testtest

Garrison Ejection

My Garrison .45 insists on throwing empty cases erratically - sometimes to the front, sometimes to 8 o'clock, sometimes to the center of my forehead. The extractor seems to be okay. I've read where a lighter recoil spring might help. What about filing a bit off the ejector? It looks awfully long compared to a Colt.

My Garrison .45 insists on throwing empty cases erratically - sometimes to the front, sometimes to 8 o'clock, sometimes to the center of my forehead. The extractor seems to be okay. I've read where a lighter recoil spring might help. What about filing a bit off the ejector? It looks awfully long compared to a Colt.
Length has nothing to do with your issue, and the recoil spring won’t either, to light of a spring may induce frame peaning, sounds to me the extractor may need adjusted, if you do any filing, you void the warranty, call Springfield up

Length has nothing to do with your issue, and the recoil spring won’t either, to light of a spring may induce frame peaning, sounds to me the extractor may need adjusted, if you do any filing, you void the warranty, call Springfield up
Hmm… Anni, I’ve heard that erratic casing ejection is an indicator of a need to replace your recoil spring.
As in, it’s run its course, time for a new one . Not quite the same as having ‘the wrong spring’ in there, I guess, but still….
(Agree that too light a spring = bad for the frame…)

Everyone above is correct Hoos - call Spgfld before you do any filing!

Hmm… Anni, I’ve heard that erratic casing ejection is an indicator of a need to replace your recoil spring.
As in, it’s run its course, time for a new one . Not quite the same as having ‘the wrong spring’ in there, I guess, but still….
(Agree that too light a spring = bad for the frame…)

Everyone above is correct Hoos - call Spgfld before you do any filing!
Yea, on an older spring, but since his is fairly new, I dismissed that, but yea, that can happen also, still think the extractor needs adjusted, basically the tension on it.

What about grip control or the lack of. Now as of the extractor issue I've had a bcg with a tight grip on cases that caused lack of ejection (never let go of it). Being a 1911 does the ejector use a spring or use a donut for extractor tension. Is it to tight of extractor and the ejector is a solid piece of metal that when the slide moves rearward comes in contact of this piece causing ejection? I don't own a 1911 anymore, over 36 years ago I sold my only 1.

Question! Do all 1911's operate (extract and eject) the same way when working properly? Just for comparison on how glock, sig (non 1911), s&w and sa (non 1911) with a fixed ejector or does/do it use a spring loaded pin like on AR's bcg (not necessarily in same place)?

Question! Do all 1911's operate (extract and eject) the same way when working properly? Just for comparison on how glock, sig (non 1911), s&w and sa (non 1911) with a fixed ejector or does/do it use a spring loaded pin like on AR's bcg (not necessarily in same place)?
1911’s have a fixed pinned in ejector, most 1911’s have the internal extractor, but Sig and S&W have spring loaded external extractors, yes, they do work the same basic way

Last edited:
There’s a rude joke in here somewhere but I’m going to show some restraint for once.
13833BDE-9ADF-4826-8BFC-AA746CE733E2.gif

Back