testtest

Forum Analysis

C. Sumpin

Custom
I find it interesting to compare the views/responses to the various topics.

It says much about where the buying public (and individuals) interests are at on many issues.

No doubt SA has a refined version of this for marketing/research purposes.

And I'm wondering who else is consuming/mining/profiling/using this information?

It says much about where the buying public (and individuals) interests are at on many issues.

And I'm wondering who else is consuming/mining/profiling/using this information?

On this particular forum ? Pretty much anyone who wants to. Everything here is searchable via Google or any other search engine.

when ever i need to know something, i google it. low and behold so many times, many of the various message boards are listed in the finding.

so i'd venture to guess, just about anyone....even whatever department of law enforcement, Washington, DC, gun rights groups, anti-gun groups, maybe even terrorist organizations.

i cannot say anything is absolutely private or hidden from a search of some sort.

i think one should be VERY careful with what he/she says, as to not be targeted by anyone in particular?

when ever i need to know something, i google it. low and behold so many times, many of the various message boards are listed in the finding.

so i'd venture to guess, just about anyone....even whatever department of law enforcement, Washington, DC, gun rights groups, anti-gun groups, maybe even terrorist organizations.

i cannot say anything is absolutely private or hidden from a search of some sort.

i think one should be VERY careful with what he/she says, as to not be targeted by anyone in particular?
I don't Google, Walmart or Amazon anything. It is a given that there are no secrets. See previous posts.

And your warning is a near perfect example of self censorship and the effectiveness of the Left/Cancel/Correctness war on the 1st A. IMO. And don't take It personal Old, cuz so many folks make the same error; trusting Googy and other manipulated sources for information.

Are you referring to the users here or what other companies are mining this information?
Unless it is to sell you something like google or Amazon does in their focused marketing attempts, I don't think the
companies pay a dammed bit of attention to the reviews.
I frequently check out items other members post. Grease, guns, parts, lights, I personally trust the reviews I get here
over reviews on websites. I dont ignore other reviews, I just put more stock in what actual people say. For $100 gift
card people will change their reviews on Amazon.

Are you referring to the users here or what other companies are mining this information?
Unless it is to sell you something like google or Amazon does in their focused marketing attempts, I don't think the
companies pay a dammed bit of attention to the reviews.
I frequently check out items other members post. Grease, guns, parts, lights, I personally trust the reviews I get here
over reviews on websites. I dont ignore other reviews, I just put more stock in what actual people say. For $100 gift
card people will change their reviews on Amazon.
Don't you suppose that SA uses forum information to research/develop products?

And LE/government agencies monitor for interest/leads?

And political campaigns/interest/agendas monitor for which way the wind is blowing?

And sellers of numerous products to identify potential customers/marketing?

And other interested parties I've not even thought of?

Since information = $$ (or votes) to many folks; there's plenty of it here to mine.

Are any of the mods or founding members current/past SA employees/stockholders/financially interested?

Just ask'n.

Don't you suppose that SA uses forum information to research/develop products?
I sure hope they do.
And LE/government agencies monitor for interest/leads?
Yes
And political campaigns/interest/agendas monitor for which way the wind is blowing?
No
And sellers of numerous products to identify potential customers/marketing?
Probably
And other interested parties I've not even thought of?
For certain, I am hesitant to make some statements, though it may not appear that way..
Since information = $$ (or votes) to many folks; there's plenty of it here to mine.
agreed

Not to come off being a smart azz, does it really matter, once you post anything on the net, it’s always there, you have no control or say who views/reposts it, that’s why it’s best to make sure what you post is actually what you want to say, you can’t take it back once you post it, just saying, good topic though @C. Sumpin

I don't Google, Walmart or Amazon anything. It is a given that there are no secrets. See previous posts.

And your warning is a near perfect example of self censorship and the effectiveness of the Left/Cancel/Correctness war on the 1st A. IMO. And don't take It personal Old, cuz so many folks make the same error; trusting Googy and other manipulated sources for information.
so then, any other search engine is safe?

how does one search for something on the web if he (or she) needs information?

are you that naive to think, that if some one here or anyplace else, provides you with a link to a site, that you are free and clear of being tracked, or culled by BOTS on that site you are looking at?

are you that naive to think, this very website we are on now, is 1000% safe from web BOTS, or tracking?

are you that naive to think that your very own internet provider doesn't have your searches, your favorite websites stored on file?

don't take it personally @C. Sumpin , but your naivety shows up in spades.

are you that naive to think, that if some one here or anyplace else, provides you with a link to a site, that you are free and clear of being tracked, or culled by BOTS on that site you are looking at?

are you that naive to think, this very website we are on now, is 1000% safe from web BOTS, or tracking?

are you that naive to think that your very own internet provider doesn't have your searches, your favorite websites stored on file?

You have not been reading my posts on other topics, or, you did take it personal.

Oh no they gained awareness, I will have to run this up the chain immediately.

To honestly answer your questions

No one made any member join this forum. (At least I hope not).
No one is making or begging you to stay. You are free to come and go as you please.
I have begged people to watch what you say on this forum because it is open and others outside the forum can see it.

@KLGunner @OkiePewPew and my self do not work for Springfield. In fact SA wanted people that purposely did not work for SA that were the main mods. There would be an element of separation and a differing view point than that directly from SA. MikeH does work for SA and he is our “handler” (sounds cooler than it really is). Mike is also the SA media relations Manager. SA is not his first rodeo he‘s done some cool stuff in the firearms industry media relations dept.

