testtest

Girshan MC 14

As I get older I am seeing better the sense is these designs. My wife could use a pistol like this, her wrists are bad and she does have trouble with many pistols, and being completely candid, it's not going to get better, it will slowly, hopefully slowly, deteriorate. And me, well right now I am ok, even with the onset of arthritis in my thumbs. The droping down in calibers has helped, but who knows whst the future holds. Might be using one myself before too many years.

As I get older I am seeing better the sense is these designs. My wife could use a pistol like this, her wrists are bad and she does have trouble with many pistols, and being completely candid, it's not going to get better, it will slowly, hopefully slowly, deteriorate. And me, well right now I am ok, even with the onset of arthritis in my thumbs. The droping down in calibers has helped, but who knows whst the future holds. Might be using one myself before too many years.
Psst…

I’m gonna let you in a a secret:

If you can make hits, caliber DOESN’T MATTER.

No, seriously; if you can put 2+ hits in target fast, it really makes no difference if you’re shooting a .380 or a .45…and in the rare cases where that doesn’t work? Caliber still doesn’t matter, you gotta take out the CPU.

Psst…

I’m gonna let you in a a secret:

If you can make hits, caliber DOESN’T MATTER.

No, seriously; if you can put 2+ hits in target fast, it really makes no difference if you’re shooting a .380 or a .45…and in the rare cases where that doesn’t work? Caliber still doesn’t matter, you gotta take out the CPU.
I agree 100 percent, best way of putting it I have seen in a long time.

I had a friend that had a Beretta Cheetah with the tilt up barrel and I really liked that firearm. This EAA reminds me of it.

I had a Beretta 22 caliber with a tilt up barrel and it was easy and fun to shoot...:)

I'll be 65 in a few months. I recently bought a S&W M&P EZ 9mm. It's easy for me to rack now but a tilt up barrel would be even easier...:)

For those with limited hand strength.

i'm not understanding this tip up barrel concept. i even watched the video.

pop in magazine, rack slide back and shoot.....simple...

but load mag, pop up barrel, put cartridge in, then shoot..??

christ, do you ask the perp to wait a few seconds for you to do that, when the magazine is in and the slide is racked, and you shoot NOW..???

christ, do you ask the perp to wait a few seconds for you to do that, when the magazine is in and the slide is racked, and you shoot NOW..???

Load the barrel first before you go out.........same as having one in the chamber and a full magazine, the tip up design makes it easier for those who have a hard time raking the slide, if you got one with the chamber, the gun is ready. But lots of people don't believe in having a round in the chamber, some like to keep the chamber empty till needed, then rack the slide, me, always a round in the chamber.

Load the barrel first before you go out.........same as having one in the chamber and a full magazine, the tip up design makes it easier for those who have a hard time raking the slide, if you got one with the chamber, the gun is ready. But lots of people don't believe in having a round in the chamber, some like to keep the chamber empty till needed, then rack the slide, me, always a round in the chamber.
oh, ok......trouble/hard time racking...got it.

thanks

Ok, the initial loading is normally done say at your home before you leave correct? Put in magazine, tip up barrel load round close, pistol ready to fire. Fire pistol dry in defensive action , slide is locked back because empty chamber, drop magazine, load magazine punch dude release to load and continue firing. Both cases no racking slide by hand.

Also you can do a reload of a partial magazine btmy dropping mag and inserting fresh magazine. Chamber remains loaded

Ok, the initial loading is normally done say at your home before you leave correct? Put in magazine, tip up barrel load round close, pistol ready to fire. Fire pistol dry in defensive action , slide is locked back because empty chamber, drop magazine, load magazine punch dude release to load and continue firing. Both cases no racking slide by hand.

