testtest

Giffords Launches Gun Safety Group for Gun Owners to Challenge NRA

This is absolutely sickening. There is absolutely nothing relating to 'gun safety' in anything under the Giffords name. Everything they/she does is directed towards 'gun control'. And they know damned well that no bad guy is going to go to all the work and effort to build his own so called 'ghost gun'. We all know they can and will typically buy a gun on the street with little to no effort and for less money. But the term sounds really scary to those who listen to their BS, so they'll continue to use it.

It has been legal since the country began for an American citizen to build their own personal firearm. It would be nothing short of a sin for an organization like 'Giffords' to cause that to end.

I am no longer a fan of the NRA, but there is absolutely zero chance of my ever supporting any group affiliated with Giffords. If anything, this sort of stunt will send disgruntled members back to the NRA. At this time, my support goes to the Second Amendment Foundation.

After thinking a little more about this, I'm pretty sure no bad guy is going to the expense of buying the CNC machine that Cody Wilson sells to make his "Ghost gun". Neither is any bad guy going to the time and trouble to buy and finish an 80% frame/receiver. Either of these efforts will cost the bad guy far more time and money than he's prepared to give to the effort especially when he can buy off the black market on the street for much less money and no physical effort.

Hell of it is, those associated with Gifford's organizations knows that as well as I do, but they count on the fact that there are many who don't know that and will accept them at their word. Far as I'm aware, there has been only one so-called 'ghost gun' used in a crime in the past many years and that was the one in ElPaso in the WalMart shooting, and even then it wasn't a true "Ghost gun". It was a gun that the seller had ground the serial number off when he converted it to full auto. The removal of a serial number does not make it a "Ghost gun", it simply makes it an illegally altered gun. The name "Ghost Gun" was and is as far as I know the name Cody Wilson gave to his creation that comes out of his CNC machine.

I told my wife the day I heard the local sheriff out there at his ElPaso news conference calling it a "ghost gun" that from now on any gun without a serial number and caught in the possession of a bad guy would forevermore be called a "ghost gun". Why, because it has a bad sounding ring to it much like 'assault rifle' when talking about the AR.

It's just gun control politics folks, and dirty politics at that. I'd likely have a little more respectful view of these organizations if they played fair and honest, but then they wouldn't be able to get away with all the crap they typically get away with. Just one more reason/thing to keep in mind this coming Nov 3rd when we vote.

After thinking a little more about this, I'm pretty sure no bad guy is going to the expense of buying the CNC machine that Cody Wilson sells to make his "Ghost gun". Neither is any bad guy going to the time and trouble to buy and finish an 80% frame/receiver. Either of these efforts will cost the bad guy far more time and money than he's prepared to give to the effort especially when he can buy off the black market on the street for much less money and no physical effort.

Hell of it is, those associated with Gifford's organizations knows that as well as I do, but they count on the fact that there are many who don't know that and will accept them at their word. Far as I'm aware, there has been only one so-called 'ghost gun' used in a crime in the past many years and that was the one in ElPaso in the WalMart shooting, and even then it wasn't a true "Ghost gun". It was a gun that the seller had ground the serial number off when he converted it to full auto. The removal of a serial number does not make it a "Ghost gun", it simply makes it an illegally altered gun. The name "Ghost Gun" was and is as far as I know the name Cody Wilson gave to his creation that comes out of his CNC machine.

I told my wife the day I heard the local sheriff out there at his ElPaso news conference calling it a "ghost gun" that from now on any gun without a serial number and caught in the possession of a bad guy would forevermore be called a "ghost gun". Why, because it has a bad sounding ring to it much like 'assault rifle' when talking about the AR.

