testtest

Gear-up bag Bait and Switch?

The folio was a joke, they probably would have sent them out and they did some, but got lots of complaint calls, me for one. she ask if an extra mag would do and i said yes maam. The range bag was ok, i got one that came with a 10mm. BUT, the ones on amazon are much better for 20 bucks. After i knew i was going to get an extra mag instead of the range bag i ordered three off of Amazon and they are nicer than the SA bag by a long shot. either way you can buy all that stuff cheaper somewhere else other than SA, EXCEPT for the mag and i was very happy to get an extra one. as i said in another thread, 18 free mags is awesome.

I have the actual bag, not folio, from a gear up several years ago. Nice but not worth $35. I can get a full size range bag for not much more. For me, the extra mag was a bonus. I would take that any day!!šŸ„³
I believe 95% if not more people would rather have the mag instead. The bag is a basic made in China range bag with the Springfield Armorys logo on it. You can order the same thing on Ebay or Amazon for less.

I am sure if he puts his mag up for trade on firearm forums, someone will be glad to take him up on his offer.

To be fair, they didn't do you wrong. They communicated the fact that they reserved the right to swap out for items of equal costs and value. They ran out of bags, but still honored their package deal.

Many people including me would rather have the extra mag vs a bag anyway. This is further proof that you can't please everybody all of the time. No matter how they handled the situation of running out of product, there was going to be someone unhappy.
I get that, things run out so be it. Actually no one actually communicated the right to swap etc. It was just advertised that you get x, if you buy this product from us. Yeah, it does look not so great, if they were going to advertise it, they should have properly prepared to be able to back it up.

if they were going to advertise it, they should have properly prepared to be able to back it up.
Like i mentioned before, i think they sold way more guns than they thought. with all the talk of banning semi's people went nuts buying guns. I would have bought their XDM elite even without the promo, but probably not 5 of them. i really like the Elite XDM.

I get that, things run out so be it. Actually no one actually communicated the right to swap etc. It was just advertised that you get x, if you buy this product from us. Yeah, it does look not so great, if they were going to advertise it, they should have properly prepared to be able to back it up.
It's right there on their rebate page on their website. It's on the same page you had to go to when you submitted your rebate as well.

It happens. They believed they had enough, but their supplier ran out. They gave you an extra mag that's worth more than the bag IMHO, and they gave you a 15% off coupon. They are loosing money on the deal because I guarantee you that it cost them more to give away extra mags vs a made in China nylon bag (not to mention the 15% off coupon).

Screenshot_20221213-214121_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I received my "Gear Up" package from FedEx 2 days ago. The last week of September is when I purchased my HC OSP in fde and I sent the request to SA. They stated between 8 and 12 weeks to receive so they met their eta for delivery.

There was no range bag In the package. Just a small box with 4 mags. 1 13 rnd and 3 15 rounders and a note telling me they sent an extra 15 rounder to make up for the missing range bag due to supply chain issues. I was happy to get the mag instead of the range bag. I also got the 15% offer which I am using to get a few extra mags.

SA ships paid orders quickly. I ordered a few mags and they got them to me in less than a week. Very good service and I am pleased with SA and my HC's.

My 1st HC osp micro came with a magazine and folio bag deal and I received these at time of purchase from the local gun shop. I 15 rnd in the weapon and 2 more in the bag. Later I grabbed a Pro at another shop and they had the gear up package come with the weapon. My regular gun shop did not have the gear up deal nor did they even know about
it.

The distributor for that shop is Liskys so I expect the present gear up incentives are only offered on SA weapons that go thru that distributor. The deal they had, made me purchase an extra pro for backup. The Pro and Micro HC's are still available with the gear up incentives at the right point of purchase. The HC's wuth the incentive come with the single pistol bag in a regular sized HC box which is inside a bigger box which holds the whole package.

If it helps Buds still has HC micros and Pros that come with the gear up.
Here is a link for a fde HC for your convenience.

I love my HC's for EDC. This deal makes them even sweeter.
šŸ‘
And btw, some of these gear up packages come with the viridian green laser in the package. These run another 50 bucks for the green laser which is pretty sweet. šŸ‘

I bought my Hellcat Pro with the gear up package right from the store, with the bad and the 3 mags.

I actually like the bag. It holds 2 pistols 6 mags. Actually, i guess it could hold 3 guns. I wouldn't call it a "range bag" as it doesn't hold ammo or ear or eye pro. However, I can throw 2 guns and mags in it, then put it in my range bag, and then have a way to keep the guns and mags secure and safe and then also transport the rest of the stuff. For me, honestly, it works better than have a 6th mag.

I will say that SA runs some of the best promos of any gun manufacture.
Yup agreed, I was lucky enough to get in on several of them. One of the best was when I bought my National Match Walnut M1a. Gear Up Promo said I could get 3 extra 20 round mags (which are somewhat expensive no matter where you look). I just had to go through there online authorization (uploaded copy of receipt with purchase date / Price circled and the online form with name, model, serial number, etc.), and low and behold a week or so later they show up at the door.

I've always had bad timing in buying SA firearms when it comes to the Gear Up promos. It seems like every time I buy a SA firearm, the Gear Up promo starts up a month or two later.

I've always had bad timing in buying SA firearms when it comes to the Gear Up promos. It seems like every time I buy a SA firearm, the Gear Up promo starts up a month or two later.
I'm going to take the time to look back over the past years and mark all of the Gear Up promotions on a calendar to see if I see any sort of pattern.

I want to buy the new Echelon, but I'm scared of getting hit with a double whammy. That is, Springfield will have the Gear Up promo and release a new Echelon version/configuration I'd like more than the current.

I purchased a Hellcat Pro from an online vendor under the Gear Up promotion about 8 months ago. Came with the "range bag," folio, and five magazines. I'm happy with everything I received.

Back