testtest

getting a lyman sight tool

well i think we both know (not necessarily back when you first ordered from Natchez) that today and the past year or so, many online companies are suffering for lack of workers. back during the pandemic (which seems to be returning), The Glock Store (which i buy a lot from) was backed up for like 3 weeks before you got confirmation your order was processed.

same problem with the shipping companies, both (for me) FedEx and USPS sucked eggs for sometime.

now, they have both been stepping up to the plate. at least from my past few orders from whomever.

ok, so i took that S&W "E" 1911 to the range this morning, (the one in which i bought the Lyman sight tool for) and the shooting was awesome.

my only mistake was, that i ripped off the targets and threw them away. so i have no proof to show.

reason being, i was "under the gun" for time as i wanted to participate in the Holiday shooting contest, and i had little time, due to other obligations this morning, which went ka-flooey when i got home...

in my haste to get to the contest, i hurriedly ripped off the practice targets, but the shots were grouping quite nicely this time, rather than over the to the upper left before the sight alignment.

then i was shooting at that damned tiny silver xmass ball at a fricking 25 yards away, which was impossible to see, so i hit the target, just not that damned ball...

when i raced home, so i could get cleaned up for my appointment.>??

a call had been left on my answering machine, that the meeting was called off, as a couple of the office workers had contracted Covid, and the office was shut indefinitely......DAMMIT...DAMMIT....

this IS proof, that haste makes waste..

but i'll say this much too...that money spent on the Lyman sight tool, WAS WORTH IT, for me......

i "Might" try the gun club tomorrow morning, and IF i do, then dammit, i'll take that S&W "E" 1911 again, and this time, take the targets home for pics, or take the pics there, and post them.

this will be the most workout one single gun in my collection has ever gotten in 3 consecutive range trips....

my other guns are getting pissed off with me........

ok, so i went to the gun club earlier this morning. (S&W Series "E" 1911)

i only took 1 box of 50 rounds, reloaded .45 ACP.

i had 2 targets, and the number of rnds, is printed on each target, as well as the distance.

at the range, the target machine measures in yardage.

at the club, the target machine measures in footage.

personally, i am totally satisfied with the results.

i DID shoot a bit high, but i was wanting to make sure that i at least got the sights aligned for my very first time, with this tool.

compared to before this tool was bought, i could plainly see i was shooting to the left, about even with the red center, so not high or low, as in trigger control.

i also have at least 1 flier in each target....

so as i said, for the money spent (with shipping) $135.00, it was worth it to me, to have this tool, for future sight work..

since i do not shoot rifles, and have no desire to do so, to buy a tool that does both handguns and rifles was out of the question.

DSCN1209.JPG

Back