It's just gun control politics folks, and dirty politics at that. I'd likely have a little more respectful view of these organizations if they played fair and honest, but then they wouldn't be able to get away with all the crap they typically get away with. Just one more reason/thing to keep in mind this coming Nov 3rd when we vote.
Definitely.....good post Joe

Another good read on this subject

Here's the KEY statement in this latest story:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
According to The Hill story, “Gun Owners for Safety plans to take advantage of the weakened state of the NRA, which has faced accusations of corrupt leadership and illegal spending.” (my emphasis) Keep in mind these charges were brought by an AG who swore to do all she possibly could to bring down the NRA during her campaign. She never swore to bring down any persons in particular she may have thought guilty, just to bring down the NRA.

They plan to "take advantage of the weakened state of the NRA" facing "accusations" ................. . We as responsible, law-abiding gun owners have never faced the situation we're facing right now regarding our 2nd amendment rights. Note that the "Gifford's" organizations have never, not even once before now used the word 'SAFETY' in any of their titles which should prove they have no intention of any 'gun safety' except through 'gun control'. We Americans are supposed to have the presumption of innocence until proven beyond a doubt guilty, and that should include the NRA leaders, and especially the organization as a whole.

I'm in no way arguing with anyone who feels the NRA is already guilty, some obviously are privy to information I'm not privy to, and that's perfectly OK. And if after all the legal processes are complete and it's proven beyond a doubt that NRA and/or WLP and/or others have committed crimes as charged, I'll respond at that time appropriately. All I'm saying is that as it stands right this minute, certain folks within the NRA hierarchy have been accused of wrongdoing of the worst kind ... that of misusing what were intended as charitable donations for their personal use. It doesn't get much lower than that if true of those individuals. However, I can't condemn an entire organization for the actions of a few.

I'm keeping in mind this is the organization that has been instrumental in protecting and preserving our 2nd amendment rights against any and all comers for a long time. But in today's political atmosphere and with anti-gun sentiment of, and the potential of those who would destroy those rights, I won't be 'changing horses in the middle of the stream'. The NRA is our best and biggest defender of our 2nd amendment rights and are needed right now as much as any time in recent history.

NRA is not simply the biggest organization in support of the 2nd, it's the biggest by many multiples over all other supportive organizations combined, as is their political influence. The anti-gunners know that and are placing all their efforts against that one organization at just the right time for their benefit. We all know that Joe Biden is anti-gun in general and worse is totally ignorant of the utility and worth of guns in a law-abiding gun owner's hands. Remember him suggesting to his wife that anytime she is afraid of someone breaking in to their home that she should just go out on the balcony and "fire off two blasts" into the air from his double barreled shotgun? Friends, he lives in downtown (Wilmington, I believe) and it's unlawful in every city and town I know of to discharge a firearm inside the city limits, not to mention just how idiotic that would be to begin with. And remember when he said to 'Beto O'Rourke' that he would make Beto the gun control guru in a Biden administration? Yeh, that's the guy who shouted out "You're damnd right we're coming for your AR15's and your AK47's", not for good/any reason except they don't want you/me to have them. And how about Kamela Harris who stated outright that "If congress doesn't have the courage to do something within the first 100 days of 'her' administration regarding gun control, she'll do it by 'executive order', again not for good reason, simply because she doesn't believe in our 2nd amendment. And worse yet, she as Vice Pres does not have authority to write 'executive orders' to begin with. That should really make us stop and think ..... is it really designed to be a 'Biden' administration, or is something else being planned?

But consider this, as much as I hate, deep in my gut these accusations, and hate even more if they are proven true in a court of law, I'll give the organization the benefit of the doubt just as our constitution calls for. Know too that I do have many concerns, and I know there are those who are convinced of the wrongdoing, that I'm in no way saying they are wrong in their beliefs. Just that for me, until and unless these charges are proven beyond doubt in a court of law, I'll support the organization. The potential results of not having the NRA supporting our rights at this time in history are simply too great. We responsible gun owners stand to lose much ............. much more than misused and/or misappropriated dollars. There comes a time when 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend', and this is one of those times whether we like it or not.

Back