testtest

Go bags! Where would you go?

I have two bags. One can be used as a ‘get home bag’, the other for a ‘bug out bag’. My first choice is to remain home, and I’m never really far from it being retired & such. It’s where I have most everything including a full house generator with spare back up portable if required. If the SHTF, I live near the Appalachian Trail (AT) & State Reserve & could always head out there. Great topic RandomHero.
I thought about the AT but something tells me the trail may be over traveled and not so safe when SHTF.

With over 330 million in this country and more guns and ammo than people, nearly everyone who isn't completely useless with have or will obtain a firearm and/or other weapons. Anywhere and everywhere any of you think it's best and safe to go, I guarantee you that tens of thousands of others will have the same exact idea.

Me personally, I'd try to align myself with which ever group of people that had the most numbers, resources, and power to try and ride it out with. Strength in numbers.

Last edited:
Bugging out and living off the land on your own, or with your family, is largely a fantasy for 99.9% of the population. Things will get very tribal, very quickly, and you're going to want to make sure you are part of the right tribe. What skills do you bring to a group?

Last edited:
Bugging out and living off the land on your own, or with your family, is largely a fantasy for 99.9% of the population. Things will get very tribal, very quickly, and you're going to want to maker sure your part of the right tribe.
Yup... Even good people will become desperate and will do what they have to for themselves and family to survive including taking from others. A small family with resources sheltering in place is just a lamb that will eventually be surrounded by wolves. Your resources and, sad to say, your women will bring an onslaught of interest. Being confined in one space/home puts you at a disadvantage and those on the outside at an advantage IMHO.

This is why my goal would be to combine resources, numbers, and other wise be a part of an organized militia filled with people with different skillsets vs the whole entire "bugout" and "shelter in place" fallacy in a true SHTF, WROL, and survival of the fittest situation. I realize that I don't see and think about things like most others on internet gun forums do, so YMMV.

There are still places 99.9% of the people don't know exist and will have a really hard time accessing. And several hundred acres of it happens to belong to my family. And it adjoins about 400 acres owned by a close friend of mine. And all the neighboring landowners are either kin or close friends of someone in my family. And not a 1/2 hour away is a giant clan of my wife's large and completely insane family. And god don't even know how much land they own. All of these places are difficult to find and nearly impossible to access unnoticed.

That said, I am in a place that's not impossible to defend and have the people and plans in place to implement it if necessary. Only two ways in and one of them requires a boat. And you aren't getting closer than a couple thousand yards of me before I know you're coming. So come correct.

I'm 54 years old and unafraid to die. So whatever......

If it comes to that, I intend to die at home atop a pile of hot brass
1678591075864.gif

Im by your side !!

Back