testtest

Got a CZ 75 today

youngolddude

Professional
It's getting to where there is not much out there that I want. Then the CZ 75 occurred to me. Long story short, I found one today, a lightly used 75 B Omega with 3 magazines and it followed me home. Honest. At Happy Hour later the wife asked, what do you want for your birthday? I got it, I said with the CZ and the grips I ordered for my Hi Power clone. Life is good. Maybe I can go shooting tomorrow, the weather is supposed to be nice. We'll see.

That's the beauty of firearms. There is something for everyone and we all have different tastes. I have a 1911, a 629, a Hi Power clone and a CZ 75. I have multiple micro nines, cowboy revolvers, rifles and shotguns. I don't have the time to treat this harem properly, but by God, it is fun switching things around. It's a wonderful conundrum to have.

I've never owned a CZ75 but have wanted to for a long time. Last year I bought one of these CO2 replicas and like it a lot. Size, shape and weight seem to be spot-on and functioning is flawless. SA trigger pull is very light--probably 3 pounds or less--but the DA is long, heavy and rough--reminds me of my old S&W first-gen M59. It's a LOT of fun to shoot in the basement for about a penny a shot.

https://www.pyramydair.com/product/cz-75-co2-bb-pistol?m=3480#6695

PY-3480_CZ-75-CO2-BB_1463168476.jpg

I've never owned a CZ75 but have wanted to for a long time. Last year I bought one of these CO2 replicas and like it a lot. Size, shape and weight seem to be spot-on and functioning is flawless. SA trigger pull is very light--probably 3 pounds or less--but the DA is long, heavy and rough--reminds me of my old S&W first-gen M59. It's a LOT of fun to shoot in the basement for about a penny a shot.

https://www.pyramydair.com/product/cz-75-co2-bb-pistol?m=3480#6695

PY-3480_CZ-75-CO2-BB_1463168476.jpg
looks like a baretta and a high power had a baby

For me 75's rank right up there with 1911's & Hi-Powers as all time classics in all-metal semi-autos.

The Pyramydair C02 CZ-75 replica is patterned after the Retro-B. Might have to get one.

My .02
I want one.

A story on "Decades" last night sent me down a rabbit hole on Czechoslovakia. From it's creation after WWI and independence from the Austro-Hungarian empire, through the nazi occupation, the betrayal by France up to the present. Including the minutiae surrounding it's history of citizen's rights to armed self defense and the details of Czechia's current gun laws. It turns out most Czech concealed carriers and gun owners have CZ-75s with Glocks coming in a distant second.
The Czech people, including their government officials, have the same pragmatic view of an armed citizenry and it's effect on crime as we here on this forum do.

It's getting to where there is not much out there that I want. Then the CZ 75 occurred to me. Long story short, I found one today, a lightly used 75 B Omega with 3 magazines and it followed me home. Honest. At Happy Hour later the wife asked, what do you want for your birthday? I got it, I said with the CZ and the grips I ordered for my Hi Power clone. Life is good. Maybe I can go shooting tomorrow, the weather is supposed to be nice. We'll see.
when i first started into this sport, the LGS had both the blue and Polished SS CZ's. i told the salesman back then, i wasn't out to impress anyone with the SS and it was like $200 more than the blued.

CZ stopped making the polished one, but continues to produce the blued.

given that now i have many SS guns of all calibers, i look back and think, "i should have taken that polished one"

the only thing i have done to mine, was switch out the plastic grips for CZ rubber ones.

it is "said" that at or about, 5,000 rds, to replace the RSA, which those and the roll pins for the firing pin, i have bought from Cajun Gun Works, to keep on hand...

more on the roll pins later, if you need more info..

and MOST IMPORTANTLY........

DO NOT DRY FIRE THIS GUN....EVER.....OR YOU WILL BE REPLACING THOSE ROLLS PINS......!!!!!!

see the rear serrations area..???...that's where the firing pin, roll pin is located......

loasse4SbKtj4t6ZViikt66nBrZhBmi-IMVpOMI06oS-9hhHDq7rl3ulK7acHNY9waaTL_yBH1rlMAA880GwEhzU_Iz7DahBL339AXX1mHdWt5vJS1XaY20cGJTRF_AeUU8ZJIBfqYTKILckA2W4GFcz6w4POY0mgfi8-teQlgGqgcfZ_MbQSvv65aeY-FVGP4MwVdfE70YamDnOH436PD92t1MijOofY0oy6u1-Mn-wvTA1kG2ONW45BIvoeOFaPA70TgBhtFjXUnj0hXaVmTEsdotk3gcssJg8-a18_38f56DE_paAhlL_wzsoB-_MJotSEAAxtzn_L79o7-skaqOMX2rEXwfBRKbMnm_efzbkmbq1Xo5WupO4VMAdMUsiWa-WQD085c-J6KX8I0exVQHuycvXLY_7wPTpav3CyLlpXoyQbxVVQiXtgJZV2YC2gmAPD4HHHOhTHwl19BsaoeAsu8A7PilDGJthaiz5iJYD5dkdJ-OvJbMXTIQaKA7cGeF2QwdHvF-uTyJK_UpB-eM6N3kC0upfKqNiN-gEO3cmfaL9qxMO3JvmPMTvtNIRHZ-KWC_dT7KoLCHH9P-z-4VguQuzLh6UNF0EAdoRsX2p00cbn8j5kFSjvWPYVNA_3rlVUccqG0RqgQxvSbiP5GlwbhY2WzPNaChQCWsdlL0cTKmT16R35uhQ3IPEG3izstBdcsRCVg16g81Cx2TwUJfRVPybkEhO50yIsFzaheQsQaNjtR1Roix11o3qw9WgGTE0z4sYioqf4ocscqQhHQUFlCJbc1IWevK6yDuRZ3199xmcbaGVdNJJAxWjxN-xrxCj-oO-G5AT_lbOHuomhEVsjcUSE4BF4-rAleih1z0ld6c81FGnwHddyj0mUihYqBiZCD-0HOHno1dzHLIWidhYhI2Lvg8iZFWGIUsvCzZdGuU=w1250-h937-no

here is a picture of the firing pin, roll pin that gets damaged if you dry fire.....

img_1323-jpeg.172971

all you have to do to "check" on that roll pin, is to LOOK thru that roll pin from time to time...

start to see it's closing up..???

REPLACE IT

a picture of the CZ Omega, so if this is what you have?

you have that roll pin

cz-75-b-omega-convertible-9mm-luger-46in-black-pistol-161-rounds-1433401-1.jpg

Last edited:
I bought it because it looked like the closest thing available to a P35. When I measured the critical "feel dimensions" against a real P35, the numbers were surprisingly close, but to me it doesn't "feel" like a P35 at all. But that's okay, I've learned to appreciate and enjoy shooting it for itself. ;)
The trigger is interesting and the grip angle seems like something that might work for me?

Back