testtest

FYI Apple Update

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
FYI, if you have an iPhone and install the new Rapid Security Response update, you may have to go and visit your carrier’s store and get a new SIM card, my phone started losing connection to my carrier, Apple support went through my phone and didn’t find any issues and suggested I go to my carrier’s store, I was #37 in line for this issue, update messed up your old SIM card, just giving iPhone users a heads up

FYI, if you have an iPhone and install the new Rapid Security Response update, you may have to go and visit your carrier’s store and get a new SIM card, my phone started losing connection to my carrier, Apple support went through my phone and didn’t find any issues and suggested I go to my carrier’s store, I was #37 in line for this issue, update messed up your old SIM card, just giving iPhone users a heads up
No issues so far.

which is why i am device challenged, and own an old fashion (yet 4G) flip phone.

My Samsung SE21 kept auto calling 911 after an update........I replied to the 911 peeps and said there's no emergency and my phone is doing it by itself..............make you wonder about auto-drive vehicles and what they'll do! The issue was wide spread and fixed after contacting Samsung. It's not the service provider, it's the manufacturer.

Android phone here, I had the guy working at the cell store tell me as your phone gets older, the updates are designed to mess up your phone so you need to upgrade. He said after 3 - 3 1/2 years don't do the upgrades.
Totally false I’ve had iPhones since the first one and one model I had for 5 years, worked fine after every update.
I currently have the 11 Pro Max on spectrum, no issues whatsoever. Switched over from att as their plans are outrageously and unnecessarily expensive I’ll be getting the 14 Pro Max this year and they no longer have removable SIM cards. They now use (eSims) and each phone has multiple eSims so you can have multiple carriers and numbers on a single phone for those that travel internationally a lot.

Last edited:
That’s what happens when the last time you bought a new iPhone Obama was President.
7BF83808-57A5-4A50-AB9D-15FC45C9636B.jpeg

I was with Apple support for over an hour, they did dialogistic test and my phone was ok, they suggested that I go to my Verizon store and see what they recommend and they did mention it may be my SIM card, like I said I was #37 in line to get mine fixed, mine is the Xr, not all IPhones may be affected, glad all those that didn't have issue. Was just giving a heads up.

I was with Apple support for over an hour, they did dialogistic test and my phone was ok, they suggested that I go to my Verizon store and see what they recommend and they did mention it may be my SIM card, like I said I was #37 in line to get mine fixed, mine is the Xr, not all IPhones may be affected, glad all those that didn't have issue. Was just giving a heads up.
I'll check with my kids as 2 of then have the xr also (at&t). Most of the time, if ever they do any of the updates. I had an lg last me 6 years until things went digital only or it would still be in use and back out of not being able to due to 4g requirements. They find ways to make you buy something newer, not necessarily new, but newish.

Back