testtest

Government Shenanigans

Interestingly, I got a NRA-ILA email regarding this Bill not only allowing written messages to be submitted to my 2 Senators, but then a link to leave a voice mail with them as well. When I clicked on that link, my phone rang with the Caller ID indicating Washington. Since I left my phone info absent when submitting the letters, I thought it might be a spam call, so I let it go to voice mail. The message I received was a recording from Senator Bob Casey (which was the phone link I clicked on), saying something like " I'm glad you called, hit 1 on your phone to leave a message, or hit 2 on your phone to ask for help and my staff will be glad to help you". The message repeated a few times before disconnecting.
I'm not sure how the webpage knew my home phone number, I can only guess since the email that linked to the webpage was addressed to me by name, and was from the NRA which I'm a Lifetime member, they probably have my home phone number on file when I joined to became a member.

Interestingly, I got a NRA-ILA email regarding this Bill not only allowing written messages to be submitted to my 2 Senators, but then a link to leave a voice mail with them as well. When I clicked on that link, my phone rang with the Caller ID indicating Washington. Since I left my phone info absent when submitting the letters, I thought it might be a spam call, so I let it go to voice mail. The message I received was a recording from Senator Bob Casey (which was the phone link I clicked on), saying something like " I'm glad you called, hit 1 on your phone to leave a message, or hit 2 on your phone to ask for help and my staff will be glad to help you". The message repeated a few times before disconnecting.
I'm not sure how the webpage knew my home phone number, I can only guess since the email that linked to the webpage was addressed to me by name, and was from the NRA which I'm a Lifetime member, they probably have my home phone number on file when I joined to became a member.
That is extremely scary that a website can do that.

1655931432446.gif

I get text messages from email accounts mostly all SPAM. Surprised how easy your phone is ID’ed by others even if Show Caller ID is off. There’s no telling what info is really safe and not shared. Watch for Party donation solicitations and alerts to come in and then maybe then you’ll know how secure your phone/email is when you respond to “Contact Your Legislator Now” actions.
IP address is not safe even with using a google phone number or Hide My Email account.

It's the Government man.......................big brother is out there...............like they wouldn't know................

Back