testtest

GOA going after another rino.

Full disclosure: A long time ago, I wrote our Senators and my Representative on an issue of national importance. Cornyn's office was the only one which responded by letter, and later a staffer phoned me for further info. At least for that, I respected him and his office for the response. But again, that was eons ago.

Having said that, the public perception of Texas historically being a strong "gun state" is misplaced. If you talk culturally, yes. If you talk legally, no. It wasn't until the late 90s that a courageous state representative named Suzanna Gratia Hupp, whose parents were killed in the Luby's massacre, managed to bull through Texas' first concealed carry bill. This was signed into law by Gov. Bush, so at least he did the right thing on that occasion.

It's important to note that Texas is not some monolithic red state; not just when it comes to firearms, but a whole host of issues. With the exception of Ted Cruz, every pol plays to the varied interests especially to state agencies which lean left. Cornyn and a host of so-called conservative representatives are no different. And I don't know why he thinks he should get the nod, except as a monitor of Trump's actions similar to Pence's role.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I forgot to add that when Ted Cruz was re-elected it was by the slimmest of margins; about 4 points or thereabouts. And this was against Beto the Buffoon. Gives you some idea of what conservatives are up against.

Back