testtest

Glock 19: Everything you Need to Know

Bought my first G-19 in 1993. I have carried and competed with a Glock 19 since that time, I have shot 100's of thousands of rds through G-19's of almost every generation. I have a 3rd Gen 19 in my possession that has close to 100,000 rds that still shoots straight and I love dearly as my Grandmother bought it for me before she passed.

I am a firm believer that the G-19 is the one of the best if not the best all around concealed carry and service pistol made to date, just MY opinion. My new EDC Gen5 19 has close to 20,000rds on it to date and still will shoot 1 1/2" at 20-25yds with federal 147gr hst. I made Grandmaster in USPSA Production division with a G-19.

My one problem was with the Gen4 9mm's as I tried 5 different models over a several year period and they all would not go 100rds without brass to face or erratic ejection problems. I would take a Gen3 or preferably a Gen5 pretty much out of the box, load it and carry it with out question.

For some reason, the G19 is the one 9mm Glock model I’ve never cared for; they just have never shot well for me, unless I really worked at it (similar to XD series pistols).

Love the full size 17 or 34...and I thought the 26 was just dandy. The 19? Nope. Don’t know why, just don’t shoot well for me.

I do think they’re good pistols, beyond that...after a VP9, they’re often my first recommendation to someone looking for a midsize 9mm.

I have a gen 2 and I am lucky to have it seeing how we are the only state in the country were you can't buy Glocks through an FFL. It's very picky on what ammo I feed it. It's accurate enough, but not the first one I would grab when leaving the house. Of course, they would try and have a field day with me if they found it on my person. I am "grandfathered" to own the original mags, but I am not very confident they would know that.

The G19 Gen 4 was the 3rd gun I bought and I was going to use it as my EDC in place of my S&W M&P 9. I experienced several stovepipes/FTE's, thus shelving the EDC idea. Searched several forums, and I found that there were issues with the early Gen 4 recoil springs, that Glock would send out a replacement, if called and asked for one. When I did, I read off the 3 digit number on the spring and the Glock tech informed me that it was the new spring being sent out. He suggested shooting 124 gr, rather than the 115 gr that I was using, to break the recoil spring in.
Like I mentioned in a previous thread, I'm now more comfortable carrying the sub compacts with anywhere from 3"-3.7" bbls. Along the lines of Hans advice, I purchased a H&K VP9SK, which feels and carry's much better than the G19 would have been for me.

The G19 Gen 4 was the 3rd gun I bought and I was going to use it as my EDC in place of my S&W M&P 9. I experienced several stovepipes/FTE's, thus shelving the EDC idea. Searched several forums, and I found that there were issues with the early Gen 4 recoil springs, that Glock would send out a replacement, if called and asked for one. When I did, I read off the 3 digit number on the spring and the Glock tech informed me that it was the new spring being sent out. He suggested shooting 124 gr, rather than the 115 gr that I was using, to break the recoil spring in.
Like I mentioned in a previous thread, I'm now more comfortable carrying the sub compacts with anywhere from 3"-3.7" bbls. Along the lines of Hans advice, I purchased a H&K VP9SK, which feels and carry's much better than the G19 would have been for me.
I'm not a glock guy at all, but I did build a P80/Lone Wolf, glock 19 style gun. No glock parts were used, but I have heard of and experienced malfunctions with 115 gr. rounds in G19s, after having no trouble at all with 124 gr. nato.

88a.JPG
89a.JPG
95a.JPG

I'm not a glock guy at all, but I did build a P80/Lone Wolf, glock 19 style gun. No glock parts were used, but I have heard of and experienced malfunctions with 115 gr. rounds in G19s, after having no trouble at all with 124 gr. nato.

View attachment 4689View attachment 4690View attachment 4691
Nice looking pistol there REV1NRA. I'm also glad to hear that I'm not the only one experiencing issues with the G19 (I know I've read it on other forums, but this is the first for a forum that I'm participating on ...thanks

Don't like the Glock grip angle, so I'll be building a 19 ploymer 80 clone whenever the prices get back to reasonable. Will it do something better than what I already have, probably not, but it sounds like fun.
The one I built you see above, is a real good shooter. Probably as accurate as my beretta 92. I feel the trigger and barrel upgrade is the best improvement you can do for a glock or clone.

Back