testtest

Grabbing at straws?

That's not quite correct. You are required some forms of permitting and/or licensing to broadcast over public and/or private airways, but you can stand on any street corner (stump) and shout to the heavens with no requirements other than local societal laws/ordinances. But that's what "Freedom of speech" is basically all about ..... being able to speak your mind without redress from/by the gov't. You are not afforded that same protection from the public at large however.
Just like you can walk into a store and buy a pellet gun, or sling shot (speaking on a street corner) but not a 45 1911 (like using a ham radio). However dead people, illegals and everyone else can and have voted. You can not have mental problems and buy a firearm, but you can vote and you can get a license to operate a ham radio.
There are far more restrictions on buying a firearm and I am not saying that a background check and ID are to much to ask to do it. EVEN THOUGH THE 2ND SAYS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. However the same should be applied to voting as well then if that is what they want to buy a firearm. If there are not illegal votes, what is the problem? None, just like law abiding firearm owners (or 99% of them) do not have a problem with a background check and ID, neither should hardly anyone have a problem proving you are a citizen meeting all the required criteria to legally vote. Do you know what the federal fine is for operating a ham radio without a license (speaking to large numbers of people or broadcasting)? In 2013 a guy in Florida was fined $25,000.

Last edited:
Exactly. Why do law abiding people have to pay for criminals actions? What is next everyone has to pay a tax to cover for drunk drivers? Everyone has to pay a tax to cover for excessive speeders?
Like I said above I can not understand their thinking at all. I am starting to think the reason for that is because they are retarded.
They very clearly do not want the same parameters applied to anything other than legal gun ownership. Unless anyone can name one single other thing that they apply it to ?

Just like you can walk into a store and buy a pellet gun, or sling shot (speaking on a street corner) but not a 45 1911 (like using a ham radio). However dead people, illegals and everyone else can and have voted. You can not have mental problems and buy a firearm, but you can vote and you can get a license to operate a ham radio.
There are far more restrictions on buying a firearm and I am not saying that a background check and ID are to much to ask to do it. EVEN THOUGH THE 2ND SAYS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. However the same should be applied to voting as well then if that is what they want to buy a firearm. If there are not illegal votes, what is the problem? None, just like law abiding firearm owners (or 99% of them) do not have a problem with a background check and ID, neither should hardly anyone have a problem proving you are a citizen meeting all the required criteria to legally vote. Do you know what the federal fine is for operating a ham radio without a license (speaking to large numbers of people or broadcasting)? In 2013 a guy in Florida was fined $25,000.
I hope you understand I wasn't necessarily arguing with you, I was simply offering a small clarification as to when you are and are not guaranteed freedom of speech.

I personally am in favor of showing ID in order to vote...... ID to register is asinine. The right of the American citizen to vote is probably the most sacred right we have, and I just don't understand why/how any American citizen would not do everything possible to protect and defend that sacred right. And yes, I'm vaguely aware of the FCC fines, and what they're for.

Back