testtest

FPC Statement on President Biden’s Renewed Promise of Gun Control

I absolutely agree with the essence of the FPC statement. I do think it is a bit too long for anyone other than 2nd Amendment supporters to read all the way through. I personally feel that saying too much gives your opponents unnecessary opportunities to pick your statement apart or take portions out of context to discredit you. I would very much like to see organizations like the FPC respond to unconstitutional proposals with a statement similar to the following:

"A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed" (U.S. Const. amend II). See also McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 742 (2010); District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008).

Although Joe Biden is a notoriously bad lawyer, even he should be able to locate these sources. Maybe one day he will actually read them. It becomes significantly more difficult to paint your opposition as crazy extremists when they directly quote the controlling law on the subject.

I absolutely agree with the essence of the FPC statement. I do think it is a bit too long for anyone other than 2nd Amendment supporters to read all the way through. I personally feel that saying too much gives your opponents unnecessary opportunities to pick your statement apart or take portions out of context to discredit you. I would very much like to see organizations like the FPC respond to unconstitutional proposals with a statement similar to the following:

"A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed" (U.S. Const. amend II). See also McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 742 (2010); District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008).

Although Joe Biden is a notoriously bad lawyer, even he should be able to locate these sources. Maybe one day he will actually read them. It becomes significantly more difficult to paint your opposition as crazy extremists when they directly quote the controlling law on the subject.
He or his aids may read them.
But, actual comprehension seems to be in short supply with some people concerning and reading 2nd Amendment?

Back