testtest

Great article on how to help a LEO in need of assistance.

Greg Ellifritz is a police officer who writes great articles. Here's a link to one that may come in handy in these days of craziness.

Good article.

Step one - carry your damn gun! Yep...never leave home without it. A lot of the other advice is in my SOP if I ever have to use my weapon at all - holster as soon as possible. Call the police, or have friends call the police if I'm unable, to describe me and the fact that I'm a "good guy". And never, ever draw my weapon unless all other options have been tried first.

Interesting takeaway from the article, too - here in Maryland, we are not required to disclose if we are carrying during a traffic stop. I'd always wondered - "does it pop when they run my license?". I guess - at least in the author's home state - it does.

Good article.

Step one - carry your damn gun! Yep...never leave home without it. A lot of the other advice is in my SOP if I ever have to use my weapon at all - holster as soon as possible. Call the police, or have friends call the police if I'm unable, to describe me and the fact that I'm a "good guy". And never, ever draw my weapon unless all other options have been tried first.

Interesting takeaway from the article, too - here in Maryland, we are not required to disclose if we are carrying during a traffic stop. I'd always wondered - "does it pop when they run my license?". I guess - at least in the author's home state - it does.
Here in PA we are to tell the officer first thing. And it does come up when they run your DL.

Here in PA we are to tell the officer first thing. And it does come up when they run your DL.
In Kentucky where I currently live a permit is not required to carry concealed or open. As far as a requirement to tell an officer I would if stopped keep my hands on the steering wheel and inform the officer as soon as appropriate that I have a weapon on me or in my truck.

Back