testtest

Going Too Far: Self-Defense Vs. Excessive Force

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member

A discussion on the extremely fine line between self-defense and excessive force.

1705014082983.png

Is she really “Tea Cupping” that pistol😱😱
That's not her biggest problem.

She SHOULD be SHOOTING, because she is less than two-tenths of a second (faster than human reaction time) from being disarmed and having her own gun used against her in one way or another. :oops:

Well, that's assuming that the long-haired individual in the pic is or at least identifies as a woman. ;)

That's not her biggest problem.

She SHOULD be SHOOTING, because she is less than two-tenths of a second (faster than human reaction time) from being disarmed and having her own gun used against her in one way or another. :oops:

Well, that's assuming that the long-haired individual in the pic is or at least identifies as a woman. ;)
Well, that was on my #2 list 😉😁

Pick me, Pick me. I want to be on the 7-ellevn employee's jury. :devilish:
"In the 7-Eleven case, I could see that the thief communicated he was giving up after receiving strikes with the stick 10 times." If he can communicate that he is giving up after 10 whacks with a stick, you're doing it wrong, and he has enough energy to get up and fight you. Hit him one more time for me.

This happened 20 minutes from my home and it’s much ado about nothing. There are no charges being brought against the store employees. Not sure if 7-11 took any action.

From a pure self-defense perspective, it does appear a bit over the top. There wasn’t a threat to them from what I could see. I also think that the guy recording was over selling the fact that the thief might have died.

This happened 20 minutes from my home and it’s much ado about nothing. There are no charges being brought against the store employees. Not sure if 7-11 took any action.

From a pure self-defense perspective, it does appear a bit over the top. There wasn’t a threat to them from what I could see. I also think that the guy recording was over selling the fact that the thief might have died.
But it's indicative of living in WokeMerica 2024. Better to learn the lessons NOW, for FREE, than to be found guilty of some outrageous charge and become the "test case." :eek:

I still remember the clerk in Mississippi that gave up the cash to an armed robber, and the robber then straight executed him. Just cause you complied does not mean you still won’t be killed. The guy in that restaurant had no idea if the robber would just start shooting people.

The excessive force thing is tough because what if it really is adrenaline, sure training helps. But it seems like it is hard to judge in the moment if 3 or 5 or 10 shots is enough. But you can’t tell me cops don’t do the same thing where they quickly dump a mag into someone either. Not that cops are super trained either always but still.

What most CCW classes don’t teach is, If your case goes to trial and even if you did everything right there is still about a 10% chance you’ll catch a conviction. And some jurisdictions would be higher (Seattle, San Fransico etc)

We don’t have a Justice system we have had a legal system the last 20 some years.

That's an excellent strategy for ducking out of jury duty. Well played! ;)
Isn't it? But I'm dead serious. OfCourse being on the other side of the country not likely to happen. Still, I'm retired, nothing better to do with my time, am a stiff-necked old sob, so when we of the jury walk out, the 7-Eleven employees would be found innocent, a strongly worded statement condemning the D.A. for bringing the case to begin with, and a request to the Judge to bring the DA up before whatever board can pull his/her licenses to practice for being criminally stupid, irresponsible and a general @$$ hat.

Isn't it? But I'm dead serious. OfCourse being on the other side of the country not likely to happen. Still, I'm retired, nothing better to do with my time, am a stiff-necked old sob, so when we of the jury walk out, the 7-Eleven employees would be found innocent, a strongly worded statement condemning the D.A. for bringing the case to begin with, and a request to the Judge to bring the DA up before whatever board can pull his/her licenses to practice for being criminally stupid, irresponsible and a general @$$ hat.

There are a couple issues. One they usually throw out folks that are retired LE from a Jury selection and go with the 70 some year old 52 year school teacher who this is her 4th trial she was selected for.

As far as the Prosecutor while we all have seen the shady or overzealous Narcissists or activists Prosecutors and Judges everyone gets worked up about Wualified Immunity. What people should be wanting repealed is Absolute Immunity.

Absolute Immunity is what protects Judges and Prosecutors from any condemnation of prosecutors prosecuting a case that obviously shouldn’t be (remember they only need beyond a reasonable doubt to win not to make somebody go through the motions)
or rubber stamping stuff. That would be a first step of getting it back to being a Justice system!

There was a case here in MN a few years ago that perfectly illustrates this point.

A guy was having problems with burglaries in his home. So…he made it look like he wasn’t home; guy broke in, he shot—but didn’t kill—him. Few minutes later, burglar’s girlfriend enters home. Shoots but doesn’t kill her. Both are incapacitated.

So far—clean shoot, imho, and by MN law.

Then, after taunting them for a while…

Yeah. He was recording this.

Anyway, he shoots them both in the head.

And then calls the cops…the next day. After consulting with his brother.

He’s rotting in prison on two life sentences for 1st degree murder, and, imho, rightfully so.

Back