testtest

GM going all Electric by 2035

I'm being optimistic about the entire ordeal. Me and mine will endure the upcoming 4 yrs, and hopefully the public will have massive buyers remorse (which is already starting I understand), and then the adults will return to the helm. I've totally had my fill of "green" this and "green" that. I hope I'm alive to see the greenies limp off into the sunset in their "green" machines. Rant over.

Last edited:
I believe that the plan is for the price of a gallon of gas to become so expensive we will be forced to go electric. Gas powered cars and trucks will be taxed off the road as well. Without a considerable investment electricity will be in short supply. I for one don't look forward to the future.

I'm being optimistic about the entire ordeal. Me and mine will endure the upcoming 4 yrs, and hopefully the public will have massive buyers remorse (which is already starting I understand), and then the adults will return to the helm. I've totally had my fill of "green" this and "green" that. I hope I'm alive to see the greenies limp off into the sunset in their "green" machines. Rant over.
Understandable but remember we as the older generation need to leave this world livable for the next generation.

For widespread electric to work, we need to massively update our infrastructure. How many here have added central a/c to a home without it, and it required a panel upgrade? We need to do that to the whole COUNTRY if they expect electric cars to become the norm. Our houses can't handle it; our neighborhood distribution can't handle the load increase; our regional distribution can't handle the load increase; our power GENERATION centers can't handle the load increase.

Cities brown out in the summer when everyone turns on the a/c - what do we think is going to happen when everyone plugs in a car? These aren't alarm clocks - they draw some serious juice.

And...what's going to generate all that power? How much is that upgrade going to cost, per capita?

It's a noble goal...but putting a deadline on it with the tech we have in place currently, and the support infrastructure we have...I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Taxing gasoline through the roof so nobody "wants" to use it, though? I can see that happening anytime after...oh...say...next Thursday. Greed knows no limits.

Its going to be a long time before this all gets real mainstream, and charging all those batteries is a big problem (dont forget what happens to those batteries in 8-10 years when they need to be disposed of).

I will say this is pretty cool way to “store power”

Its going to be a long time before this all gets real mainstream, and charging all those batteries is a big problem (dont forget what happens to those batteries in 8-10 years when they need to be disposed of).

OH, but I will say it is pretty damn fun to slam the peddle down on a Model S...but nothing like the purr and rev of a real engine...

As it happens my dad was the plant manager that brought this project on line. He started out as a young electrical engineer in 1947 with what was then Virginia Electric Power Co (VEPCO) and retired in 1986 after a long career in "the Company".

As it happens my dad was the plant manager that brought this project on line. He started out as a young electrical engineer in 1947 with what was then Virginia Electric Power Co (VEPCO) and retired in 1986 after a long career in "the Company".

that is amazing. It really is a marvel how they do this.

There will never be a way to get away from petroleum. It is a part of everything anymore. Using it for fuel may go away but the petrochemical industry isn't going anywhere. That being said I'm not a fan of electric cars or bikes. I don't think I'll be around long enough to see all-electric and I don't plan on buying another car, truck, or motorcycle in this lifetime. So really for someone my age, this is a moot point. I think we have much bigger issues looming now.

that is amazing. It really is a marvel how they do this.
Water is released from the upper reservoir during periods of high demand and is used to generate electricity. What makes this different from other hydroelectric dams is that during times of low demand, power is taken from coal, nuclear, and other power plants and is used to pump water from the lower to the upper reservoir. Although this plant uses more power than it generates, it allows these other plants to operate at close to peak efficiency for an overall cost savings. Back Creek and Little Back Creek, the water sources used to create the reservoirs, have a relatively small flow rate. However, since water is pumped between the reservoirs equally, the only water taken from these creeks now that the reservoirs are full is to replace the water lost to evaporation. During operation, the water level fluctuates by over 105 feet (30 m) in the upper reservoir and 60 feet (20 m) feet in the lower reservoir.

When generating power, the water flow can be as much as 13.5 million US gallons (51,000 m3) per minute (850 m3/s). When storing power, the flow can be as much as 12.7 million US gallons (48,000 m3) per minute (800 m3/s).From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bath_County_Pumped_Storage_Station_satellite_view.png

You have some deer in your area with serious gastric issues. 🤦‍♂️😳🙄😂😂😂
Figure of speech of course. It doesn't have to get very windy around here to lose power. All of the wiring up here is strung on poles. The newer developments are underground of course, but they are fed by the poles. Vicious cycle. I'm thinking if everyone is plugging there cars in, the current infrastructure wont take it. (around here anyway) Very condensed population in this part of NE.

Government Motors pledges to go all electric by 2035. I wish I could say I was shocked. I guarantee you they lose a massive percentage of their share of the market. I predict within 5 years they reintroduce traditional models.

I guess I'll keep an eye out for a electric scooter
I picked up a Segway Ninebot ES2 on Black Friday and gave it to my wife on Christmas. More so as a joke than anything, knowing the kids would always use it. I will admit, that thing is a blast and a great way to get around. My wife will let the kids use it, but she likes it enough that it's hers for keeps.

Figure of speech of course. It doesn't have to get very windy around here to lose power. All of the wiring up here is strung on poles. The newer developments are underground of course, but they are fed by the poles. Vicious cycle. I'm thinking if everyone is plugging there cars in, the current infrastructure wont take it. (around here anyway) Very condensed population in this part of NE.
I get it it just sounded funny.

Back