testtest

great 14 yr old kid

Well done he got what he deserved won't do that again,but it's sad state of society and the whole "defund the police" thing that criminals think its open season, that a 14 year old has to resort to this.
Although he stepped up and did the right thing as well as protected his mother let’s hope he gets the chance to talk to someone. He could very well have some issues dealing with feelings about what he did. Doing something like that would affect a professional.

Although he stepped up and did the right thing as well as protected his mother let’s hope he gets the chance to talk to someone. He could very well have some issues dealing with feelings about what he did. Doing something like that would affect a professional.
I tend to agree….

I’m hoping that his protective move was ‘instinctive’ as in, not a conscious decision or hasty movie-induced plan.
If it was instinctive in the sense that fight or flight reactions can be, I’d bet it won’t haunt him much if any. Especially if he gets just the right dose of supportive counseling (imho, overdoing that stuff only reinforces doubt about having done the right thing - counterproductive). Point is, if it wasn’t much of a conscious decision then he’ll never have much if any reason to be remorseful about having made a decision.

Kids often do exactly what’s right, in situations that mentally tangle adults up to no end. And the younger the kid is, the clearer & cleaner the action and outcome. Sometimes anyway.
But we’ll over-analyze it all to he11 regardless. (kinda like I’m starting to do right now, lol )

My .02, anyway.

Back