testtest

Got that new Canik Mete SFX

i had asked the gun store owner, when they were going to get them in. the son said they were getting in 4,.... 3 thursdays ago.

but each time i went there, they only had one, and it was the SFT, not the SFX, that i wanted.

got there today, the owners son said, that he DID get it in, and hid it in the back for me. but no one knew about this.

so it was there, i bought it in a New York minute.

5.25" barrel,

and all of this, for under list pricing

includes

• NEW Holster Fit-and-Lock (HFL) k Retention Holster
  • NEW Easy In/Easy out push pins and modular disassembly
  • NEW Ergonomically redesigned beavertail
  • NEW Integrated flared mag-well
  • NEW Angled rear sight edge for emergency one-hand operation
  • NEW Co-Witness optics ready slide cut
  • NEW Optics-ready slide accept the the Trijicon RMRcc and Shield RMS/RMSc footprint micro optics
  • NEW Low profile ambidextrous slide stop release for easier engagement during competition
  • Barrel and slide have an ultra-durable Tungsten-Grey Cerakote®-over-Nitride on the colored models
  • Short reset Single-Action trigger design with nickel-coated action components
  • 3-Dot white sights
  • Aggressive front and rear slide serrations for positive-traction handling
  • 1913 Picatinny under-barrel rail
  • Loaded chamber indicator
  • Side reversible magazine catch
  • Alternate backstraps for a custom fit
  • Includes a hard case, two standard capacity magazines, magazine E-Z loader, Speed mag-well, extra back strap, two optics bases, reversible IWB/OWB holster, Canik punch and toolkit, cleaning kit, gun lock, and manual
  • Includes one 20 round and one 18 round magazine
  • trigger lock
GLlBuLF1R4s7OM8hpaP2dhSvmXcl7FCAxb_Abj44yhZvwMi1UjYxXDqxifQv_fAx1RoayArFgxVLqfiRz0-CIYQT2C_SQz9Ly4izpcHmyawHVfp9oqVU3S5yN8E9-ZmcZbwd437erSrlvOdsn6K9IzNGCm81iSwYn4YtlWrW_wRO5_4XDw-4oo7GUA4TkMNAc-u9QzNGf4SIqlEUfl13QL9lFNI55VeEhlEDe8WzhkUFsgtz4kaKSNiI5B_SgjPxKXkL0xClltw2pyhvLklaKLc5JHGZivBe-_QKxNjWcUDgUntFimYZ31nOdx6aYyZICm2qCZeIyipgyh3AZUz8ySgpX4Ln_M34BISawmbQL6RPKLnnRu37k5vrSaBd_gSrkICMLQC6uZiu2WLq0zpR1O62ewpPUpyprrBQ9Wlx0SoTLgTbxaJEFzyVggqheAB9fOMLrv1NwAgHKgps4rm_Dqq9smNCSFROcFwWBp58WdKRRPE2kp2VAHJpzKbESoSHKrB5-sWnhzSmya5JOfvOwPzFQla4whvjJp458tOpQcgBnuPt-M7CTNJq8kJhMhhQvEWTMX8C6Yl-wVE5Yr-xb0pypczM1sKm1YaQRAayAFh40oODAMEOEcNKn5jEeDci9IsxDI5ipxJy8xDSMoHn_4O-jPpiUDkfal9UJf3s-uQjHEF8sW7zVnDrYNBEcm0YYcIDoibB0GY8diC2Ttn1H-g=w1250-h937-no

