testtest

Getting into motorcycles now

Go for real bikes.

1667154489288.png

1667154633608.png

Or if you want something tamer.

1667154834737.png

Aprila & Ducati (Italy) and BMW (Germany) aren't rice burners. :whistle:

No "sofa" bikes allowed on Olivers Mount.

Enjoy a couple laps...

and the Isle of Man TT

Last edited:
Go for real bikes.

View attachment 31985
View attachment 31987

Or if you want something tamer.

View attachment 31988
I like the look of those Aprill Tuareg 660, adventure styles are more comfortable upright for my condition. I think the adventure bike is becoming a very popular all around commuter. The BMW’s always sat higher than most, not good for shorter rider in stop/go traffic.…and wow, they pack a quick throttle response.
Low and Slow these days, never took out any of the adventure bikes to see what comfort level to expect. Can I use another toy? Bit of a squeeze, but I think I can fit a 660 in sideways…

437702E6-C1D9-4B9C-8C9D-1DE0172A548B.jpeg

This was the Yamaha that my son was talked into buying.
2B5F186F-520F-4942-83F4-2C4F4A0CFFB7.jpeg

After the accident the bike was fixed however my son made the decision to not ride anymore so I drove from Kentucky with a trailer and picked it up to sell for him. I rode it once and opened it up, in 2nd gear I hit 85mph
Scared the heck out of me. I’m so glad my son made the decision he did.

I dug through some of my pictures and this is one of my CB750F Super Sports I owned. 1981 in its day the fastest production motorcycle on the market.
9DA8A230-BB37-49AE-9C0D-D19B625E1652.jpeg

Oh to be young again.

Me in my youth. Picture taken by my dad.
DFB87216-490A-4D0D-A5C0-4C9202B5D16E.jpeg

When I had hair!! 😂😂😂😂

Last edited:
This was the Yamaha that my son was talked into buying.
View attachment 31997
After the accident the bike was fixed however my son made the decision to not ride anymore so I drove from Kentucky with a trailer and picked it up to sell for him. I rode it once and opened it up, in 2nd gear I hit 85mph
Scared the heck out of me. I’m so glad my son made the decision he did.
I’ll agree on the throttle response, BMW R1200 had a few throttle settings for riding conditions and one was Sport… it would raise the front end almost to off the ground at 65mph. Glad my boy traded for a Road Glide.

I like the look of those Aprill Tuareg 660, adventure styles are more comfortable upright for my condition. I think the adventure bike is becoming a very popular all around commuter. The BMW’s always sat higher than most, not good for shorter rider in stop/go traffic.…and wow, they pack a quick throttle response.
Low and Slow these days, never took out any of the adventure bikes to see what comfort level to expect. Can I use another toy? Bit of a squeeze, but I think I can fit a 660 in sideways…

View attachment 31996
Yea the Sport-Tourers are a bit tall, but they have a lowering kit

These are the road bikes I go fast on.

1667165500038.png

Three skinny tire bikes & one "winter" bike with wider tires for the slippery stuff.
2-3K miles per year locally.

Last edited:
I dug through some of my pictures and this is one of my CB750F Super Sports I owned. 1981 in its day the fastest production motorcycle on the market.
View attachment 31998
Oh to be young again.

Me in my youth. Picture taken by my dad.
View attachment 31999
When I had hair!! 😂😂😂😂
The last 750 I had was an '81 Super Sport . I had a 79 Super Sport before that. I think they were rated at 77 HP.

Good luck I would think that Harley would give you free lessons so you would buy the bike . They are a lots of fun own many bikes stop riding when my granddaughter was born

What kills me is people who have “ Watch out for motorcycles “ signs in their yard and then you see them out on 270 standing on the seat doing a mile long wheelie.
Or the bicyclists who want you to “ Share the road” and they ride in the traffic lanes until they come to a stop sign or a light and then they go right on through it. If you’re gonna be on the road, in my way, slowing me down, during morning rush hour, you need to follow the same traffic rules I have to follow.

What kills me is people who have “ Watch out for motorcycles “ signs in their yard and then you see them out on 270 standing on the seat doing a mile long wheelie.
Or the bicyclists who want you to “ Share the road” and they ride in the traffic lanes until they come to a stop sign or a light and then they go right on through it. If you’re gonna be on the road, in my way, slowing me down, during morning rush hour, you need to follow the same traffic rules I have to follow.
that's the way it should be.....on the road..?? OBEY the rules.

but, to this day, it's the driver of the car that gets nailed, if he/she strikes a cyclist.

I hope you get into bikes. I always wanted one and didnt start until I was 40. I'm 69 now and have a 2020 Harley Trike. Love it. I do love that Heritege, but after a run in with a truck when I was 50, my wife isn't keen on 2 wheelers. So we do what we have to do. Took the trike down the Tail of the Dragon in 2021. Handled great.
So go take the lessons and enjoy.

Back