testtest

Glock 26.5

I was finally able to take my month old Glock 26.5 out to the range to let it eat today. I had a glock 33 round mag, 3 Glock 10 rounders, 1 Glock 15 round mag, 3 Amend 2 18 round mags, 1 Magpul 17 round mag, and 1 Magpul 27 round mag in my bag with me.

I am happy to report that the outing was a huge success. I took it straight out of the box, no cleaning or oiling beforehand. It fired all 176 rounds from all the various magazines with no problems.

I thought I was going to have a problem with the slide stop as it was a bit hard to manipulate when just playing with the gun with no ammo in it. However, after the first magazine went through the gun, it operated with zero issues.

This is going to be a great EDC gun! I just need one more trip to the range with some hollow point ammo. If it passes that test, I will have my new EDC gun.

Joe

At the risk of offense, and presenting as a know-it-all, you should give some thought to thoroughly checking, cleaning, and lubing new firearms before firing. Enjoy your new pistol.
that's 100% what i have been doing with every new gun that i have bought.

my buddy bought a new Gen 3 G-19, and when he showed it to me, and when i pulled back the slide, the most ear piercing screeching sounds came from that slide.

i field stripped it right away, and found nothing in the slide to even remotely compare to even that "copper looking lube" that Glock uses.

i showed him how to clean, and lube, i even gave him a made up cleaning and lube "kit" till he got his own, and told him, under no circumstances to ever shoot a gun without checking it first for cleanliness and lube.

1692890519158.jpeg

You really should clean and lube a new gun, as @Old_Me said, some are bone dry, it’s always a good habit to get into on a new gun, and since it’s a Glock, easy to do, enjoy your new pistol!
in fact, my new Remington R1S 1911 came in bone dry.

in sharp contrast, both my Rock Island Armory 1911's were soaked in preservative "oil"(??), that must have taken me like 4 hours each to fully clean, and do a proper lube.

so some go from one extreme to another.

I added a Pull Ring (replaced the back cover plate) from Amazon ($12) and now my Glock 19 Gen 5 is perfect for me(I can rack the slide so much easier with the pull ring...It already had night sites. Tomorrow the Bravo Concealment double mag pouch is scheduled to be delivered (to go with the Bravo Concealment inside and outside the pants holsters..:)) God is Great. Life is Good. You can do much worse than owning and carrying a Glock...:)

The X-grip I ordered for the G19 mag I have arrived today. It slips right on the mag and when I insert the mag into the 26, it feels darn nice. This will be a great backup mag for me. So now I have 10+1 in the gun and 15 more in the backup mag, not to mention that I could carry a 17 rounder as a backup if I wanted.

It is nice to have choices.

Joe

Back