qTUHcL3GCrH0JZvyL5SzcglvA3749BKkf_ONbDTBB49hHYTmqGtMn-nPgnU6I2u2OLpHpD-8eYRhwn9vZ599v8ugbEnc6C9m3l61odlLUCMGNaaIEc-Z7epm2dN_9wNAXXdkt0O8W6z-2X0dtCWqJPZa3zaAUF4q6rAaCkKJeJ3M4GlYrXfTTvasDkDilLaRhlHz35P1CsIS5bOH1gvyJ-ELqiJw0Javkz_S_97ESES21ZLzH-x_H5DhBMYSJA4zkU1qunk0oqHPqXmXUwn-dNcQ2n_81cqADzHHStV2ZC_KYp4LpJPozfZs7HUUi5mlGxJ7RyL6FRINNrTDHRa7Ka1kZ1BxciB_ri0hV8QSB5JgQBOVoXX5pOP0005Q82aAzuihu9d660PYCCOpTlZs_iDx1GaBMO2YSKqCPLnV064jfNbrdVdUTdtFpyh-ClJO0PBl4WmUrQZVOH8AH8xEAaXyrfmdxgB1VU8mJwo0dmYiLqpG8FEAbbIa16bAHcH6Tw0ayJhH8av5yB9JsBGOTuL9F8Or09p0uQGS0CHslakKngCUgHW0t7Hc8oax2IP3QdxSvdDEesqWZ6YkMOYQzhbfc7HN0ytbXPe1r_yai7vOWULlJzqdcf7o27sVrEWH1hlSOjFs19QoFDyE6DKRMXfLZ6RPReBczI0iXAgWPh_NlAMNoPzQjTkUF-f5OaTanh-YxF-HfwyFxrJ2dhlvI3c=w1250-h937-no

C9XwPO8jaemcD-SOAwUoWN9tRTsu44yTbUFQDqD5GqIFu7q_U896GaKWLlN3mrtRcx4bnph0qNrFF3rFzSV8bXFWucpf-sdABYPN3Owh1pOi17kPq74issFnrulKGt4peS2Xtp3FsRBB4VNq-XanSY2MvI9OWVU6Bva4J34e07Zf_eAlNo-n_Vjn0dGwe8kcdzBwOy5rkmVyuXRUVSvHJwleyl5vMTA7KVAWcjcnO7UKZyU5k7Q16MUEkzvEfHxyhsKKComzN0ZNl6o4B_PLiaKLITlFFs8ymkSri-qG78NrSu1FMuJqK8ilvw49rMKYW9QVZ-E2FaktmDhR6uVrkaGmfYBqRhWISGXk5p-lsyoqdFR51e-37a_CvOBoxSzEF3erHt_A7bGKfde2teZckYWz_RC8KkhpbHNVm0qG3eDNdewmQYZXe3JpgoUB4zmHmnzJ1PTkBL7uN5khCcJPLiZq4fSIKT6nsJ397TC-rDu5XLMs4vWEcBCOnN6rbBrs7FM3LuZ5Xqhgr30yP7vUdFv8ZtjyIyQ_a318k6G642pCipyNSeOcE9N-2Zr4Msp75DBh45yQxGu5vMnwPJtIyX_7aQkjEv8VzCMw7zj2eLzy99H8e7Y4aXeAt7wSxdfxTe-EF8Ltk4zn9pF-6U6An9iaYOL-VCkPbiJAE63p1MRK9bHoUexB8huIfpV1RmGj2ALpOKAAZVg2jyUzF4bpmJo=w1250-h937-no

i had a previous Canik, the TP 9 SF, but i sold it, and i liked it, but, well it was just one of those things, to sell it.

i'll keep this one for a while...
Is this the only Canik that doesn’t require removing the back sight to add an optic?

The Mete SFT, SFX and the Elite SC retains the rear sight as well. Mete is now available in black if you don't care for Dark Earth.
when i first started into this sport, all my guns had to be blued (or black). but as time went on, i started buying 2 tone, S.S., and now this METE in the "earth color".

frankly, having an assortment of colors, adds variety to my collection.....

as long as it any of the neon-glow in the dark colors and ain't pink....!!!!!!!

So I don't think I mentioned this, but recently I took a part-time job at Academy to make some extra cash and get that sweet sweet 20% discount on ammo/guns. I work the gun bar and see so many people come in and look at guns in the $300-$500 price range. The Canik's are SO MUCH bang for your buck - pun intended??

I am disappointed that I do not sell more of them. They are fantastic guns with a TON of extra's and accessories. I always try to talk them up but very few bite. Then they go and Buy a SCCY or some other piece of sh*t and I just have to laugh to myself. People are crazy.

So I don't think I mentioned this, but recently I took a part-time job at Academy to make some extra cash and get that sweet sweet 20% discount on ammo/guns. I work the gun bar and see so many people come in and look at guns in the $300-$500 price range. The Canik's are SO MUCH bang for your buck - pun intended??

