testtest

Good morning - last Saturday in Feb.

It's a balmy 12° here with 12 inchs of fresh powder on the ol' homestead.

View attachment 25132
Very nice,yes its nice to have hot summer days but you can't beat winter to be outside temp -lots fresh snow and be lucky enough to be the first to walk in it,freezing cold can't feel your fingers makes you realise how lucky you are to have a safe and warm house to go home to,far too many unfortunate people don't have a warm and safe place to stay.
Sorry might have gone on a bit

You got it, born & bred 75yrs ago ...... sorta like 'god's country'!!! :D:D
I'll be visiting you in Florida for Daytona Bikeweek in a few more days. It will be good to get the Harley out of the garage and get some riding time in.

This last month in western PA has been my toughest. A month ago I took a bad fall on the icy driveway and hit the front of my head on our truck, spun and hit the back of my head on the concrete driveway bad. Laid there out cold for a while, a bloody mess and a concussion. Been nursing it since then but doing better now. So I'm ready for some warmth!

I'll be visiting you in Florida for Daytona Bikeweek in a few more days. It will be good to get the Harley out of the garage and get some riding time in.

This last month in western PA has been my toughest. A month ago I took a bad fall on the icy driveway and hit the front of my head on our truck, spun and hit the back of my head on the concrete driveway bad. Laid there out cold for a while, a bloody mess and a concussion. Been nursing it since then but doing better now. So I'm ready for some warmth!
Pick, glad it seems everything turned out, relatively, OK, could have been so much worse. . Hope you are back to 100%.

You take good care of yourself Bear007 glad you are on the mend keep the chrome side up have a great ride

Glad to hear it was no worse than it was. Hope all is healing up and about back to normal.

Man how I wish I could join you there. But alas, after moving to the retirement community, I just didn't have a functional place to store my HD so after seeing it go down hill in "pretty and clean" for a few months, I decided to sell it.

I continue to think maybe one day of buying another one, but time moves on and waits for no man ..... especially an old man!!!! But y'all have a good time and be careful/be safe.

I lived in Tampa a few times. I liked Florida well enough, but let's be clear, "God's Country" is South Dakota or Montana. Possibly Idaho. If my wife is ever smart enough to leave me I will immediately relocate to The Black Hills.
Well, I've got to admit that it's probably part of 'God's country'. I've hunted Montana a couple times and visited both N and S Dakota several times and they're as pretty country as there is. In fact our 'yard' son still lives in N Dakota, probably for the next 3-4 yrs till both his girls graduate from school.

What you missed about the real Florida is by being trapped in Tampa. Man, that's nowhere near the real Florida. Go inland to some of the wilderness and even swampy areas to see the real Florida. The Kissimmee Valley for one, a natural waterway from just south of DisneyWorld all the way south to Lake Okeechobee. Just under 100 miles of natural river and marshlands where many years ago wild cows ran free with not a fence law in sight, the many 'chains' of lakes in and around central Florida for another. Many of these areas have been 'tourist-ized' over the years, but if you're here long enough you'll see there's more than Tampa ....... and no, DisneyWorld does not constitute but a very small amount of central Florida. (y)(y)(y)

Get well soon Sir and a speedy recovery from the both of us 🇺🇸

Back