testtest

Germany’s Leopard 2 Main Battle Tank

It was inevitable with the West supplying heavy armored vehicles to Ukraine, but now Russia has captured or destroyed M1, Bradleys, and Leopard 2’s to study and finally make their crappy designs more survivable to copy the West

- No tank is invincible. Friendly vs. enemy losses depends not only on technology but on crew training and operational leadership.
- Leo IIs were not involved in combat in Bosnia in the late 90s. It was Leo 1A5s of the Danish tank squadron.
- In Afghanistan, Canadians initially used Leo 1A5s and only later Leo IIs.
- Actually, the Leo II is more than a worthy successor to the Tigers and Panthers considering these WWII models broke down all the time.
My 2 cents.

While Western gear is demonstrably superior, throughout history the Russians have never been concerned about the survivability of their troops.

The US & Euros have sent only a handful of old tank (Leo A6's & M1A1's) and IFVs (Marder & ODS Bradleys) that while those old models (90's early 2000s era) are still superior, they don't represent the latest models.

While the Soviets copied the B-29s that landed in their territory in WW2, and the British jet engine (that the Brits gave them after WW2) to power the Mig-15, they really follow their own design philosophy.

But most of their existing gear contain Western computer components but now they either smuggle those in through 3rd parties , or are getting them from the Chicoms.

Their Armata tank is a POS like all of the T-series.

And as Cedric says...No tank is invincible. Friendly vs. enemy losses depends not only on technology but on crew training and operational leadership.

+100

My .02

Funny I was looking at some Leopard 2 stuff a few months ago and saw this.

So here is your motivations video you should like with some music from Eisbrecher

Funny I was looking at some Leopard 2 stuff a few months ago and saw this.

So here is your motivations video you should like with some music from Eisbrecher

According to KMW, there are four models of Leopard 2: A4, A5, A6 and the latest addition, the A7+, which the company describes as the "world's most advanced main battle tank."

Germany's decision will involve the A6 version, which has a maximum speed of 70 km/h, a range of 450 kilometres, a 120 mm smooth-bore cannon and 7.62 mm machine gun.
Amazing tank with many features.

After the videos I've seen in Ukraine and how the Leopards performance in real battles, unfortunately they too have: profit over function.

According to KMW, there are four models of Leopard 2: A4, A5, A6 and the latest addition, the A7+, which the company describes as the "world's most advanced main battle tank."

Germany's decision will involve the A6 version, which has a maximum speed of 70 km/h, a range of 450 kilometres, a 120 mm smooth-bore cannon and 7.62 mm machine gun.
Amazing tank with many features.

After the videos I've seen in Ukraine and how the Leopards performance in real battles, unfortunately they too have: profit over function.
The thread was about a Leopard 2 tank. I simply shared what I thought was a decent promo video on said Leopard 2 tank. That’s all

Back