I am disappointed that I do not sell more of them. They are fantastic guns with a TON of extra's and accessories. I always try to talk them up but very few bite. Then they go and Buy a SCCY or some other piece of sh*t and I just have to laugh to myself. People are crazy.
My friend bought a Canik and it came with spare magazines, backstraps, and a holster included in the carrying case. He really likes it and the trigger is really good.

some people will just not buy a gun made in a foreign country.

so, the heck with them.

i try not to be a gun snob, and as a result, enjoy the many guns i have that are made in other countries.

at a better price too.

I will buy guns made in other countries, but not ALL other countries. May be the gun snob in me, but my personal preference in no particular order is:

US
German
Israeli
Czech
Russian

I have seen ( and shot) some decent Turkish guns. Mainly shotguns. I can't say I wouldn't buy one, but there are other options I will take first. I have never shot a Canik and plenty of people I know and trust speak highly of them. I have no desire to personally own one when there are so many German guns higher up on my list. There is an exhaustive list, however, of guns that I would buy a Canik before buying.

Nice list if you throw out the Russians and add the Italians. I have faith in the Turkish firearms, I own a Tristar O/U and now the Canik. The later based on long term reviews online and by local shooters at my range.

I forgot about the Italians, but until my recent Beretta purchase I don't have any. Russians make good stuff. AKs, Makarovs.
Funny thing about Russian weapons…

The best versions of them tend to not be built by Russia.

For example, the East German Makarov is pretty much universally considered as being superior to the Russian original; and Hungarian, Polish, and East German AK’s were considered the best made AK’s out there.

I don't avoid Russian guns because of quality issues.
I’ve got a Russian Tula ‘47 SKS.

AFAIK, the Russians made the most desirable SKS’s.

It was a Vietnam bring back…(and no, I did NOT bring it back; I purchased it from the person who did).

I got no issues with my Russian Mak, but then I got no issues with the Bulgarian either. In fact, even with basses, the eastern bloc countries all seem to make pretty decent stuff. I have piles of basses, many vintage and very sought after. My favorite is a Spector made in the Czech Republic in 2015.

Canik is the brand that turned me on to Turkish imports. I don't own any of their polymer guns, but I've owned two of their CZ75 clones for years (L120 & C100 imported by TriStar). Those guns had such high build quality that I took a chance on a Beretta Cheetah clone made by Tisas (Fatih 380) that has also run flawlessly. I may pick up one of the polymer Canik offerings one day, but I'm a bigger fan of metal-framed handguns.

I just bought a Canik SFX elite and l have to say I love it. It is a bit front heavy compared to my Glock but I like the way it feels and to me that is the most important part. The extras it came with are just icing on the cake.
I thought it shot very well too. I like the sights at least for now. I would buy another if I didn't need/want another 1911 and some ARs.. :)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Canik is the brand that turned me on to Turkish imports. I don't own any of their polymer guns, but I've owned two of their CZ75 clones for years (L120 & C100 imported by TriStar). Those guns had such high build quality that I took a chance on a Beretta Cheetah clone made by Tisas (Fatih 380) that has also run flawlessly. I may pick up one of the polymer Canik offerings one day, but I'm a bigger fan of metal-framed handguns.
i cannot recall where it was written, either the Canik site, or some review site, that the Canik being a bit front heavy is it's better part in controlling muzzle flip, where as our Glocks just don't.

as for the TriStar clones, i have the original CZ's, so i'd rather not have a clone of them, but i have heard some great things about TriStar.

I just bought a Canik SFX elite and l have to say I love it. It is a bit front heavy compared to my Glock but I like the way it feels and to me that is the most important part. The extras it came with are just icing on the cake.
I thought it shot very well too. I like the sights at least for now. I would buy another if I didn't need/want another 1911 and some ARs.. :)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
my Canik METE SFx, came well equipped for the money, up to and including the IWB/OWB holster, a small tool kit with screws and mounting plates for red dot sights, and an actual trigger lock. no other guns that i can think of, come with all that, for the amazing price of under $500.

The Mete also comes with an accessory mag well flare, 18&20 round mags, a second backstrap, loader, punch tool as well, and a simple cleaning rod & brush.

The Mete also comes with an accessory mag well flare, 18&20 round mags, a second backstrap, loader, punch tool as well, and a simple cleaning rod & brush.
yeah, i personally try to never use any cleaning brush that comes it any gun i buy. i leave that in the case, and if i decide to sell, it'll be new. one more thing to compliment the sale.

Back