testtest

Going 10-Rounds with the Springfield Hellcat

Well, I bet an awful lot of us are going to want to buy a couple of these ten-round mags, just in case.
I'm no fan of magazine restrictions forcing manufacturers to redesign their products, but I do like the option of the flush fit magazine. I like my Hellcat, but never was a fan of the grip extension on the 11-round mag. If I wanted more grip surface, I'd rather have the advantage off the additional ammo in the 13-round mag. The flush fit 10-round mag offers a nice concealment advantage. I'll probably buy at least one of them.

I'm no fan of magazine restrictions forcing manufacturers to redesign their products, but I do like the option of the flush fit magazine. I like my Hellcat, but never was a fan of the grip extension on the 11-round mag. If I wanted more grip surface, I'd rather have the advantage off the additional ammo in the 13-round mag. The flush fit 10-round mag offers a nice concealment advantage. I'll probably buy at least one of them.
I'd have to dig through my box, but I could swear my Hellcat came with a flush-fit baseplate for the 11-rd mag...

edit: yup, flush baseplate in the box. Damned if I can find the 11-rd mag though...hm. Maybe it's in the workshop after my last plinking session.

I'd have to dig through my box, but I could swear my Hellcat came with a flush-fit baseplate for the 11-rd mag...

edit: yup, flush baseplate in the box. Damned if I can find the 11-rd mag though...hm. Maybe it's in the workshop after my last plinking session.
I'll have to check my box again. I bought my Hellcat when the model was first released. I'm not usually an early adopter, but my LGS is a Springfield LE retailer and for some reason made a bunch of the first releases available to active and retired LEO's at a great price. I'm fairly positive that mine didn't come with a flat baseplate. I do not know if the Springfield LE models come with different magazine options than retail guns (like Glock does with many of their Blue Label models), or if they are just retail models sold at a discount. All I really remember is that we all had our guns for what seemed like a long time before any extra magazines were available for sale.

Back