testtest

Glock

While I am not a GlockOPhile or anything, I have better and worse guns, I do love my Glocks for how simple and reliable they are. They remind me of an old 350 engine, simple and you can do hella MODs very easily, heck they are just fun. While a Glock is not currently in my EDC rotation, I have a Glock on either end of my carry life, a G20MOS when hiking/hunting and a G43X for the gym...

If Glock is perfection, why are there so many parts out there that "fixes" an imperfection?

They don't appeal to me, but if they do to you, have at it.
well, they are not fixes, but enhancements.

much like any other firearm that one can buy "replacement/enhancement parts", as such for AR's, 1911's, etc,etc.

just as there are companies that make and sell Glock parts, there are also companies for 1911's, like triggers, hammers. springs, grips, barrels, as there are for Springfields, Rugers, etc,etc.

why do people buy a perfectly good 1911, and want to replace THOSE parts..????

TL/DR: I actually prefer the M&P 9 to a Glock but Glock has better options than the M&P line.

The first SFA gun I ever owned was a M&P9.

I was at a training class that was being held by my church for the security team. I was carrying a Smith and Wesson 6906.

During one of the courses of fire I accidentally engaged the safety on my 6906.

According to the instructor by the time I figured out what had happened if it had been a real gunfight I would have been dead. I decided that day that I was never going to carry a handgun with a manual safety again.

I decided that I preferred an American made product to any foreign made product so I bought an M&P9 over a Glock.

I still have my M&P 9 and it's one of the best handguns I've ever bought.

I bought an M&P 9C for times when I needed a "smaller" gun. This was the original 9C the one they call the sub compact now.

For being a supposably "compact" gun it was almost as big as a Glock 19. I ended up selling it to fund a Glock 19 and about a year or so later I bought a Glock 26 to carry in my pocket (in a pocket holster of course) when I was working "unarmed" assignments at work.

If Smith & Wesson could produce a handgun the size of a Glock 26 that would take an M&P 9 magazine I would buy one. Until they do I'm going to carry my Glock 19 or my Glock 26

Last edited:
Hi,

Am I really going to have to buy a Glock to see what all the fuss is about? Or is there really something to fuss about? Nah, I'll get a free rental at the range first. Some store online was selling used Glock LE trade-ins for not a lot of money, something like $370 for a G17. Is that a decent enough price?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
Try the G17 instead of the G19, some like the feel of the full size G17 over the smaller G19, just a thought

TL/DR: I actually prefer the M&P 9 to a Glock but Glock has better options than the M&P line.

I was at a training class that was being held by my church for the security team. I was carrying a Smith and Wesson 6906.

According to the instructor by the time I figured out what had happened if it had been a real gunfight I would have been dead. I decided that day that I was never going to carry a handgun with a manual safety again.

I decided that I preferred an American made product to any foreign made product so I bought an M&P9 over a Glock.

I bought an M&P 9C for times when I needed a "smaller" gun. This was the original 9C the one they call the sub compact now.

For being a supposably "compact" gun it was almost as big as a Glock 19. I ended up selling it to fund a Glock 19 and about a year or so later I bought a Glock 26 to carry in my pocket (in a pocket holster of course) when I was working "unarmed" assignments at work.

If Smith & Wesson could produce a handgun the size of a Glock 26 that would take an M&P 9 magazine I would buy one. Until they do I'm going to carry my Glock 19 or my Glock 26
They don’t take M&P mags, but the Shield+ is definitely in the G26 size zone…but I get your point about mag commonality; it’s one thing that Glock did EXACTLY right.

I can see myself owning a Glock again someday…I’m really eyeballing the G28.

I'm not sure what smith as calling compact on that model, but on the 2.0 its a 4" and it's the same as a 19 by .02".

My shop has a ported G17, been thinking on it, will try the 17L when I come across one

The 17L is a hoot; run a subsonic 147gr, and you can watch the slide cycle…your sights never really come off target.

Of course, my fave Glock is a G18…critter shoots a mite but fast, though; you’d lock the slide on a 17rd mag dump before the first piece of brass hit the ground…

But, after a couple mags, you could dump the whole thing in the A/B zones at 7 yards; even did a 33rd mag dump and kept them all good at 7.

Fun, fun stuff.

I'd be more inclined to go 34 for an all factory look. But I have a 17 with different barrel lengths for the 17. Works for me.

While on the Glock wagon for whom it applies to...........how's the gen5 triggers compared to previous gens?

For me the grip angle is much less of an issue with the G19 and smaller models.

Only my Gen3 G19s and G20 are still in regular circulation for secondary use, whereas my G20/G21s are repurposed into a different configuration that makes the grip angle mute. The G17 never worked for me.

My Lone Wolf Timber -Wolf long-slide 10mm has the 1911 grip angle so it's still in the cue for woods use.

1713893620787.png
1713893663382.png

Back