Does SA monitor this forum? Sure they do, they would be stupid not to. This forum has their name on it and one reason we keep it pg13. They give us guidance but keep it relatively hands off for the most part. Think about it they let you yahoos talk about lesser guns like glocks and sigs. What other manufacture owned forum would do that?

Does SA get ideas from the forum? Probably not hate to break it to you. I have had a close relationship with SA for over 20 yrs. I have plenty of close personal friends that have come and gone through SA. Any idea you can think of they have already thought about it. Like Apple they have ideas/prototypes/engenerring going on years and years in advance. As I have been told, basically any idea you can think of has been put on a list, discussed And may or may not be in the pipeline.

Financially interested, SA is a family owned company if your last name is not Reese then you don’t own SA. Sure SA uses this forum to push new product/articles etc it’s the Armory life duhhh. But notice that they do not have a bunch of advertising. I would say I am financially interested, I’m the XDMAN I basically have made a living off mooching off SA. If no SA or XD’s there goes my business.

political campaigns/interest/agendas monitor for which way the wind is blowing? Are you freaking kidding me…….how many times do we have to tell/beg/cancel posts/lock posts and tell all of you yahoos to stay away from politics. Let me guess the new conspiracy is that by making it super hard to talk politics….. we actually are getting all of your political views. We are sneaky.

And sellers of numerous products to identify potential customers/marketing? We do not allow advertising and just like a recent new member once we found out he was in the industry we made him add that fact to his signature. that way you can take what he or she says with a grain of salt. Thats why I list it on my bio as well. As far as farming for customers if someone was outright advertising…..we would hope we would get an alert from the forum members Like we have in the past.

Leo tracking and info? Again how many times have we (mods) told you watch what you say. this is an open forum that basically anyone can join. Always post as if it would get back to your mamma. Have some freaking opsec.

Any other questions?

Last edited:
Oh no they gained awareness, I will have to run this up the chain immediately.

To honestly answer your questions

No one made any member join this forum. (At least I hope not).
No one is making or begging you to stay. You are free to come and go as you please.
I have begged people to watch what you say on this forum because it is open and others outside the forum can see it.

@KLGunner @OkiePewPew and my self do not work for Springfield. In fact SA wanted people that purposely did not work for SA that were the main mods. There would be an element of separation and a differing view point than that directly from SA. MikeH does work for SA and he is our “handler” (sounds cooler than it really is). Mike is also the SA media relations Manager. SA is not his first rodeo he‘s done some cool stuff in the firearms industry media relations dept.

Does SA monitor this forum? Sure they do, they would be stupid not to. This forum has their name on it and one reason we keep it pg13. They give us guidance but keep it relatively hands off for the most part. Think about it they let you yahoos talk about lesser guns like glocks and sigs. What other manufacture owned forum would do that?

Does SA get ideas from the forum? Probably not hate to break it to you. I have had a close relationship with SA for over 20 yrs. I have plenty of close personal friends that have come and gone through SA. Any idea you can think of they have already thought about it. Like Apple they have ideas/prototypes/engenerring going on years and years in advance. As I have been told, basically any idea you can think of has been put on a list, discussed And may or may not be in the pipeline.

Financially interested, SA is a family owned company if your last name is not Reese then you don’t own SA. Sure SA uses this forum to push new product/articles etc it’s the Armory life duhhh. But notice that they do not have a bunch of advertising. I would say I am financially interested, I’m the XDMAN I basically have made a living off mooching off SA. If no SA or XD’s there goes my business.

political campaigns/interest/agendas monitor for which way the wind is blowing? Are you freaking kidding me…….how many times do we have to tell/beg/cancel posts/lock posts and tell all of you yahoos to stay away from politics. Let me guess the new conspiracy is that by making it super hard to talk politics….. we actually are getting all of your political views. We are sneaky.

And sellers of numerous products to identify potential customers/marketing? We do not allow advertising and just like a recent new member once we found out he was in the industry we made him add that fact to his signature. that way you can take what he or she says with a grain of salt. Thats why I list it on my bio as well. As far as farming for customers if someone was outright advertising…..we would hope we would get an alert from the forum members Like we have in the past.

Leo tracking and info? Again how many times have we (mods) told you watch what you say. this is an open forum that basically anyone can join. Always post as if it would get back to your mamma. Have some freaking opsec.

Any other questions?
Yes, I always have other questions. And you assumed some questions I did not ask. Thank You.

“No one made any member join this forum. (At least I hope not).

No one is making or begging you to stay. You are free to come and go as you please.”
Not related to anything in my post; sounds like an invitation.

“Does SA get ideas from the forum?”Does SA monitor this forum? Sure they do,” Those were my statements you made questions of.

“you yahoos” Is how you relate to forum members?

Any idea you can think of they have already thought about it.” Hmmmm……nothing fresh, innovative/creative from the entire group of forum members? I doubt it.

“I’m the XDMAN I basically have made a living off mooching off SA. If no SA or XD’s there goes my business.”
But you do remain objective/unbiased.

And it may not be you or SA interested in the members political views but I guarantee you everyone else is.

“No doubt SA has a refined version of this for marketing/research purposes”. This, in my post, is what I meant; SA uses the info for such, but all the others you listed do as well; getting the pulse of the market, not advertising their product on the forum.

Again, thanks to SA for a place of interesting exchanges.

Back