testtest

Grab-n-Go / EDC / Utility Bag

ScottJ

Professional
Founding Member
Have been looking for awhile for a smallish-sized bag as a quick grab-n-go, edc, walk the dog at the park, etc bag and settled on one. Even though reading reviews and other input, decided on the 5.11 Rush MOAB 6 bag. Found it priced at a decent price and ord'd it.

Although it's well-made, YKK zippers, and plenty of small interior stowage pockets, one of the [very minor] fallacies of the bag is that it will tend to lean away from your body, possibly due to strap design. The bag has MOLLE web loops (as most seem to do these days), and I don't tend to use them. However, in adjusting the sling strap I disconnected the strap from the lower buckle and wove it through the MOLLE loops on the side of the bag, then reconnected it to the lower buckle. Voila! No more leaning problem.

Gave it a test run yesterday using it as a makeshift tacklebag when the grandson and I spent a couple of hours fishing at the local lake. Worked fine in a cross-body mode, and I could rotate the bag around to my front to get to fishing gear stowed in the bag. Will continue to fiddle with it for other uses, but am also happy to report that the hidden, quick-access, CCW pocket is large enough to hold my XD Mod2, XDS9, or M&P EZ9. Not sure how it would work with a full-sized pistol.

Strap thru MOLLE loops to prevent "leaning":
20200414_204436.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Rush 72 for a multipurpose bag. They make some nice stuff!
Yes they do. This is my first 5.11 bag, and it's made with quality materials. I have a Blackhawk 3-Day Assault Pack that I've had for a number of yrs, but it's too roomy to be used in an EDC function, imo.

Last edited:
Back