testtest

Good Optics/Grip for Saint Victor .308??

I run a quick detach scope mount on all my scopes.

the scope you decide on will come in either of 2 sizes. 30mm or 1” tube.

buy the scope of choice then the mount.

here is a nice selection from primary arms for comparison, but shop around once you decide on a budget.
I personally use the Vortex mounts.

A1D962D3-7D7F-4FD1-8C33-322F03D72F06.jpeg

Sooooo, I kinda bought a Sig M400 Tread yesterday because my LGS got one in and it was the right price. (My gf says I have a problem, and that this is too expensive of a hobby. She's right but i'll never let her know that).

So i'm thinking at this point I should just take that Vortex off of the .308 above and put it on the Tread, and get an LPVO for the .308

I guess my confusion or question here is ... Rings. How do I know what rings I need to get?

Pic for attention/showing off below.
View attachment 15931
I'm glad you did that. I was going to recommend saving the red dot for a 5.56 and buying an actual scope. I mean it is a .308 and you are in Texas. Surely you can find a bare 1000 yards in which to shoot. :)

Sooooo, I kinda bought a Sig M400 Tread yesterday because my LGS got one in and it was the right price. (My gf says I have a problem, and that this is too expensive of a hobby. She's right but i'll never let her know that).

So i'm thinking at this point I should just take that Vortex off of the .308 above and put it on the Tread, and get an LPVO for the .308

I guess my confusion or question here is ... Rings. How do I know what rings I need to get?

Pic for attention/showing off below.
View attachment 15931
I use both RDS and Scope on my .308.
Usually about 2x a yr I take the scope off and put the rds back on the .308 and run close in shooting. Get tired of the longe range plinking and bring it in close.

i use the RDS for hogs that way at a 40 yrd feeder. Fun times

Well, I got the LPVO and moved the RDS to the Sig 5.56 but I've run into a small issue of having the space/equipment to mount the scope to the .308. properly. Will need to wait for a friend of mine to get back in town to put the scope on the .308 :mad:.

Sig looks good though! Just need to zero it.
PXL_20210314_214805781.jpg

@ddeuce22 - I know from your other thread that you'd recently sold the Saint .308....did you sell your optic with it?

If so, before you start-in with your replacement .308, I'd like to re-explore this purchase with you. :)

^ I was just thinking that for a gun that can reach a bit of distance, that you might want to really sit on the purchase until you can get something better, so that as you do start to stretch that distance, you won't have to "spend-twice/again." :)

I believe you posted previously that you have yet to shoot beyond 200 yards with the .308, is this still the case?

^ I was just thinking that for a gun that can reach a bit of distance, that you might want to really sit on the purchase until you can get something better, so that as you do start to stretch that distance, you won't have to "spend-twice/again." :)

I believe you posted previously that you have yet to shoot beyond 200 yards with the .308, is this still the case?

Yes, unfortunately it had so many issues I never got the chance to feel comfortable enough to take it out to distances worthy of the cartridge. Being that it was a 1-4X, I sold it with the rifle knowing that the next one I get will be something with better magnification.

^ Let's talk more before then - and get others in on the fun, too. :)

Remember that magnification is only part of the equation. A good 4x can be considerably better than a not-so-great 6x or an outright bad 10x.

With a .308, you'll be able to start to probe distance in ways that I cannot, with my .223. You deserve good glass. ;) This is really why I posted here, because I was thinking that you may have sold the entire setup - and also because in having both the Crossfire and the Viper, I was able to "see" what you were asking about in a nearly exact 1:1 experience way, and was thinking that maybe we could have helped you spend your money a bit better.

That painful "buy-once, cry-once" really starts to apply when you start adding yardage!

I appreciate that very much. Luckily the optic cost me nothing out of pocket thanks to amazon gift cards/rewards points, this time around. While it was actually a nice optic, I was happy to sell it all as a package as the buyer seemed pretty interested in all of it together. I ended up making money on the deal so i'm not too upset over it.

When i'm ready to replace the .308 i'll without a doubt spend more on optics this time around than I did previously. Having the Vortex cost me nothing out of pocket was one of the driving factors in going with that LPVO. Made room in the budget for other add-ons and the all important ammo I didn't have at the time I bought the .308.

I appreciate that very much. Luckily the optic cost me nothing out of pocket thanks to amazon gift cards/rewards points, this time around. While it was actually a nice optic, I was happy to sell it all as a package as the buyer seemed pretty interested in all of it together. I ended up making money on the deal so i'm not too upset over it.

When i'm ready to replace the .308 i'll without a doubt spend more on optics this time around than I did previously. Having the Vortex cost me nothing out of pocket was one of the driving factors in going with that LPVO. Made room in the budget for other add-ons and the all important ammo I didn't have at the time I bought the .308.
When you look at optics make sure you look at Sig Sauer, the Sierra3BDX line are incredible scopes, you can get them bundled with a rangefinder and an app on your phone for ballistics. They all communicate through Bluetooth. Check them out.

Back