testtest

Four Reasons to Never Carry a .38 Snubnose

Depends on who's at the trigger. I've seen Dan Mathews handle easily what most snipers would be challenged to tackle. He did it all with his little ole snub nose.

HostageCopter12.jpg
OIPZCBD5OF6.jpg

I do agree with the article for new or someone that hasn't shoot a lot. My grilfriend was trying to shoot her Charter Arms 38spl. and had a hard time with the sights. Had a hard time even hitting the target and it wasn't very far away some were around 20 feet. I gave her a xds 9mm and she did hit the target not great but hit mostly center mass.

I do agree with the article for new or someone that hasn't shoot a lot. My grilfriend was trying to shoot her Charter Arms 38spl. and had a hard time with the sights. Had a hard time even hitting the target and it wasn't very far away some were around 20 feet. I gave her a xds 9mm and she did hit the target not great but hit mostly center mass.
I start a new shooter out at 6'..... let them have a feeling of accomplishment to begin with. Then, push the target out 3'
at a time until 21' is reached. Then they'll shoot 36' and 45'. Once they can handle that they are ready for the CWP
course..... worked well on both granddaughters.
Dang, I remember watching that show as a [very] young kid. (The show ran '55-'59).
Runs on METV.... early morning......

I’ve had good luck with newer shooters looking for carry guns when I show them a J-frame.

Start with a 43C in .22; when that goes well, move up to a 3” 36 shooting lightly loaded wad cutters. When that goes well, try a 642 with a full grip, shooting standard velocity loads.

Oh—I never tell them that a snub is “an expert’s gun”, either.

As for bullet performance...well, there are some loads that perform decently. I prefer the FBI Load 158gr+P LSWC-HP, mostly. It gets proper penetration, and if it doesn’t expand, it still cuts a good size channel due to the sharp shoulder. It also shoots to POA out of steel frame models.

"
I carried the MDL 19 & Mdl 66 S&W 357 MAGNUM in a 2 1/2 " Snubnose and back in the day it was loaded with the Federal 125 grain JHP 357mag and I carried 4-speed loaders of that same ammo. I would never go back to the old revolver now.I am spoiled by the Springfield Armory line of semiautomatic pistols .🔫🇺🇸💯%

Back