by private sellers, with certain commonsense exceptions like gift-giving between family members.

You may be assured that I stand ready to work with my colleagues from both sides of the aisle to continue to address this critical issue.

Sincerely,
MARK R. WARNER
United States Senator

Utterly disgusting….
I assume this form letter was in response to one you sent his office?

Starts off calling himself a longtime supporter of 2A for law abiding citizens, etc etc, then promptly moves into how he plans to help dismantle 2A and what he’s already done… Plainly, he has done no research on “gun violence” and has [willingly] been swept up in the mass media GC frenzy.

There is but one solution, and it resides in the voting booth. No amount of letters or logic can correct his sort of thinking.

How to get those votes? Get more gun owners. How to do that? Expand interest in shooting sports, and expand awareness of the [increasing?] dangers out there.

Note: I do not advocate more day-to-day violence. But I believe the more average folk are prepared to deal with threats themselves, the higher the risk becomes for the perpetrators. And the higher that risk goes, the fewer will take those risks on….

***break, break***

Want less violence in America? You must either reduce the number of perpetrators of violence or the number of potential victims. “Leaders” like Warner are incapable of doing anything about criminals, therefore the only viable choice is the latter. Leave the law-abiding fully armed and the ‘violent crime’ problem will settle itself.

Last edited:
No confidence in these buffoons that side with tyrannical dems. Not an ounce of commonsense, Warren like the rest have completely ignored the roots of violence.

“Virginia Plan to Reduce Gun Violence Act. The bill would enact a series of commonsense gun violence prevention measures, like those adopted by the Commonwealth in 2020, including measures to close background check loopholes, mandate reporting of lost and stolen firearms, prevent children from accessing firearms, and implement a one-handgun-a-month policy.”

– Ok. No mention of penalties for gang banging thugs carrying firearms that used background check loopholes. What kind of moron knowingly fails to report lost/stolen firearms? How do you prevent children accessing firearms when the household adult is a moron that likely is not the best if the best at parenting, allowing children to roam the streets in packs after dark? One gun a month, that’ll do wonders for violent crime.
And what happens if there’s no results…no reduction in violence? They'll enact even stricter laws upon the law abiding - guaranteed.

In Illinois, they’ve passed the Safe-T-Act which in Jan 2023 will free thousands of felons when they end Bail which will be retroactive. No cash bail and immediate release for many newly minted and prior felons charged with murder, robbery, burglary, serious assault to name a few.
No more chases either. Crazed active shooter running away school/church/mall with a firearm - No Chase if he is identified (they’ll get a warrant for him later). Someone enters grandma’s house in the middle of the night…they‘ll get a citation Notice to appear - no physical arrest.
Virginit may have its share of nitwits in the legislature, but it’s going to be a lot worst in IL, CA, NY, NJ…who did I forget … when similar bullsh- laws spread out.

All these measures simply lay the onus and the watchful eye on the Law Abiding and leave the criminal unscathed and hardly bothered. The LGS, the FFL, the collectors to the sporting enthusiasts.

Senator Warner and Senator Kane are impossible to vote out. The rural areas of VA can't match the number of voters in Northern Va or the Richmond and tide water area. We are still trying to repeal some of the laws that were passed in 2020 when both state houses were Democratic, but because we don't control the Senate things are at a standstill. Hopefully that will change in 2 years. Several Democrates claim they are going to introduce a semi-auto ban when the General Assembly meets in January. They are dead set on making law-abiding citizens into criminals.

The phrase "I was proud to vote for..." should tell you exactly how this "patriot" regards your rights and his opinion of the Constitution. It's a sad state of our society when the political elites view themselves the arbiter of rights. Worse yet, they have embraced the nefarious belief that rights are granted by government to those they approve of.

The solution is to kick the bums out. Not an easy task given the ignorance of the typical voter, but thankfully we have a train wreck in the White House. Make sure to tie all the problems people see to the president and those members of his party to all who will listen.

Record gas prices? Democrats fault. Extreme inflation? Democrats fault. Economic recession? Democrats fault. Point out to your friends and neighbors that the pain they are experiencing is the fault of the current administration. A vote for anyone with a "D" by their name will give them the ability to continue their destructive policies.

