Not open for further replies.

SMSgtRod

Professional
Founding Member
Just trying to figure things out here...... 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔

Member is chastised for saying something like "Kicking someone in the ba77s"

Yet they could very well have indicated
🖕cause we do have that emoticon!
I would say that's an over 18 emoticon for sure. But then we all are here aren't we?

We all know any kind of PR is good PR. Keep blasting that bad candidate's name enough and
when folks go to the poles they'll see the name and pull the lever.
Find a lot of Northam, Doomberg, Sleazy Joe and Hillbillary here.
But try to give a little PR to a little known patriotic candidate who's trying to turn a Blue seat RED
and it's pulled.
I guess we can advocate against without any issues, just not for.

Ok, rant done.... pull this if you must............

I would say that's an over 18 emoticon for sure. But then we all are here aren't we?

We all know any kind of PR is good PR. Keep blasting that bad candidate's name enough and
But try to give a little PR to a little known patriotic candidate who's trying to turn a Blue seat RED
and it's pulled.

? . I guess I'm not on here enough to keep up with the latest happenings.

and it's pulled.

Rant is justified. It is good when when a respected contributor to our community speaks out. I hope nobody pulls a lever just because they recognize the name. But I know they do and it is disappointing. The right to vote is a responsibility that should not be taken lightly. However, being a free society you could write in Bozo the clown if you want. I would hope that whoever moderates this forum does so equally. Good and bad. Right and left. For and against. I for one encourage discourse it is how we grow and understand our neighbors.

and it's pulled.

I’m here a lot, but I don’t remember seeing what Sgt is referring to, I either missed it or something. I am lost on this thread, sorry Sgt.

Last edited:
I am all for trying to keep profanity at a minimum in our posts, but chastising someone for using the term "kicking someone in the ba77s", plleeaassee! Striking someone in the testicles, is probably a nogo then, also.

Using the term, "kicking someone in the ba77s" might be vulgar, but hardly profanity.

I must have missed this. I always try to censor my text to not include profanity. IMO, and mine alone, those of us with Founding Member ranks should be held to a higher standard. Great new members, control tempers, no attacks, etc. I know we're all adults, so I'm not about to tell anyone else how to act. The forum will grow, and there will always be something that needs addressing.

I here a lot, but I don’t remember seeing what Sgt is referring to, I either missed it or something. I am lost on this thread, sorry Sgt.
I think Sarge was just using that as an example to illustrate his point. Unless it was him that was chastised, I'm not aware of anyone being warned or criticized for their speech selections, and I'm on here frequently. I think if the admin or moderators were to take offense with something that was said, they'd warn the offender privately, hiding it from the other posters. If it were many posters behaving badly, then I would think a general warning from the admin, on the forum rules regarding such matters.
That said, Sarge was just saying to give the "good" guys and gals running for office some press on here as well as the bad. It's hard, because the candidates most criticized on here, provide such "low hanging fruit".

I guess because I mentioned at one time I'm a moderator on another site the member DM'd me to tell what happened.
In a thread about a bad actor breaking in the residence he said something to the effect that as a last resort he'd kick him in the round things. (only he used the word ba77s) That got him a scolding/warning and his comments removed.
Some how I don't see the problem. If it was Mickey Mouse Club site sure, but not here.... goodness.

But, we can freely drop the "F-Bomb", as we have an emoticon for it....... 🖕

Then I have an issue that all these Dems have 98% of the media market tied up. Only coverage Reps get is something that is twisted way out of context. So what's the problem promoting somebody that is super 2A friendly to clean out a blue seat? Especially on a sight of a manufacturer that makes GUNS. The Black Scary one's.....

Anyways, some politics is ok. Ragging on the Dems or Trump I guess, but nothing positive like a great candidate that needs a little help.

Another rant and I'm all done.

I guess because I mentioned at one time I'm a moderator on another site the member DM'd me to tell what happened.
In a thread about a bad actor breaking in the residence he said something to the effect that as a last resort he'd kick him in the round things. (only he used the word ba77s) That got him a scolding/warning and his comments removed.
Some how I don't see the problem. If it was Mickey Mouse Club site sure, but not here.... goodness.

But, we can freely drop the "F-Bomb", as we have an emoticon for it....... 🖕

Then I have an issue that all these Dems have 98% of the media market tied up. Only coverage Reps get is something that is twisted way out of context. So what's the problem promoting somebody that is super 2A friendly to clean out a blue seat? Especially on a sight of a manufacturer that makes GUNS. The Black Scary one's.....

Anyways, some politics is ok. Ragging on the Dems or Trump I guess, but nothing positive like a great candidate that needs a little help.

Another rant and I'm all done.
Maybe because you are famous by the article. :)

Thank you for clearing that up a bit. I think we can all loose our place a bit when we get fired up about a particular topic. I know I have typed out some things and thought better of it. Not that it was bad, but because I wouldn't want to offend any of you fine folks.

Or the fame has them reaching out to him. These people don't seek any of the staff, they go for the well known guys.
Hmm, I took his explanation that this occurred on another forum that he is a moderator on. Re-reading it, it could be construed either way I suppose. If it was this site, I think your explanation is valid, as Sarge is well known on this site indeed. Either way, I think he got his point across, so no big deal.

Thank you for clearing that up a bit. I think we can all loose our place a bit when we get fired up about a particular topic. I know I have typed out some things and thought better of it. Not that it was bad, but because I wouldn't want to offend any of you fine folks.
These days it is nearly impossible to not offend someone. People seem so easily offended anymore. And that offends me! :ROFLMAO:

IMHO it's all in the context..... If I'm on here calling out a member or mod as a stupid ignorant SOB then yes, get the hook as it's a personal attack.
But, if I'm relating something that some one said such as a vet telling about the SOB's were coming at us from all directions. Then that is telling of a horrible situation in the way that person felt at the moment. No fault.
Tell me honestly.... How many of George Carlin's 7 little words you can't say on TV Haven't you heard on TV!

If bad language in general use can get a member admonished then I best never tell what was said the day we had an engine catch on fire. Flames past the tail and the extinguisher didn't work. Got very colorful, both the flames and the conversation.

Anyways I still feel the member was wrongly punished and am retired from this conversation. Caio...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back