testtest

Great day in California

Hi,

Having lived there for so long I tend to stay aware of the socio-political goings on in CA. There is at least one online ammo store shipping directly to CA residents (Sentry Ammo) and SGAmmo has a banner on their website that says they could start as soon as March 1st. Now if you could get the voters to actually vote for more freedoms and less taxes, who knows? The state might turn golden again. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Hi,

Having lived there for so long I tend to stay aware of the socio-political goings on in CA. There is at least one online ammo store shipping directly to CA residents (Sentry Ammo) and SGAmmo has a banner on their website that says they could start as soon as March 1st. Now if you could get the voters to actually vote for more freedoms and less taxes, who knows? The state might turn golden again. ;)

BassCliff
Thanks for that info I will look it up and use them

Hi,

I've purchased from Sentry only when they've had flat rate deals on shipping. Otherwise it can be pricey. Like @Marek71 says, you might want to take advantage of the free shipping at True Shot while it lasts. Total cost is the determining factor. ;)

BassCliff
So what the hell I ordered from true shot today didn’t really need ammo but I want it ship to me ha ha ha so I ordered a couple hundred bucks worth one can always use ammo thsnks for the heads up

Hi,

BassCliff
When I posted yesterday about this change, I have to admit that this is what I was hoping for, the ability to take advantage of the great opportunities to purchase ammo online was what I was hoping for.

javbike- Glad to hear some good 2A news for Californians for a change! Do you still have to show your CC license for ammo? In my state , cash or credit card is all you need unless you look under 18 for rifle ammo or under 21 for pistol ammo when a driver's license or other appropriate ID is required. Good to hear that you're stocking up and I am considering that also as I read an online article today stating that the administration (guess who) is pressuring the ATF to levy an 11% tax nationwide on all ammo and reloading supplies. I'm pretty certain that tax levy is something only Congress can do and I've already emailed all my representatives there not to approve this unjust measure. All 2A supporters, take note!

javbike- Glad to hear some good 2A news for Californians for a change! Do you still have to show your CC license for ammo? In my state , cash or credit card is all you need unless you look under 18 for rifle ammo or under 21 for pistol ammo when a driver's license or other appropriate ID is required. Good to hear that you're stocking up and I am considering that also as I read an online article today stating that the administration (guess who) is pressuring the ATF to levy an 11% tax nationwide on all ammo and reloading supplies. I'm pretty certain that tax levy is something only Congress can do and I've already emailed all my representatives there not to approve this unjust measure. All 2A supporters, take note!
No just pay and go

Hi,

Before I left, you didn't have to show a CCW permit to buy ammo. You did have to pay an extra $1 for the background check. It usually took only a couple of minutes. I also had to pass a written test to obtain a "Firearms Safety Certificate" in order to buy a firearm or ammo. I'm not sure if that rule is still in effect.

I was able to obtain my CCW before I left California. Thankfully I lived in a 2A friendly county.

BassCliff

Back