testtest

Gear taken to the Range

You should see when I take the 500 magnum to the indoor range.

60346833_1270260359798833_5231156835225960448_n.jpg

You should see when I take the 500 magnum to the indoor range.

View attachment 590
Awesome, one of the next handguns on my "buy next" list. Gun Store sales guy, recommended the 460 S&W due to its versatility in firing rounds 460 S&W, 454 Casull, 45 LC & 45 S&W Schofield. I told him that I already own a Ruger Super Redhawk 454 Casull that also can fire 45 LC, so the difference would be between firing 460 S&W Mag Vs. 500 S&W Mag. He relented and said if that is the case, go with the power of the 500 S&W Mag. (coming soon to a collection nearby :devilish:).

Awesome, one of the next handguns on my "buy next" list. Gun Store sales guy, recommended the 460 S&W due to its versatility in firing rounds 460 S&W, 454 Casull, 45 LC & 45 S&W Schofield. I told him that I already own a Ruger Super Redhawk 454 Casull that also can fire 45 LC, so the difference would be between firing 460 S&W Mag Vs. 500 S&W Mag. He relented and said if that is the case, go with the power of the 500 S&W Mag. (coming soon to a collection nearby :devilish:).
It sounds to me you are in a bit of quandary that should be resolved by giving both a new home. Are they not deserving? Of course they are!! :ROFLMAO:

Problem I'd have is nobody would notice with all the rifle fire going on at our range.
Problem I'd have is nobody would notice with all the rifle fire going on at our range.
Yeah, this indoor range allows rifle calibers up to 30-06. We were shooting on their smaller range. Their tactical range (25 yards), is where most would want to go to fire rifles. To me, I want to fire my rifles at greater distances than that, so I go to my gun club that has ranges out 200 yards. I'd like to go farther, but that's the longest distance around by me anyways. I'd like to get some land and make my own range. Maybe one day in the future. 😕

You know me too well SMSgtRod!! :LOL:. That's exactly what I was thinking, but didn't want to let him know that. But he knows me well enough too, so he already knows he'll reel me in for both at some point 😉
Well, not really know you.... it's just in the short time I've been hanging around this forum I have found a whole bunch of us were pretty much created by the same cookie cutter. The only restraints we have are wallets and wives.

Last edited:
View attachment 593View attachment 596
If I'm taking rifles the Midway bag goes along also with rifle items. Rifles would be 2-3. Frames and plates, Folding Table with 2 umbrellas for the hot days.
If you do get a 500 mag, I suggest reloading. I can do 700gr bullets for about 25 cents a round.

View attachment 597
Since moving here I don't have outdoor spot.... would be nice.... make a picnic of it.... albeit, a noisy one.;)

The 500 has been on my list for a long time. Wonderful to shoot, but crazy fun to reload. 👍

If you do get a 500 mag, I suggest reloading. I can do 700gr bullets for about 25 cents a round.

View attachment 597
Yup tactical-Reviews, I mentioned that on SMSgtRod's Beginners Reloading thread post. Some of my collection (50 Beowulf, 458 Socom, 6.5 Grendel, 6.8 Spc, 450 Bushmaster, 50AE, 454 Casull, 338 Lapua, etc.) has some rounds that are somewhat pricey. I'd like to take a reloading course, get some equipment and start reloading my own. It looks to be a great relaxing hobby to boot & since I'm retired I have the time (when I'm not pontificating on here that is :unsure:).

Back