testtest

Getting into motorcycles now

I hope you get into bikes. I always wanted one and didnt start until I was 40. I'm 69 now and have a 2020 Harley Trike. Love it. I do love that Heritege, but after a run in with a truck when I was 50, my wife isn't keen on 2 wheelers. So we do what we have to do. Took the trike down the Tail of the Dragon in 2021. Handled great.
So go take the lessons and enjoy.
if i hit the 1 BILLION dollar Power Ball, i'm gonna buy me a coupla three trikes.......

then i could care less the $40,000 +, MSRP each.....,(nearl $50,000)

1667229775633.png

Went to look at guns today and the girlfriend wanted to check out the Harley-Davidson dealership. Her family is big into bikes (her dad used to ride but can't because of medical issues and her brother does ride still) and she always loved riding as a passenger with her dad or brother.

I always wanted a bike but no one in my circle had one and I could never figure out where to learn. No friends, no family are involved with bikes. At the dealership, I fell in love with several but primarily a blue heritage.

Getting classes (MSF certified) next year and buying a bike then too.
Wannabewoodsman, Motorcycles are great fun and I’m glad to see you are going to take a class that is very wise because you need to know how to control the bike. I have been riding since 17 years old and was also a Police motor in Southern California for 8 years. Good training will make your riding experience much safer and enjoyable. I currently have a 2020 Harley Road Glide Special which I ride as much as possible. I’ll tell you there is nothing like seeing the country on a motorcycle. I look forward to hearing about this process next year when you take your class Etc.

Attachments

• 31A50EA1-2B35-452D-A05E-DA43E7CA57C9.jpeg
    31A50EA1-2B35-452D-A05E-DA43E7CA57C9.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 59
Wannabewoodsman, Motorcycles are great fun and I’m glad to see you are going to take a class that is very wise because you need to know how to control the bike. I have been riding since 17 years old and was also a Police motor in Southern California for 8 years. Good training will make your riding experience much safer and enjoyable. I currently have a 2020 Harley Road Glide Special which I ride as much as possible. I’ll tell you there is nothing like seeing the country on a motorcycle. I look forward to hearing about this process next year when you take your class Etc.

I like to watch the YouTuber MotorMan(?) he former LE and operates a riding school, plenty of tips on his Uchannel. It’s always good to practice even as an adult, i think H-D still has those advanced classes where you bring your own motorcycle, but it’s always good to attend a refresher for anyone who are getting back into riding in the later years.

As for trikes Old_Me… I missed the Big Wheel fad as a kid by 20 yrs. It didn’t take long for someone to come up with big boy toy…looks fun for about 30 minutes.

12D05E0E-1C04-4F9B-94BF-602922B8DB71.jpeg

I like to watch the YouTuber MotorMan(?) he former LE and operates a riding school, plenty of tips on his Uchannel. It’s always good to practice even as an adult, i think H-D still has those advanced classes where you bring your own motorcycle, but it’s always good to attend a refresher for anyone who are getting back into riding in the later years.

As for trikes Old_Me… I missed the Big Wheel fad as a kid by 20 yrs. It didn’t take long for someone to come up with big boy toy…looks fun for about 30 minutes.

View attachment 32023
with my several major back operations, i don't think i could get down and into that contraption, but i bet its a blast to ride..!!

My motorcycle days are long behind me but I still have fond memories of putting 17000 miles in one year on my Yahama 100cc twin during my college days. During my Air Force Missile Crew days, I would ride my Yahama 200cc street bike to work until the temperature got below 20 degrees. The throttle oil would get so stiff that it would stay where I set it so I could put my gloved hands on the cylinders to keep them warm.

Back