Ask them if they are better off now than they were. Explain to them that voting for a Democrat is a vote to continue and expand the pain they are feeling. Let them know that the economic problems we see now are intentional, and the plan is to make your situation worse.

We are concerned about the assault on our rights and our Constitution. The average, uninformed voter, not so much. Make this coming election about how the Democrats have screwed them, and help them understand that unless we get rid of the Democrat sycophants it will get worse.

To many, arguments over rights are esoteric. Keep it simple to persuade the simple. Or as Bill Clinton once said, "It's the economy, stupid." (And that worked when it wasn't nearly as bad as it is now.)

This is a picture from the VCDL webpage. It was taken at the 2020 rally at the state capitol. All those folks inside the chain link fence had to go through a metal detector to get on capitol grounds because the Dems had banned carrying firearms there. All toll, there were at least 30 thousand people at this event from all over the country. It scared the Dems so bad that their "Assault Weapons" ban failed even after all of the other anti-firearm had passed. We have not been able to hold another rally there for the last 2 years largely due to Covid, and the fact that the Dem admin would not allow it,. Hopefully having a Republican governor will work in our favor in January. The results of the mid-terms will determine if we can slow down the gun grab. Get involved and do your part to insure a November success.
1659747626354.png

"That’s why I was proud to vote for the passage of the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act, which was signed into law by President Biden on June 25, 2022. This marks the first time in nearly 30 years that Congress has passed substantive and commonsense bipartisan gun safety legislation -- a meaningful step forward that will save lives."

Should say-

That’s why I was proud to violate my oath of office to support and defend the Constitution of the United States....

Oath of Office

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

"That’s why I was proud to vote for the passage of the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act, which was signed into law by President Biden on June 25, 2022. This marks the first time in nearly 30 years that Congress has passed substantive and commonsense bipartisan gun safety legislation -- a meaningful step forward that will save lives."

Should say-

That’s why I was proud to violate my oath of office to support and defend the Constitution of the United States....

Oath of Office

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.
Therefore, any sitting President who signs into law any legislation that effectively disarms* the population, has violated said oath of office. Hypothetical ques: Does that rise to the level of ground for impeachment?

note to Mods: asking this strictly as an academic or Poli Sci class ques.

* gotta be realistic here: age requirements, mental health parameters, background checks etc - even mag capacities - do not “disarm the population” in and of themselves…unless & until the changes are so sweeping as to have that cumulative effect…but make no mistake, that is what the left wants.

Therefore, any sitting President who signs into law any legislation that effectively disarms* the population, has violated said oath of office. Hypothetical ques: Does that rise to the level of ground for impeachment?

note to Mods: asking this strictly as an academic or Poli Sci class ques.

* gotta be realistic here: age requirements, mental health parameters, background checks etc - even mag capacities - do not “disarm the population” in and of themselves…unless & until the changes are so sweeping as to have that cumulative effect…but make no mistake, that is what the left wants.

Yes, it’s a first step attempt to disarm.
Key word: Commonsense, often repeated by the babbling Democrats when it comes to firearms (they use the words, but they don’t know what they mean).

This law is far from commonsense because the points Warren agreed all fall under the basic commonsense of the firearm holder/owner which many, if not 99.9% of them follow.
The BSCA law is frivolous and weak response. It will have Zero affect on gun violence. If an FFL circumvents the 4473 shame on them. If home owner can’t use commonsense to secure his hardware and prevent kids access or prevent thefts, shame on them, but how and if it leads to gun violence is not everyday occurrence or for that matter measured, and still likely negligence that is far from criminal activity.

The Bipartisan Safer Communities Act is all appeasing political fluff and meaningless up to the point where they are allowed to use it as a foundation to eventually abolish the 2A.
Scare the little guy is a ploy. Get the gun grab minority be the bully for the Congress to get them to say they’re ’Doing Something’.

