testtest

Greatest movie scene

Amazingly, Bullitt won an Academy award for its editing.

I counted four--two right before it plows into the gas station.

The confusion started because the Charger is still seen with THREE wheel covers after it's already lost TWO. But it hadn't lost TWO at that point; it's only lost ONE. The coming-down-the-hill chase was filmed with multiple cameras from different angles, and part of it was repeated later so it looks like two different scenes. It's exactly the same scene from two different angles. That's why the green VW and the '68 Tempest/LeMans keep showing up. ;)

Here's one I don't think anyone else has caught: Fairly early in the movie, a '67 Ford 4-door--I think it's a cab, but it might have been a police car--is seen coming around the corner and parking from a long distance. But when they cut to the closeup of someone getting out of the car, it's suddenly a '68. BIG difference between those two years. (Kinda like how on Dark Winds the Navajo Police car keeps switching inexplicably between '65 and '66 Chevy Biscaynes/Bel Airs.)

And I see you've never read Robin Moore's "novel" The Green Berets upon which the JW movie was based. I hadn't either, when I used to think the movie was stupid and silly. ;)

Last edited:
Jamie- we best be going Josey

Josey- you better get goin boy

Jamie- You can’t get ‘em all Josey

Josey- I reckon that’s true

Jamie- then why you doin this then

Josey- got nothing better to do.

The Ten Bears scene is great too.

Ten Bears- then you will die.

Josey- I came here to die. With you.

Literally every movie made after 1976 was at least twice as good as the godawful The Green Berets and if you took the car chase out of Bullitt no one would even talk about it. Platoon and Blackhawk Down make The Green Berets look like a satire.
Bullitt would still be fun with no cars in it at all just for all the once-famous and not-yet-famous supporting cast: Robert Vaughn, Robert Duvall, Normal Fell, Simon Oakland, Don Gordon, Justin Tarr, and of course Jaqueline BigSet. It's kinda like Kelly's Heroes in that regard. And I notice Michael Mann pretty much ripped off the night airport foot chase for Heat. ;)

Best Car Chase? Bullitt, once, maybe, but I've lately decided it's Ronin. But that would be another post. ;)

Platoon pretty much IS a satire. It's completely fictional, at any rate, with a heavy political slant. Black Hawk Down I'll grant you is a great movie, but then so were 13 Hours and Hurt Locker and The Outpost and a bunch of others I could name. Hell, some of Full Metal Jacket was actually filmed with live ammo! :oops:

Bullitt would still be fun with no cars in it at all just for all the once-famous and not-yet-famous supporting cast: Robert Vaughn, Robert Duvall, Normal Fell, Simon Oakland, Don Gordon, Justin Tarr, and of course Jaqueline BigSet. It's kinda like Kelly's Heroes in that regard. And I notice Michael Mann pretty much ripped off the night airport foot chase for Heat. ;)

Best Car Chase? Bullitt, once, maybe, but I've lately decided it's Ronin. But that would be another post. ;)

Platoon pretty much IS a satire. It's completely fictional, at any rate, with a heavy political slant. Black Hawk Down I'll grant you is a great movie, but then so were 13 Hours and Hurt Locker and The Outpost and a bunch of others I could name. Hell, some of Full Metal Jacket was actually filmed with live ammo! :oops:
I love Ronin. A buddy and I are always throwing Ronin quotes around.

Back