testtest

Geneseo, Illinois,,, the home of Springfield Armory

T_Cactus

Operator
Well what can I say?

As Lum and Abner would say,
I’m a bit “dis-appinted” in my trip to Geneseo to take a gander at the SA manufacturing facility.

I am visiting my family in the Quad Cities and my brother in law and I drove the twenty minutes to Geneseo to see where some of my favorite firearms are machined and brought to form and function, and I will say that I was not impressed by the buildings nor the settings.

We passed by the manufacturer and didn't even notice the the sign out in front until we resorted to the dumb phone to locate the business.

I expected to find a retail center along with a suitable sign and found neither ☹️
A393F976-7FEC-4EE3-97FA-E7A27E082FCB.jpeg

I am a proud owner of SA Firearms,
Saint Victor
Emissary
SA-35
but it would appear that the political malaise in in blue state Illinois has the deadening effect of keeping down low.

I was liberated from the state many moons ago, in fact I was born and reared in Henry County whence Geneseo, Illinois resides.

What is to be ashamed of ???manufacturing the greatest tool of freedom besides the greatest gift to man by God Himself, the King James Bible.

Anyways, you may think me overthinking this issue, but what else could be the the reluctance to be understated in their appearance and approach to public relations.
the sign out front as photo-graphed yesterday afternoon:

Well what can I say?

I’m a bit “dis-appinted” in my trip to Geneseo to take a gander at the SA manufacturing facility.

I am visiting my family in the Quad Cities and my brother in law and I drove the twenty minutes to Geneseo to see where some of my favorite firearms are machined and brought to form and function, and I will say that I was not impressed by the buildings nor the settings.

We passed by the manufacturer and didn't even notice the the sign out in front until we resorted to the dumb phone to locate the business.

I expected to find a retail center along with a suitable sign and found neither ☹️
View attachment 28026
Saint Victor
Emissary
SA-35
but it would appear that the political malaise in in blue state Illinois has the deadening effect of keeping down low.

I was liberated from the state many moons ago, in fact I was born and reared in Henry County whence Geneseo, Illinois resides.

What is to be ashamed of ???manufacturing the greatest tool of freedom besides the greatest gift to man by God Himself, the King James Bible.

Anyways, you may think me overthinking this issue, but what else could be the the reluctance to be understated in their appearance and approach to public relations.
Well, you are spot on.
Many in the arms business whether its ammo or guns, dont want to draw attention.
Swveral reasons why, and yes, you’re most likely correct on low key based on it being Illinois .

Take for example S&W in Massachusetts.
Its a security compound.

Cant buy direct from Manufacturers in the US, so there is no retail

Well what can I say?

View attachment 28026
Saint Victor
Emissary
SA-35

You were at the old building. This is the new one a few miles away:
Well what can I say?

View attachment 28026
Saint Victor
Emissary
SA-35

You were at the old building, this is the new one a few miles away:

Attachments

• SA.png
    SA.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 225
Well, you are spot on.
Many in the arms business whether its ammo or guns, dont want to draw attention.
Swveral reasons why, and yes, you’re most likely correct on low key based on it being Illinois .

Take for example S&W in Massachusetts.
Its a security compound.

Cant buy direct from Manufacturers in the US, so there is no retail
Low key is the way to go it seems. My range is amongst a few warehouses. There is a very small sign at the entrance that you wouldn't notice driving by and a sign above the door that simply says, "Indoor Range". Meanwhile the other businesses occupying the other warehouses have large colorful signs indicating exactly what goes on there. The owner of the range once had a small "Guns and Ammo" sign, like the ones you simply stick in the ground, out front and he was asked to remove it by some of the other businesses.

Well what can I say?

View attachment 28026
Saint Victor
Emissary
SA-35

Another former Henry County resident here.

Back