testtest

"Fresh Talon Grips"

Spent an hour yesterday swapping new for old original Talon grips on my carry XD-S and two other pistols. I've grown to dislike the waffle style XD-S grip. What an improvement!
Never a fan of the waffles. I'm ok with the grips on the Mod 2.

I am considering some Talon grips for the Masada S. Never tried them before. I don't have a rational reason, I just think they look kinda cool. It will be carried appendix though and I don't want anything abrasive rubbing on my stomach.

Never a fan of the waffles. I'm ok with the grips on the Mod 2.

I am considering some Talon grips for the Masada S. Never tried them before. I don't have a rational reason, I just think they look kinda cool. It will be carried appendix though and I don't want anything abrasive rubbing on my stomach.
Agreed. I would suggest trying the original, rubbery material, and using a heat gun for a much better, faster adhesion.

Here you are, Old You. This is the best photo I could muster, under my current circumstances.

Attachments

• 20240116_101026.jpg
    20240116_101026.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 45
It took a bit of getting used to but, I have come to love the Talon grip on my XD. I took some fine grain sandpaper to the handle to reduce the abrasive drag on my shirts when carrying appendix.

I put the Talon Black Rubber Grips on my Shield 9, more to add girth for my XL hands than anything else. Also put them on the 3 8 round mags for the Shield for uniform look. +1 on using the hair dryer to cure the adhesive. Didn't need them on my Hellcat with the 15 round mags or my new Sig P365 380 with the 12 round mags. I did 5 rounds with the hair dryer, pressing the Talons into position then, a cooling period each time. Almost 9 years later, they still look as good as when they were first applied with no loose ends anywhere.

Can you expound on this?
Screenshot_20240117_010359_Samsung Internet.jpg
You apply a base coat of epoxy or JB Weld(as a binder) and then apply silicon carbide powder in the grit of your choice. A lot of competition shooters do this as it doesn't wear out, doesn't peel off and doesn't lose its grip.

Here is a pic of one of my competition Caniks with 60/90 grit.
20220105_162144.jpg

You can get the powder, in the grit of your choice off of Amazon. Hint: it is also used to polish rocks.

View attachment 50813You apply a base coat of epoxy or JB Weld(as a binder) and then apply silicon carbide powder in the grit of your choice. A lot of competition shooters do this as it doesn't wear out, doesn't peel off and doesn't lose its grip.

Here is a pic of one of my competition Caniks with 60/90 grit.View attachment 50812

You can get the powder, in the grit of your choice off of Amazon. Hint: it is also used to polish rocks.
Thank you!

Silicon carbide method is interesting, indeed! However, rest assured, as others have also witnessed, when applied correctly, Talon wraps can/will last years. If for whatever reason one is unsatisfied, peal it off and clean the grip with a little isopropyl alcohol.

Back