testtest

Good for S&W.

good for them.

sad to see yet another New England, or northern company move away, but with the overall dislike of guns, in this part of the country, it was a great move on thier part.

i have not read on any plans for the former buildings...i cannot seem to find any pictures of it, nor the factory, but i am certain it'll be turned into high dollar condos.

good for them.

sad to see yet another New England, or northern company move away, but with the overall dislike of guns, in this part of the country, it was a great move on thier part.

i have not read on any plans for the former buildings...i cannot seem to find any pictures of it, nor the factory, but i am certain it'll be turned into high dollar condos.
When I heard an interview by the CEO of S&W (maybe on Gun Talk), he said they’d still be keeping the place in Mass. and producing some firearms there. I was thinking maybe revolvers or pistols that were allowable in Mass. under their laws. I’m not sure if those plans have changed since the interview though.

I was at their grand opening festival yesterday. It was quite a nice party. Unfortunately no tours of the plant but lots of their products to look at and many other vendors. Live music, food, shooting demos from all the S&W pro team. All of the proceeds went to local charities. They will be a great asset to this area of Tennessee.

When I heard an interview by the CEO of S&W (maybe on Gun Talk), he said they’d still be keeping the place in Mass. and producing some firearms there. I was thinking maybe revolvers or pistols that were allowable in Mass. under their laws. I’m not sure if those plans have changed since the interview though.
They might make the super-low capacity MA & CA compliant mags with a capacity of exactly 0 🙃

Agreed. SA, you listening? Ruger?
bueller.gif

well, i did not read, or hear that, but it is "some" good news.

however i find it to be "irony"(???) that the gun haters will love to see any gun maker leave, yet wait with intrepid anticipation for those high dollar apartments or condos, in those very same buildings that they hated so much for what they produced, not only in products, but in sales, and tax, and employment revenues, that maybe even some of thier own FAMILY members worked there and SUPPORTED them as they grew up...

Now if S&W will remove that silly lock on the side plate of their revolvers, I resume buying them. I haven't bought a new one since they did that. Pretty please S&W!
i have a 686+ and i just keep a key in my range bag, "just in case" somehow the vibrations lock it up. which after several high powered 357 magnums have failed to do so..

otherwise, i have seen a video (or 2) that show how to remove the inner workings of those locks.

but i don't let some things bother me, as much anymore at my age.....

one small blue pill, or one square piece of Ex-Lax, and i'm going in one direction, or another....to be worried about such miniscule things.

well, i did not read, or hear that, but it is "some" good news.

however i find it to be "irony"(???) that the gun haters will love to see any gun maker leave, yet wait with intrepid anticipation for those high dollar apartments or condos, in those very same buildings that they hated so much for what they produced, not only in products, but in sales, and tax, and employment revenues, that maybe even some of thier own FAMILY members worked there and SUPPORTED them as they grew up...
Just a FYI, this interview was done at the recent S&W Grand opening in Tennessee, by Gun Talk's Ryan Gresham talking with S&W CEO Mark Smith. It's 13:45 minutes in duration and at approximately the 5:00 mark, the CEO mentioned that the Springfield Massachusetts facility would remain opening producing revolvers and forging parts and materials etc.

Just a FYI, this interview was done at the recent S&W Grand opening in Tennessee, by Gun Talk's Ryan Gresham talking with S&W CEO Mark Smith. It's 13:45 minutes in duration and at approximately the 5:00 mark, the CEO mentioned that the Springfield Massachusetts facility would remain opening producing revolvers and forging parts and materials etc.

well good, at least some jobs are saved.

Back