testtest

FYI: Phishing emails

Mike H.

Editor, The Armory Life
Staff member
I wanted to reach out to the forum members and let you all know that one of our members received a phishing email about a purchase from Springfield Armory (see screen grab of the email). These are not legitimate emails, so please ignore any emails that are similar to the attached image.
phishing-email.png

I wanted to reach out to the forum members and let you all know that one of our members received a phishing email about a purchase from Springfield Armory (see screen grab of the email). These are not legitimate emails, so please ignore any emails that are similar to the attached image.
View attachment 8438
Thanks for the heads up @Mike H. , If this was a legitimate mistake instead of some scam, I might let the charge go through & see what currently tough To get SA Firearm I would receive. Let’s see 🤔, what SA firearm is in the price range of $551.78? 😄😆

View attachment 8438
After working for a company for many years that had DOD contracts opening phishing emails was a big issue, the most important thing, NEVER OPEN AN ATTACHMENT, even a PDF can contain a virus. And NEVER RESPOND BACK!!
Doing so gives the hackers a back door into your system and you are toast.

After working for a company for many years that had DOD contracts opening phishing emails was a big issue, the most important thing, NEVER OPEN AN ATTACHMENT, even a PDF can contain a virus. And NEVER RESPOND BACK!!
Doing so gives the hackers a back door into your system and you are toast.
Yup Keystone (y), big phishing scam now is sending an email with attachment looking like it came from the CDC, saying something like "here's a chart of Covid-19 in your area". If the person opens the attachment, malware is loaded onto their computer to steal personal info like financials and such. They can even place a 'Keylogger" program on your computer to record each keystroke you enter for passwords and other info they want to capture and steal. You're correct with your warning to watch for suspicious emails, attachments and website links.
Why just this morning, I received an email looking like it came from my bank, saying they lost some security info, and wanted me to use the link provided to login and enter this info. The wording in the description had several grammatical errors and phrases that didn't make total sense. Hovering over the login link, revealed it wasn't the banks URL, but some jumbled character that would direct the recipient to some similar looking bank page to capture any info one would enter. You got to be careful out there. 🕵️‍♀️🕵️‍♂️

As a rule, NEVER log into any account in a link provided in an email.

If you ever "wonder"...go - on your own! - to the business' website (bank, credit card, whatever) as you normally do by either using your own bookmark, or typing in www.enteryourbanknamehere.com, and proceed to login as you normally do. DO NOT click a link.

Thank you for the heads-up!

Yup Keystone (y), big phishing scam now is sending an email with attachment looking like it came from the CDC, saying something like "here's a chart of Covid-19 in your area". If the person opens the attachment, malware is loaded onto their computer to steal personal info like financials and such. They can even place a 'Keylogger" program on your computer to record each keystroke you enter for passwords and other info they want to capture and steal. You're correct with your warning to watch for suspicious emails, attachments and website links.
Why just this morning, I received an email looking like it came from my bank, saying they lost some security info, and wanted me to use the link provided to login and enter this info. The wording in the description had several grammatical errors and phrases that didn't make total sense. Hovering over the login link, revealed it wasn't the banks URL, but some jumbled character that would direct the recipient to some similar looking bank page to capture any info one would enter. You got to be careful out there. 🕵️‍♀️🕵️‍♂️
Good point and great catch. Also checking the URL is the key along with misspelled words.

The emails I get are all about the missed or uncollected assistance checks I haven’t picked up or accepted, if any of those were real I’d never have to work again. 😂

Might be fun to “mess” with them but be VERY careful, you DON’T want them getting into your phone or computer it would not be good.
I don't do it from a computer only a phone. I don't open a link, just text back too the number listed. No important info on my phone plus I don't even use a password too access it. My pc is a different story though. BTW, nice trailer! The 100k+ price tag for the other one would be a tough swallow?

I don't do it from a computer only a phone. I don't open a link, just text back too the number listed. No important info on my phone plus I don't even use a password too access it. My pc is a different story though. BTW, nice trailer! The 100k+ price tag for the other one would be a tough swallow?
Thank you. Airstreams are nice Travel Trailers and basically rated 4 season capable and I understand the double wall aluminum skin but yeah the price of some of them was outrageous. I looked at one model called the (Flying Cloud) it had everything you could want or need.
$174,500 unbelievable.

Back