Believe it or not; the Fed will not anytime soon prosecute every instance of violations of the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act. They have neither the time or resources, investigatory or judicial. Most and that will be 99% will be settled at the local jurisdiction. Settle = Plea down.
Fun Fact: Chicago Fed Northern district court had postponed a criminal case against a major elected official (there are many coming up) until 2023 because of another case that is/has been ongoing with a Chicago based hip-hop muse. Both of these cases started with indictments in early 2019.

As noted in my earlier comment, take a look at all what wrong with the Illinois Safe-T-Act and the upcoming measures that will go into effect Jan 2023. The corrupt governor here called the Safe-T-Act is a commonsense law to curb gun violence here.

The violation of the oath of office should be considered an impeachable offense. Furthermore, an oath taken under false pretense (i.e., one planning to violate the terms of said oath) should be an impeachable offense. These are definitely valid arguments.

The problem is that for most voters they are non-starters. These aren't the sort of issues they will consider when casting their vote. Far too many swallow the lie foisted upon them by the commercial media. That is: a "D" by the candidate's name = good guy looking out for the little guy; "R" = bad guy protecting the rich guys (also an evil Trump supporter).

As long as we continue to allow  them to frame the differences this way, the candidates with a "D" by their name will continue to get a free pass. To stop this assault on our constitutional republic we need to cut down the number of people in power who have a "D" by their name. The way to accomplish this is to make sure that people understand that it is those in power with a "D" by their name that are creating the problems they care about.

We need to focus on the issues that average voters care about. First and foremost at this time is the economic crisis facing this country. When we get people to understand that this crisis is the result of the policies of those in power who have a "D" by their name, we can begin to cull this unholy herd.

This doesn't mean that everyone with an "R" by their name is inherently better. In fact, I don't have a whole lot of confidence in them, either. My point is that we need to get as many of these anti-constitutionalists out of office as possible. Some are certainly entrenched, but others are far less so. While people like Warner may be difficult to vote out, we can usher out others.

Reading this thread, it seems obvious that members here are far more observant and thoughtful than many in the general public. If we are willing to dumb down our arguments to appeal to the uninformed among us, we can begin the process of righting this ship and fixing our nation. The first step is getting as many of these anti-constitutionalists out of power as possible.

The violation of the oath of office should be considered an impeachable offense. Furthermore, an oath taken under false pretense (i.e., one planning to violate the terms of said oath) should be an impeachable offense. These are definitely valid arguments.

The problem is that for most voters they are non-starters. These aren't the sort of issues they will consider when casting their vote. Far too many swallow the lie foisted upon them by the commercial media. That is: a "D" by the candidate's name = good guy looking out for the little guy; "R" = bad guy protecting the rich guys (also an evil Trump supporter).

As long as we continue to allow  them to frame the differences this way, the candidates with a "D" by their name will continue to get a free pass. To stop this assault on our constitutional republic we need to cut down the number of people in power who have a "D" by their name. The way to accomplish this is to make sure that people understand that it is those in power with a "D" by their name that are creating the problems they care about.

We need to focus on the issues that average voters care about. First and foremost at this time is the economic crisis facing this country. When we get people to understand that this crisis is the result of the policies of those in power who have a "D" by their name, we can begin to cull this unholy herd.

This doesn't mean that everyone with an "R" by their name is inherently better. In fact, I don't have a whole lot of confidence in them, either. My point is that we need to get as many of these anti-constitutionalists out of office as possible. Some are certainly entrenched, but others are far less so. While people like Warner may be difficult to vote out, we can usher out others.

Reading this thread, it seems obvious that members here are far more observant and thoughtful than many in the general public. If we are willing to dumb down our arguments to appeal to the uninformed among us, we can begin the process of righting this ship and fixing our nation. The first step is getting as many of these anti-constitutionalists out of power as possible.

I believe some desperate elected members of Congress (D) were recently decrying about ”oaths” being violated when other Members didn’t agree with furthering their agenda, wanting them to be impeached, charged and ousted even detesting the recent highest court decisions. This application of dereliction of oaths proclamation includes just about every aspect of the un-select committee January sham, froth with circumvention of attorney privilege and basically biased hearsay.

Back