Also you can do a reload of a partial magazine btmy dropping mag and inserting fresh magazine. Chamber remains loaded
i am understanding much of it now, thanks

but then again..."hard to rack the slide"?

well S&W does make several "EZ slide" guns.........i know i briefly owned a S&W EZ slide 380......

in the end, even though i am getting this better understanding, i still find a "tipping barrel" to be a joke.

i still believe(or feel) that in a dire emergency, the one holding that gun, just ain't gonna think straight under duress..???

anyway.....what works for me, and a few others in a majority of the time, doesn't mean, it works for everyone else....

i am understanding much of it now, thanks

but then again..."hard to rack the slide"?

well S&W does make several "EZ slide" guns.........i know i briefly owned a S&W EZ slide 380......

in the end, even though i am getting this better understanding, i still find a "tipping barrel" to be a joke.

i still believe(or feel) that in a dire emergency, the one holding that gun, just ain't gonna think straight under duress..???

anyway.....what works for me, and a few others in a majority of the time, doesn't mean, it works for everyone else....
Tipping the barrel is only used when NOT UNDER DURESS. Under duress you simply load exactly like any other pistol. It's really nothing new. Most loads under duress are performed from a locked back slide, in which case you simply exchange mag and hit slide release, unless you are performing an an executive reload where you are removing a partially spent magazine for a full one. In which case the chamber is already loaded, no reason to manipulate the slide at all.

Its actually a system that has been around a long time. Beretta has used it on various models, still do.

There are a lot of people who simply have issues with most pistol slides, not sure why that is hard to understand. If there was no market do you actually think companies would make models designed to aleviate it?

Sadly arthritis and other ailments areall to real for many. My wife's wrists are now bone on bone, cartilage has gone and she is in constant pain from it. She is one of the people who could benefit from this type system. It would help her load in the vast majority of situations, yes, a stoppage would have to have the slide manipulated manually, but pain one time in a 1000 is better thsn every time.

It's not a joke, trust me I hope you do not find yourself in such a position, you will not find it so funny.

Last edited:
Tipping the barrel is only used when NOT UNDER DURESS. Under duress you simply load exactly like any other pistol. It's really nothing new. Most loads under duress are performed from a locked back slide, in which case you simply exchange mag and hit slide release, unless you are performing an an executive reload where you are removing a partially spent magazine for a full one. In which case the chamber is already loaded, no reason to manipulate the slide at all.

Its actually a system that has been around a long time. Beretta has used it on various models, still do.

There are a lot of people who simply have issues with most pistol slides, not sure why that is hard to understand. If there was no market do you actually think companies would make models designed to aleviate it?

Sadly arthritis and other ailments areall to real for many. My wife's wrists are now bone on bone, cartilage has gone and she is in constant pain from it. She is one of the people who could benefit from this type system. It would help her load in the vast majority of situations, yes, a stoppage would have to have the slide manipulated manually, but pain one time in a 1000 is better thsn every time.

It's not a joke, trust me I hope you do not find yourself in such a position, you will not find it so funny.
Most loads under duress are performed from a locked back slide, in which case you simply exchange mag and hit slide release, unless you are performing an an executive reload where you are removing a partially spent magazine for a full one. In which case the chamber is already loaded, no reason to manipulate the slide at all.

i saw a video, maybe 2 from Paul Harrell, that did that "executive reload", but i cannot recall him telling the name...only that he demonstrated it. at one point, i thought it was scary, cuz you have to count your shots, and not run out before the new mag is inserted.

and no, i don't think anything is "funny" when people have health issues..... you got like 27 days..??

cuz i can lay out all of mine as well........complete with surgical procedures, operations, good and BAD recovery times, and my long term prognosis.....which i thank God, i wake up each day.........for now..........as well as all the meds i am on..........

Most loads under duress are performed from a locked back slide, in which case you simply exchange mag and hit slide release, unless you are performing an an executive reload where you are removing a partially spent magazine for a full one. In which case the chamber is already loaded, no reason to manipulate the slide at all.

i saw a video, maybe 2 from Paul Harrell, that did that "executive reload", but i cannot recall him telling the name...only that he demonstrated it. at one point, i thought it was scary, cuz you have to count your shots, and not run out before the new mag is inserted.

and no, i don't think anything is "funny" when people have health issues..... you got like 27 days..??

cuz i can lay out all of mine as well........complete with surgical procedures, operations, good and BAD recovery times, and my long term prognosis.....which i thank God, i wake up each day.........for now..........as well as all the meds i am on..........
I think “executive” is being used where the term “administrative” would be more correct.

