testtest

German Pistols: World War II Trophies

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member

Classic guns must have either jaw-dropping looks or a storied history. Ideally, they’ve got both, such as these German pistols of World War II vintage.

German Pistols: World War II Trophies

1611599172449.png

I vaguely remember having a .22 cal version of a Luger many, many years ago. IIRC, it was a pretty faithful version of the original other than caliber. Don't remember the manufacturer, how I acquired it, or even what I finally did with it. Strange because I generally have a pretty good recollection of all my gun transactions. In fact for the past 51 yrs, since I married, I've kept written records of all but the simplest gun deals.

Because of my age I’ve been downsizing my collection of pistols and I recently sold my rare Sauer & Sohn 38H. The serial number identified this pistol as one of the early test models for acceptance in the Wehrmacht. Because someone had nickel plated this pistol the value was slightly diminished.
IMG_0812_1.jpg

Towards the end of the Battle of the Bulge my uncle's infantry squad encountered a German patrol on a very wet foggy day making their way back to their unit. A fight ensued that didn't turn out well for the Germans. My uncle retrieved this CZ 27 7.65 (.32ACP) and holster from the downed German officer. I've had it serviced by a gunsmith and it's a great shooter.

Attachments

• IMG_0619.JPG
    IMG_0619.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 184
Huh...I just remembered that I had another bring back lurking in the safe...

JP Sauer M1930 “Behördenmodell” (Authority Model) .32.
DA33CF74-E9E2-4EF7-A057-2712E948DEFF.jpeg

Very interesting piece; a lot of features you’d expect to find on modern pistols; cocking indicator on the back of the slide, loaded chamber indicator on top of the slide, and a safety tab on the front of the trigger.

Towards the end of the Battle of the Bulge my uncle's infantry squad encountered a German patrol on a very wet foggy day making their way back to their unit. A fight ensued that didn't turn out well for the Germans. My uncle retrieved this CZ 27 7.65 (.32ACP) and holster from the downed German officer. I've had it serviced by a gunsmith and it's a great shooter.
Turkish Star on the holster ?

Back