testtest

Friday range day…

I went to the range this morning, but I didn't shoot. I sunk 6 pipes in the ground in concrete at 25 and 50 yards off the line. Whoever was taking care of this range and it's target apparati before I got there could have cared a little more about what he was doing, just sayin'.

Thought about shooting the VP9 since I just put a new slide on it, but figured I'd wait until I get the 507C for it.

Hi,

75 rounds
30 minutes
10 yards
All from holster draw
2 chest 1 head
View attachment 42459
Black dots were warm up rounds from low ready

Nice! Excellent defensive shooting.

I'm qualified to draw from holster at my ranges but it's been a while. Someone has been harping on me about my accuracy. 🤪

I'm planning a range trip on Friday. Maybe I'll split the difference this time and start with a couple of timed accuracy drills and end with pure fundamental slow fire bullseye practice.

Hey @KillerFord1977, when you practice, is your session dedicated to one single firearm? Or do you bring two or three to shoot? In the past I would sometimes shoot four or five pistols but I'm starting to feel that's not efficient practice. My last few sessions I have limited it to one or two.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Hi,

I'm qualified to draw from holster at my ranges but it's been a while. Someone has been harping on me about my accuracy. 🤪

I'm planning a range trip on Friday. Maybe I'll split the difference this time and start with a couple of timed accuracy drills and end with pure fundamental slow fire bullseye practice.

Hey @KillerFord1977, when you practice, is your session dedicated to one single firearm? Or do you bring two or three to shoot? In the past I would sometimes shoot four or five pistols but I'm starting to feel that's not efficient practice. My last few sessions I have limited it to one or two.

BassCliff
One pistol
Master that then move on..
Stay with your SD pistol.
When I want to shoot all the rest, I just do normal slow fire accuracy and swap among pistols not feeling the love .
When I get serious about holster and SD, I just use one pistol that session.

Hi,

BassCliff
Who shows up with one gun? I feel guilty if I only bring three! I took my VP9, AP5-P and my FN545 and when I got home I apologized to my HK45 for leaving it in the safe. 😫

Seriously though, too many guns leads to trigger confusion. No matter how well I shoot my guns when I switch from gun to gun I have to recalibrate and invariably am crap for the first mag with the new gun. Or, I go back to what I was shooting first and find I have “gone off the boil” and now can’t hit diddly with it. Until you get really proficient with your guns work with the one you want to be good with, or feels best in your hand. Range time should be fun.

Range day today with my daughter before she heads back to college and @SimonRL joined us.

Great day ….
Daughter used the Sig 320Max…
7&10 yards
First 2 shots were dead bullseye… simon claims he taught her that 😉😜
Great day with family and friends

She hammered down on the 4” circles ..(zoom in on the target to her standing… top cirlce is her. 2 on the bull. Middle is simon.. I had not shot yet😳)
EDF1B04D-5F5C-4273-A319-AC8CD1593059.jpeg

D2C57DB3-51B9-42D0-8270-D1E4DF9743DF.jpeg

Hi @KillerFord1977,

Great stuff. You've coached your daughter very well. It's been a while since I've gone to the range with any of my daughters. I need to do the same. Soon, maybe I can take my grand daughters. ;)

BassCliff
Kids roll their eyes when parents give advice.
I’ll admit when I hit a roadblock, @SimonRL stepped in and coached her up.
You know, kids listen to everyone but their folks 🙂

Hi,

Kids roll their eyes when parents give advice.
I’ll admit when I hit a roadblock, @SimonRL stepped in and coached her up.
You know, kids listen to everyone but their folks 🙂

Indeed! Going through that with my youngest now. She's 24 and knows everything. Don't get me started. I love her to death. I'm just hoping and praying that she'll realize I get a lot smarter between now and when she's 35. ;) Blessings to you.

BassCliff

Back