Administrative actions are things you do when you have all the time in the world, such as initially loading the weapon before you carry it, or at the end of the day when you’re putting the gun away.

Not in the middle of a gunfight.

Tipping the barrel is something that you would only do as an administrative action…any other time, all actions would be the exact same as any other auto. If you shoot to slide lock (emergency reload) you drop the empty, insert a fresh, drop the slide and get back to work. If you do a “tactical”—or executive—reload—that is, replace a partially spent mag with a fresh one, there’s no need to work the slide. Either way, no different than a 1911; it is not necessary to tip the barrel to reload.

It’s also a great way to safe the gun for storage; just tip the barrel, remove the mag and the chambered round, and it’s immediately obvious it’s clear.

I think “executive” is being used where the term “administrative” would be more correct.

Administrative actions are things you do when you have all the time in the world, such as initially loading the weapon before you carry it, or at the end of the day when you’re putting the gun away.

Not in the middle of a gunfight.

Tipping the barrel is something that you would only do as an administrative action…any other time, all actions would be the exact same as any other auto. If you shoot to slide lock (emergency reload) you drop the empty, insert a fresh, drop the slide and get back to work. If you do a “tactical”—or executive—reload—that is, replace a partially spent mag with a fresh one, there’s no need to work the slide. Either way, no different than a 1911; it is not necessary to tip the barrel to reload.

It’s also a great way to safe the gun for storage; just tip the barrel, remove the mag and the chambered round, and it’s immediately obvious it’s clear.
You are quite correct I just noticed I used the wrong term.

If you yourself are afficted then one would think you would be more sensitive to the fact there are valid reasons they make things to help those with infirmities and perhaps investigate exactly how one works and why before deriding and calling one a joke.

Counting rounds is not needed to make an administrative load change. Sone do it when a lull occurs during or after shooting if thier pistol is not empty. They simply exchange the partially loaded one for a full one and retain the partial in case thry need it later.

The idea us to insure they have the most rounds available in the weapon as possible. Big game hunters do it often when hunting dangerous game.

If you yourself are afficted then one would think you would be more sensitive to the fact there are valid reasons they make things to help those with infirmities and perhaps investigate exactly how one works and why before deriding and calling one a joke.

Counting rounds is not needed to make an administrative load change. Sone do it when a lull occurs during or after shooting if thier pistol is not empty. They simply exchange the partially loaded one for a full one and retain the partial in case thry need it later.

The idea us to insure they have the most rounds available in the weapon as possible. Big game hunters do it often when hunting dangerous game.
i stand by what i said, i never saw such a gun that the barrel tips, and to me, it's a joke.

it's not normal...as in, how many are actually made by each manufacturer.???

there are guns like i said the S&W EZ that can serve just as well, if not better.

and in the Paul Harrell video, and if i recall, he did mention to count your rounds, as to not run out, and have nothing happen when you insert the new mag, thinking the slide is closed on a full chamber.

as for "sensitivity", i got it, but not when i see something as a joke,

i stand by what i said, i never saw such a gun that the barrel tips, and to me, it's a joke.

there are guns like i said the S&W EZ that can serve just as well, if not better.

and in the Paul Harrell video, and if i recall, he did mention to count your rounds, as to not run out, and have nothing happen when you insert the new mag, thinking the slide is closed on a full chamber.

Beretta has been making tip-barrel designs for over 70 years…it’s hardly a new or revolutionary concept. The 950 Jetfire .25, the 21/21A in .22/.25, the Tomcat in .32, the original 86 in single-stack .380 (and .32, iirc)…there’s a fair number out there. Taurus even copied the 21.

And I think you’re thinking of pistols that don’t lock the slide when they run dry….the Berettas do lock back, iirc (depending on model).

I won’t say a S&W is better, there track record isn’t all that great, like it was said Beretta has been making tip up barrels for many years, Taurus did also at one time, it’s not a joke, if you ever handled one you would be amazed, just cause you don’t understand the design doesn’t make it a joke, I don’t know how long you have been into firearms, I have over 40 years with them, only joke gun I ever saw was any High Point.

Back